• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Worth buying stuff off the bazaar? (1 Viewer)

ctsfinest

RedCents
532¢
Looking to return to my live toons after an extended break! Got jazzed up playing on Oakwynd and missed commanding my army instead of always having to rely on others. I think I’m going to give CWTNs a whirl too which I’m excited having tested them on the test server . That said, should I continue with my current defiant level 63 gear setups or should I sell the two krono I have to get some plat for bazaar gear? Is it even worth twinking on live? Thanks for advice.

Looking to return to my live toons after an extended break! Got jazzed up playing on Oakwynd and missed commanding my army instead of always having to rely on others. I think I’m going to give CWTNs a whirl too which I’m excited having tested them on the test server . That said, should I continue with my current defiant level 63 gear setups or should I sell the two krono I have to get some plat for bazaar gear? Is it even worth twinking on live? Thanks for advice.
you'll definitely need stuff to get xp, but i wouldn't bother dropping your plats on gear quite yet

Not much to upgrade or twink at level 63. But your a few short steps away from better gear in SOF (Secrets of Faydwer) and hunting in Oceangreen Hills where you have quest and drop armor.

Personally I spend so little time under level 90 that I don't worry about it. I don't feel it makes a difference at those levels. But once 92 hits I like to hit Shard's Landing for fear touched or buy it in the baz and some other good stuff from Marks of Valor.

I would save the Krono for higher levels when you see what you can get then - it will be a huge bump to your stats then

Not much to upgrade or twink at level 63. But your a few short steps away from better gear in SOF (Secrets of Faydwer) and hunting in Oceangreen Hills where you have quest and drop armor.

Personally I spend so little time under level 90 that I don't worry about it. I don't feel it makes a difference at those levels. But once 92 hits I like to hit Shard's Landing for fear touched or buy it in the baz and some other good stuff from Marks of Valor.

I would save the Krono for higher levels when you see what you can get then - it will be a huge bump to your stats then
Awesome - I feel like getting to 63 so far has been quite a grind but maybe I am leveling in the wrong area.

I recommend getting your team gear from the TBM expansion. Once you're level 70 you can purchase all gear slots from the group armor merchant in Plane of Tranquility near Quellious. This gear can be purchased pretty cheap with Remnants of Tranquility. It'll make your group strong enough to complete the Into the Temple mission at level 75, which is the lowest level you can start the quest.

Once you've completed that quest, you'll have access to purchase augments to make the gear a lot stronger. The augments will allow you to customize the gear toward certain stats for each character. You can take this system from level 75-105, with the option to sell the augments back at a slight loss to purchase the upgrades, which cost more the higher the level augment. You gain currency from completing missions in TBM or from purchasing them from other players/bazaar.

• The currency is tradable.
  • You gain more currency per mission the higher level you are.
  • The missions scale in difficulty based on the highest level character in the dungeon.
  • You want to be careful of keeping the levels on your team as close together as possible.
  • The gear is non-prestige, very ftp friendly.
  • The type 5 augments you obtain, you can continue using in more recent expansions.
  • There are videos on YouTube that can help walk you through Into the Temple flagging.
  • You get a bunch of exp from doing it.

Last edited:
What @DEADCiTiES said if you have remnants, otherwise Elaborate Defiant at 70 and then whatever you pickup going through SoF/HoT zones, then Shards for RoF/feartouched. Unless you want to dig in and and spend a bunch of time on progression for TBS/SoF or something you'll go through those levels too fast to make spending a lot of time on gearing worth it. Also, would recommend focusing any gear you pick up on your tank...

What @DEADCiTiES said if you have remnants, otherwise Elaborate Defiant at 70 and then whatever you pickup going through SoF/HoT zones, then Shards for RoF/feartouched. Unless you want to dig in and and spend a bunch of time on progression for TBS/SoF or something you'll go through those levels too fast to make spending a lot of time on gearing worth it. Also, would recommend focusing any gear you pick up on your tank...
Yeah, SK is definitely getting the focus (and the sub). Is there a good guide on the forums to reference for leveling? I can't seem to find a more recent one, or one that is the general consensus "use this one". Any recommendations?

Are you talking about as far as a leveling guide identifying zones? That sort of depends on your group. Are you 6-boxing? Any specific progression goals, or just getting to 110 quickly? As a sort of catch-all, you can't really go wrong with Serpent's Spine through 75 or 80, then either Franklin Teek Hotzones, or HoT, then Alaris, then RoF, then TDS/TDM zones until you can go to RoS version of The Overthere or EoK version of Frontier Mountains. Almar does a pretty decent write-up for these, just google "Almar's Guides" and click on "Everquest Leveling Guides" in the search results

Are you talking about as far as a leveling guide identifying zones? That sort of depends on your group. Are you 6-boxing? Any specific progression goals, or just getting to 110 quickly? As a sort of catch-all, you can't really go wrong with Serpent's Spine through 75 or 80, then either Franklin Teek Hotzones, or HoT, then Alaris, then RoF, then TDS/TDM zones until you can go to RoS version of The Overthere or EoK version of Frontier Mountains. Almar does a pretty decent write-up for these, just google "Almar's Guides" and click on "Everquest Leveling Guides" in the search results
Ok, that's what I've been following (Almar). 6 boxing to 110-120 ASAP using RGMercs and KissAssist but think I'm going to go full CWTN when I get back into it.

IRL - Worth buying stuff off the bazaar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back