• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Would I be rewarding Daybreak? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,741¢
I've had my mains suspended multiple times. I quit playing for weeks. Then when I did come back to the game I created and leveled several sets of FTP characters. So now I've invested hundreds of hours in one of these teams and suddenly I find myself compelled to subscribe them temporarily.

I had an FTP team outright banned 2 years ago for 24/7 tradeskill component farming. There was no notice and no suspensions, they were permabanned the first time! I even petitioned to try and get them back but was denied. I had invested a lot of time in that team too, they were nearly done with Hero's Journey for example.

I'm thinking if my newer team was at least Silver status, they would get suspended once rather than banned the first time. I don't know for sure if there is no grace for FTP, but none of my Gold accounts have ever been banned, just suspended.

But then isn't the urge to subscribe the newer FTP team almost like rewarding Daybreak for effing with my mains in the first place?!?

I'm torn.

fair warning, the moment this thread turns into tinfoil or suspension stuff it is going straight to the other thread. (this isn't at you bigD, just a general)

to answer your question:

I enjoy the game, so i choose to play it - if i no longer enjoy the game i wont

I look at boxing the same way I look at gambling, The big L will catch up to you, eventually. If you cannot accept the big L, maybe it is time to move on. I have accepted these personal rules Daybreak seems to follow; it has helped me move forward from my indecision and continue to play and enjoy the game.
  • Daybreak will never accept boxers with open arms
  • Daybreak will ban accounts
  • Daybreak knows you are addicted
  • Daybreak relationship with boxers is parasitic
  • Daybreak needs your money
There are times when the pendulum swings toward the top of the list, and times it is near the bottom.

Honestly, if you play a game and do things you're not supposed to do you will eventually get caught and deal with the consequences. You have to understand that going in with something like automation.

I played FFXIV legitimately for the first couple years it was out. Day 1 started and played. I found a bot I liked and did some low key gathering and crafting, couple daily chores, nothing spectacular. Next thing I knew I was banned, permanently. I was heartbroken. I felt like I was wronged, I didn't do anything destructive or disruptive to anyone. I kept to myself. Was always near the PC because I was afraid of getting tells. It didn't matter. Without warning I was done.

I was bitter about this for a while. Several months. How could they do that to a loyal player and customer. I'll never support them again, I thought to myself. After some time though I realized they didn't do anything wrong. I had to accept that I was the one in the wrong. It's just a game of cat and mouse. Even though I wasn't doing anything "wrong" I was still in the wrong for breaking their rules/EULA.

With that mindset I made a new account. Continued to bot but with the better outlook of knowing someday I will probably get in trouble. That someday could be today. Tomorrow. A year from now. Or never in my time playing.

I sold the second account. Have a third account now and have no problems.

Long ranting story aside. If you're feeling bitter about getting banned in EQ, just stick with FTP, but you'll eventually come around if you enjoy the game enough. You're not supporting the person or AI that threw the book at your characters, but game as a whole.

If that doesn't do it for ya, maybe play on some emu servers or on Test. They're free. Can have your cake and eat it too.

Its also a question of your pocket book. If the reason you were playing F2P to begin with is that you couldn't justify the expenditure, then I would just stick with that.

But, if you have some disposable cash and time and accept that you could lose that investment at any moment, then give it a whirl.

I don't think account status is the determining factor. They look at the offense.

That being said I don't think a couple hundred a month is going to reward DBG to any noticeable degree and as you said you have other Gold accounts they have not messed with.

So do you feel paying for those is also rewarding them? ;)

If I could, I would pay for every account I have. But that would equal my house payment each month! And you can't play EQ on the corner...or can you?

While Silver/F2P is ok for the lower minions in my stable I feel a character is not 100% complete unless he is all access.

Did they not get rid of silver status for newer accounts on servers other than FV? As recently as 3 years ago subbing for a month wasn't enough to get silver status for my newer accounts, was told it wasn't a thing anymore for new accounts only grandfathered accounts.

I've had my mains suspended multiple times. I quit playing for weeks. Then when I did come back to the game I created and leveled several sets of FTP characters. So now I've invested hundreds of hours in one of these teams and suddenly I find myself compelled to subscribe them temporarily.

I had an FTP team outright banned 2 years ago for 24/7 tradeskill component farming. There was no notice and no suspensions, they were permabanned the first time! I even petitioned to try and get them back but was denied. I had invested a lot of time in that team too, they were nearly done with Hero's Journey for example.

I'm thinking if my newer team was at least Silver status, they would get suspended once rather than banned the first time. I don't know for sure if there is no grace for FTP, but none of my Gold accounts have ever been banned, just suspended.

But then isn't the urge to subscribe the newer FTP team almost like rewarding Daybreak for effing with my mains in the first place?!?

I'm torn.
i dont know what server you play on but FV its alot easier to gear up and hand your gear to box team. If my squad got popped i could be up and running again under week.

Did they not get rid of silver status for newer accounts on servers other than FV? As recently as 3 years ago subbing for a month wasn't enough to get silver status for my newer accounts, was told it wasn't a thing anymore for new accounts only grandfathered accounts.

