• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Would this be a terrible group? (1 Viewer)

Saetun

RedCents
25¢
Looking to do an all CWTN group. Think of SK, BST, MAG, MAG, ENC, SHM. Would this be decent? I really only have experience running bst/shm in melee setups so not sure if they really would benefit the casters in this setup and vice versa. Or anyone have another suggestion that can be accomplished with all CWTN plugins? Thanks for any input!

if you're starting from sub 100, use a cleric and not a shaman.
if you are unwilling to put in extra work for your shaman (2.0, rez stick etc) use a cleric

that group would be fine otherwise

eq is still a "holy trinity" game and you have that covered, tank, heals, and cc then dps/utility

Yeah SHM pre 100 and low gear is pretty rough. But I have done it, recently ran a group up to close to 100 using MQ2Shm as main heal all the way. It was rough, but MQ2Eskay does a fantastic job of keeping himself alive for the most part in leveling content so it was pretty doable actually. The levels where it likes to use Torpor as it's heal were hell though with the snare. But for the most part it was enough as long as I stayed to the oldest zones possible for leveling. Only reason I wanted SHM really though was because I already have the plugin :)

Beast is really nice toon to have. Great dps at 120 but there was a few levels in there the dps was meh. I would say cleric for shammy also. My setup is sk beast cleric bard and 2 that i alternate. 2 mages..two rogues or two zerkers or 1 and 1 of that combo. I do ok with beast slows and haste. I do have a pocket chanty for those missions I just can't do without a better mez than bard. I think they would be a great group.

I just recently did it as well, close to it. 1 toon was RGMercs/KA. SK,SHM,BRD,BST,BER x 2. The SHM was pretty solid overall, but there were some things I was attempting, that he couldn't keep up. I had to temper expectations, and then it was fine. I think 90+ I stopped having issues. 80's was rough.

I am a little confused on this one. Why the BST when pairing with Mages? I understand the desire for all CWTN, but I would swap the Mages for Berserkers and keep the BST, or 1 Berserker and a Rogue. Or Drop the BST and go 3 Mages? You already have slows/haste on two toons with ENC/SHM so what does the BST bring ADps wise to the group that really cannot make use of it in Casters.

I went from 1 - 120 with a Shaman healer but my tank is a Pally so there was some healing help available. I really didn't have any issues at all. Of course, I've never had a group with a Cleric so it could be a deal where I don't know what I'm missing...

No need to be confused. Just had most of those plugins already from what was my main group. Used to run the same SK, BST, BER, BER, BRD, SHM and that was badass. Just have 2 goals in starting up a new team :

1. Minimize costs. I got burned really bad in the recent waves. 6 accounts all with freshly bought expansions and paid for subs + paid plugins to support them hit multiple times. It's obvious they have my number and that team is burned regardless of what comes out of all this. If I want to continue doing this I will have to buy it all again and distance myself from the past. Even doing this, I could just be throwing away money foolishly anyway, only time will tell.
2. Reduce my usage of melee. It's just too obvious what is happening in an all melee group. You can't box one effectively without some level of automation. You don't even need reports or detection to determine what is going on there. Watching for even 5 seconds will tell a GM all they need to know. Even using 1 might be foolish.

But all good suggestions. Probably will at least go with the Cleric over Shaman.

Question - Would this be a terrible group?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back