• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Writing ink! (1 Viewer)

kieltwo

RedCents
123¢
anyone know of a good place to farm writing ink?
tried a couple random spots but seems pretty uncommon I got to be missing something>!

Not sure on a good spot, I just saved mine from xp'n. Seemed to be a rare random drop from humanoid types going quite a few expansions back. So you could drop back to some area with a ton of humanoid types and try to AE them.

If you setup a bazaar toon in /buyer and advertise you're buying in /barter, you can sometimes get a bunch that people have been saving.

How much plat are you willing to throw on this? Every server has some TS hoarders. If you offer them enough, they will part with their stash.

I had a buyer set up for ts mats when I was working on Artisan Prize. It took long time but eventually I got everything.

There is no good spot for this. /boo

Good news is that it is in global loot tables so any mob can drop it, only seen it from humanoid myself so there may be a restriction.
Bad news it is rare.

Best farming bet is find a 50-60 ish zone with fast humanoid respawns and just slaughter it for hours on end.
Or offer tons of plat in barter /laughter looking at my plat total.

And people think I am nuts for storing anything with a tradeskill tag.

There is no good spot for this. /boo

Good news is that it is in global loot tables so any mob can drop it, only seen it from humanoid myself so there may be a restriction.
Bad news it is rare.

Best farming bet is find a 50-60 ish zone with fast humanoid respawns and just slaughter it for hours on end.
Or offer tons of plat in barter /laughter looking at my plat total.

And people think I am nuts for storing anything with a tradeskill tag.

The magelo link @Redmonkey provided shows clearly that humanoids drop it. Just need to farm the hell out of humanoids for the drops.

I'd recommend doubling up on doing something else simultaneously. Maybe kill humanoids, but those humanoids are also alaran, so you're evolving your Tear at the same time... or go kill humanoids that count towards your slayer/banestrike achievements... etc.

Question - Writing ink!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back