Last November I gave one of my FTP characters a Krono to consume. After the Krono wore off he now shows Silver status. That's my only experience with Silver.

Yes they got rid of "official" Silver status. FV had nothing to do with it.

But as someone else mentioned if you use a Krono then when the Krono wears off 99 times out of 100 the account will go Silver.

Does not work if you use credit cards. Not sure if you had already paid with a credit card and then used a Krono instead if it will work.

There are a ton of players on "other" EQ forums who will argue till the cows come home that it does not work. But most of us know it does.

Yes they got rid of "official" Silver status. FV had nothing to do with it.

But as someone else mentioned if you use a Krono then when the Krono wears off 99 times out of 100 the account will go Silver.

Does not work if you use credit cards. Not sure if you had already paid with a credit card and then used a Krono instead if it will work.

There are a ton of players on "other" EQ forums who will argue till the cows come home that it does not work. But most of us know it does.
Yea I probably payed with credit card.

I'm torn.
Hmmm...uber tank (Gold once) one time payment + a chance to max aa's seems like a good enough reason to forego:
  • 16 McChikens
  • A large fry
  • A large sweet ice tea
Or...4 Large Shamrock Shakes

$17.99 + Tax

mcdonalds GIF
Lets Go Yes GIF by Bubble Punk

I'm torn.
The short answer is yes. If you pay for new subs or start new chars you are basically rewarding them for doing what they are doing. If you let your boxes go and just leave the game or only play your main they will lose subs and next year when their sales of Xpacs are cut in half they will realize Boxers make up a ton of their revenue. Will this solve the problem? No but it least it hits them where it hurts

Last edited:
Always funny to watch a 6 box team running through pok with their names rotating rainbow colors. I say if your dedicated enough to make another team after getting banned and you want to go gold it's on you. I don't think it matters if you are free play, silver or gold when it comes to the ban hammer.
At the end of the day it's a game. You have the game of Everquest that has in a sense become the same old game, then you have the game of getting away with bending the rules of the game. I feel like the more I can bend the rules of the game and get away with it is what makes it so enjoyable. If the worst thing that can happen is losing a toon or more, then so be it.
Good luck with your new crew. We're pulling for you. haha

I’ve been banned twice in EQ2 and with it my EQ accounts. For some reason I always end back in EQ1. I learned an important lesson from this. Dont play EQ2.

I spend more money eating out each month than I do with my EQ hobby. It’s cheaper to field new crews with subs and expansions if it meant I stayed home more and living out my EQ1 nostalgia.

Always funny to watch a 6 box team running through pok with their names rotating rainbow colors. I say if your dedicated enough to make another team after getting banned and you want to go gold it's on you. I don't think it matters if you are free play, silver or gold when it comes to the ban hammer.
At the end of the day it's a game. You have the game of Everquest that has in a sense become the same old game, then you have the game of getting away with bending the rules of the game. I feel like the more I can bend the rules of the game and get away with it is what makes it so enjoyable. If the worst thing that can happen is losing a toon or more, then so be it.
Good luck with your new crew. We're pulling for you. haha
It's even funnier if you illusion clockwork all 6...really drive it home you know...

doctor who dancing GIF by Cheezburger

I play 25 accounts (24 mq, 1 clean).. all gold. its not rewarding them, i play because i like the game and have for 21? years. I would say play for what you WANT, and dont worry about DBGs bottom line.. its for your enjoyment, and as others point out, its a pretty cheap hobby :)

So now I've invested hundreds of hours in one of these teams and suddenly I find myself compelled to subscribe them temporarily.
Look at it as rewarding yourself. The benefits you would gain from AA's alone would be huge. Also, for however long you keep them active you will be able to utilize prestige gear which would be a nice boost to work on some AA's. It's your game, play it how you like 👍

I play 25 accounts (24 mq, 1 clean).. all gold. its not rewarding them, i play because i like the game and have for 21? years. I would say play for what you WANT, and dont worry about DBGs bottom line.. its for your enjoyment, and as others point out, its a pretty cheap hobby :)

"cheap" might be a relative term here since with 24 accounts you are dropping $300 a month on EQ and I dont know if MY budget could justify that. lol

But, still better than a $300 a week crack habbit! amiright?

I think serious boxers can earn enough kronos that it covers their subscription costs. Maybe you can get by with free characters if you have enough of them? I switched to EQ Emulator years ago and haven't looked back much. It has pros and cons, but it's nice to have all the various options.

I think just as many have said, don't put the blame on the game for you breaking the rules and getting caught. If you speed you risk getting a ticket, does that mean you will no longer drive? I think not. If you don't enjoy playing without the ease of VV then you need to weigh that versus the frustration of getting banned. We all know it is possible and we make a conscious decision to risk it. Society as a whole somehow got this attitude that "I" can do no wrong and everything is someone else's fault. Let us take responsibility for our actions. I hope you get over your anger and play the game that we all love and enjoy it again. I at the very least would sub the accounts at least 1 month once I got high enough to get the free AAs.

Question - Would I be rewarding Daybreak?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back