• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Worthwhile? (1 Viewer)

Heeb

RedCents
201¢
I have just started playing again and am running an SK/Sham/Mage and trying to decide if I want to add a few more characters to my group. I have been manually controlling the three characters and was thinking about giving MQ a try. Is this something that is worth the time/money to setup and use? I have not really used it in the past so I would be completely new.

It is absolutely, 100% worth the time/money investment to set up. You'll begin to wonder how you ever interacted with this game without it.
I red cented your post to support a one-month trial. If you get 50 of them (4 more likes) you'll be able to download it to see what the fuss is about.

Totally worth it IMO, also gave you RedCent to help push you along into getting it. This is by far the best starting point for MQ that I have found. Very active and helpful community. As a vetran player since 99 (few breaks here and there) majority of the macros and plugins run my characters better than I ever did. I am up to 16 toons as of now and on next patch day I plan to start up 2 more toons to replace the 2 mercs I currently still use all because of MQ.

Thanks so much for the feedback. How long does the initial setup typically take and is there a place I can find some good information on getting started on the forums?

Thanks so much for the feedback. How long does the initial setup typically take and is there a place I can find some good information on getting started on the forums?
Welcome!
here is a good start

Here the initial set up is very quick and easy there are a lot of resources available on the sight (not sure of what access you have at the moment) but should be able to go into each forum and read the stickied posts at the top and look at anything and everything from @Sic he has great instruction videos and is beyond super helpful.

Thanks again for the information. I will watch these videos in just a few and try to get it all setup. Does everyone use ISboxer in addition to MQ or do you guys use one or the other?

I returned in April as a former solo / molo player who grabbed the occasional group. Now I have a team of 6 that I've leveled up to 114 using Kiss Assist and recently CWTN plugins for my two Berserkers and Rogue.

The game is infinitely better (certainly than the modern game...as nothing beats the 1999 - 2002 era) using MQ2 / Red Guides. You will really enjoy it.

Question - Worthwhile?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back