• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Wondering if it's possible to drop a group member if healer is down, for a merc to rez? (1 Viewer)

ishio

RedCents
114¢
Heya all,

So currently, I am trying to bring 4 characters up to about where my monk is, so I've been grinding them out. However, there are instances where my main healer, a Shaman, will die, stopping my exp grinding. I was wondering if there was a way to write something, to check if the healer is dead, have my SK pop his merc, rez the Shm, and then suspend the merc?

Taking it one step further, checking if the group is full, and dropping a defined Character at the start of this process, and reinviting the player at the end of this process, with something like mq2autogroup to accept?

Is this something more of a plugin would need to do, or can this be done with a background script running?

you could potentially use mq2react to do this.

check for

${Group.Member[Shamanname].Dead} && ${Me.CombatState.NotEqual[Combat]} && ${Mercenary.State.NotEqaual[Active]}

those 3 conditions should be true atleast imo, maybe more conditions

then use this command to call the merc :

/nomodkey /notify MMGW_ManageWnd MMGW_SuspendButton LeftMouseUp

then have a similar react that checks if the shaman is infact there, and that your merc is active and use the same command to click the button to put merc away.

My thoughts exactly. If you’re running 4, why not add 2 mercs to make a full group? Doesn’t this allow you to get the full group exp bonus as well? and Allow you to kill faster.
No, Mercs don't count toward the full group bonus.

He's trying to level up 4 characters, I think it's likely he's got 2 other stronger Characters in the group as well since he's also asking for a script to remove and re-invite characters to do it

My thoughts exactly. If you’re running 4, why not add 2 mercs to make a full group? Doesn’t this allow you to get the full group exp bonus as well? and Allow you to kill faster.
Should have clarified more.

I have a Monk that's 117, and a SK that's 111.

I also havea Bst that was 75, and a Shm that was 85, and a Bard that was 86. I also started a zerker. I got all 4 of them up to 91, so that they can group with the SK, and the monk sat out to get them up to at least 110. They are getting close to there, and then I can move them out to somewhere where the Monk would get more than just 0.004% xp per kill.

you could potentially use mq2react to do this.

check for

${Group.Member[Shamanname].Dead} && ${Me.CombatState.NotEqual[Combat]} && ${Mercenary.State.NotEqaual[Active]}

those 3 conditions should be true atleast imo, maybe more conditions

then use this command to call the merc :

/nomodkey /notify MMGW_ManageWnd MMGW_SuspendButton LeftMouseUp

then have a similar react that checks if the shaman is infact there, and that your merc is active and use the same command to click the button to put merc away.
This is helpful, thank you. Would this be something I'd have to write into a plugin, or can I write it into a background script?

Or use these so anyone in the group can rez and don't have to wait to be out of battle like you do with a merc. You can buy these thru loyalty merchant for 86 tokens and also off the Overseer merchant. I get a kick out of my ranger rezzing people!
1641775006983.png

Well I have done this... First you need to know and have several merc in the group as healer. Drop someone in the group so you have an open spot in the group (don't drop the one who is dead). Unsuppend the healer merc on one of grop members. Let the merc rez the dead group member. Once member is rezzed drop the merc and invite the one who was dropped. Group is now back together and ready.

Zeb

Heya all,

So currently, I am trying to bring 4 characters up to about where my monk is, so I've been grinding them out. However, there are instances where my main healer, a Shaman, will die, stopping my exp grinding. I was wondering if there was a way to write something, to check if the healer is dead, have my SK pop his merc, rez the Shm, and then suspend the merc?

Taking it one step further, checking if the group is full, and dropping a defined Character at the start of this process, and reinviting the player at the end of this process, with something like mq2autogroup to accept?

Is this something more of a plugin would need to do, or can this be done with a background script running?
Here's an idea...add a necro to your team...great dps (specially agaisn't named/longer encounters) and they can also battle rezz via kissassist. Pet is also a handy back-up tank/dps...better than a paladin for sure...

You could probably write a LEM. Look at what is done for the Shei Vintras Heroic mission and maybe modify that. Unfortunately, I'm not proficient enough (yet) to help beyond that. But I know I was walked through building one, which set me on a testing path.

Should have clarified more.

I have a Monk that's 117, and a SK that's 111.

I also havea Bst that was 75, and a Shm that was 85, and a Bard that was 86. I also started a zerker. I got all 4 of them up to 91, so that they can group with the SK, and the monk sat out to get them up to at least 110. They are getting close to there, and then I can move them out to somewhere where the Monk would get more than just 0.004% xp per kill.

For future reference since it sounds like you're past that point: after like 70 or so, the level gap stays at 30 (not 20) so you could group with your monk at 87 and your sk at 81.

Also, since your grinding I'm not sure you're going to find much xp for your monk. 116-120 are even hellier levels than 111-115 as far as grinding goes. Better to just stick with what's easy and safe and works for your lower guys and take anything the monk gets as a bonus.

I'm not all that technically savvy, so I just drop campfires. Release and campfire back.

Alternatively, make a Necro and give him essence emeralds. He'll rez the shaman faster than you can blink (if you're running the plugin). The Necro plugin is one of the best ones imo...IDKNYK

Question - Wondering if it's possible to drop a group member if healer is down, for a merc to rez?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back