• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Would like to try this out (1 Viewer)

eqranger24

RedCents
91¢
I have played eq for years and fought the good battle of boxing on multiple machines then gradually moved everything to just one. I play a 5 man group and was suggested to check out this software so that I can have my own healer instead of a merc. Would it be possible to get a trial to try to set up a group to see how it goes? I have used ISBOXER for a few years now and have mapped keys set up but it is just not very effective with a main healer unless you just constantly spam a mapped hotkey. I am older and slow but I think with my work schedule I could figure out if this program would work for what I would like to do within a month.

The *Software* will change your prospective about EQ totally. It is more advanced than ISOBoxer since it automates things without keystrokes from your side, it can act on specific situations on its own if you script it correctly. Consider the situation when you combine MQ2 and KissAssist or any other plugins or variants to turn your own character or Alt into simply..........another Merc in game.

It's worth shelling a Level 2 subscription, it's worth donating to a dev too, take my word for it. :)

You need come redcent for the level 2 access. and there are many ways to get them that. You can make a donation to one of the developers and even earn some by contributing to the forums. I have also seen them give out access to people from time to time, and they're pretty quick to respond.

IsBoxer has a purpose, and it serves that purpose to an extent. While EQBC won't let you see sections of other instances of EQ, it's powerful enough to control characters loaded on a computer on the other side of the world. I know, because I did it when I was deployed to Afghanistan. EQBC isn't used to that extent for 99.99% of users, but the fact that it's possible is a great thing.

With that said. EQBC isn't the only thing MQ2 offers by a long shot. Here is the plugin's page.
https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/categories/plugins.11/?order=title&direction=asc
each plugin serves it's own purpose and there is documentation for each one. If having trouble with a specific plugin, you can either join us on discord https://www.redguides.com/community/ewr-discord/
Or you can create a thread here on the forums to ask for help.
In addition to plugins, there is Macros
https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/categories/macros.8/
Macros can do anything that they have been programmed to do from something as simple as automatically keeping a buff on you, all the way up to complete and full group automation with some setup.

The community here is constantly growing, as is the available plugins and macros. If you aren't sold on MQ2 after using it for a month then you're not doing it right and should ask for more help getting the plugins you need loaded and functional, and check in to find out what other macros people find are a must have with their box group.

Is there a detailed guide to red cents? I am not finding it. Want to make sure I use it correctly since everyone been so nice

When you click the red cent button the person that made the post gets 10 red cents and you get 1 red cent. You can use them to buy stuff in the red cent shop.

I have played eq for years and fought the good battle of boxing on multiple machines then gradually moved everything to just one. I play a 5 man group and was suggested to check out this software so that I can have my own healer instead of a merc. Would it be possible to get a trial to try to set up a group to see how it goes? I have used ISBOXER for a few years now and have mapped keys set up but it is just not very effective with a main healer unless you just constantly spam a mapped hotkey. I am older and slow but I think with my work schedule I could figure out if this program would work for what I would like to do within a month.

I was in the same boat as you a few months ago. Here is a post I made to document my work to get up to speed on all this...

https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/how-do-you-actually-run-all-this-stuff.65199/

Request - Would like to try this out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back