• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Writing to a log file? (1 Viewer)

Alatyami

NotAddicted.com Engineer (Retired)
RedCents
794¢
Can MQ2 write to the log file or is that a bad idea? I am using EQ Companion and I notice that it has a exp per kill field that never populates? I was wondering how I could send a /exp to the log file.

Alatyami said:
Can MQ2 write to the log file or is that a bad idea? I am using EQ Companion and I notice that it has a exp per kill field that never populates? I was wondering how I could send a /exp to the log file.
mqlog text|clear
Logs text to 'logs'directory or clears the log file. The log file will be saved in the logs folder.

i.e. /mqlog The number of combines completed is: ${CombineCount}

i get the following error message:

[2023/01/18 13:47:51] Running Lua script 'magellan' with PID 1
[2023/01/18 13:47:51] [Magellan] Loading MQ2Nav Waypoints
[2023/01/18 13:47:51] C:\...\Lua\lib\LIP.Lua:58: attempt to index a nil valuestack traceback:
C:\...\Lua\lib\LIP.Lua: in function 'load'
C:\...\Lua\magellan.Lua:103: in function 'load_settings'
C:\...\Lua\magellan.Lua:170: in main chunk

[2023/01/18 13:47:51] Ending Lua script 'magellan' with PID 1 and status 2

i tried to unload Lua plugin, which didnt't help. i tried the /nav ui thing, and mq2nav works fine, so is easyfind as well.

to avoid that other Lua scripts could affect the magellan, i just used a fresh and empty Lua directory.

thanks a lot for helping

Writing to a log file?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back