• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Wizard Nurf/Class Murder (1 Viewer)

wymranar

I <3 SKs *kissy face*
RedCents
878¢
I’ve been reading about this wizard nurf, and it got me thinking...

If you could murder one class from the game, which one would it be?

You could delete a class because of class jealousy, to put the class out of its misery, or for the betterment of game itself. What would you do with this power?

I would probably delete BER. Even though I have a few of them, and love them. They are a bit op imo. With BER out of the game, the DPS archetype would have more variety overall.

2nd place would be shadow knight. Just because

Necros. They have zero place in the group game and are op as fuck in the raid game. Bye bye!

class balance is so fucked. Necros are easily 2 times the raid dps as everyone else 3 times as much as most. I would say monks/beastlords :)

woah, woah, woah there! lol and Bards! Def Bards. Though I do agree about necros not having a place in groups.("I would add sometimes to that quote")

Not based on game play at all but Shaman. Over the years some of the most obnoxious single account players I've had the misfortune of being guilded with have played Shaman with the ones with Ogres topping the list. Nothing pissed me off more when playing my Bard than having tell hell from the Shaman telling me what songs to twist and worse yet how to split and pull when it was pretty obvious that the beginning and end of his crowd control knowledge was his AA root

Delete Paladins for sure...no self-respecting tank...or healer would ever be that. Or...as a fantastic jokes...delete sk's/wars/clerics and watch norrath suffer :)
I'd love to watch a raid with no clerics, wars, sk's...lol...wipefest

shadow knight. It's such a "flavor of the month" class right now and has been for a long time. Lots of people play the class and do so poorly. Actual well-played SKs are few and far between.

My raid group has about 12 SKs trying to get into the raid and all but maybe 3 of them are complete trash at playing the class. I seriously wish our RL would simply tell half of them to reroll or don't bother coming. Most of them do box and have other classes that they could bring, but they're so invested in their SK (because they want to gear their tank) that they are essentially stuck at this point.

Also, whenever I'm grouped with a SK that bitches and complains when he's asked to tank, I about want to reach through the screen and slap someone.

shadow knight. It's such a "flavor of the month" class right now and has been for a long time. Lots of people play the class and do so poorly. Actual well-played SKs are few and far between.

My raid group has about 12 SKs trying to get into the raid and all but maybe 3 of them are complete trash at playing the class. I seriously wish our RL would simply tell half of them to reroll or don't bother coming. Most of them do box and have other classes that they could bring, but they're so invested in their SK (because they want to gear their tank) that they are essentially stuck at this point.

Also, whenever I'm grouped with a SK that bitches and complains when he's asked to tank, I about want to reach through the screen and slap someone.
I used to be guilded with a warrior that would "/war lfg but no i dont tank, im dps" and he was, he didnt have a shield, he was DW always, and wouldnt tank, even if group was wiping

I used to be guilded with a warrior that would "/war lfg but no i dont tank, im dps" and he was, he didnt have a shield, he was DW always, and wouldnt tank, even if group was wiping
lol. yeah, if you want to play warrior that's just dps, roll a zerk.

My opinion, is that people say this because tanking requires a bit more attention and effort. Same reason people don't want to pull.

Last edited:
I’ve been reading about this wizard nurf, and it got me thinking...

If you could murder one class from the game, which one would it be?

You could delete a class because of class jealousy, to put the class out of its misery, or for the betterment of game itself. What would you do with this power?
Wait, what wizard nerf? Is this about the proc thing?

Last edited:
Wizards are getting nerfed? I thought it was pretty commonly held that Wizards were in a bad spot, DPS wise

Wizards are getting nerfed? I thought it was pretty commonly held that Wizards were in a bad spot, DPS wise
it wasn't a "dayum wizzies are poppin we gotta lower that" - it was a "these procs proccing procs that proc procs are lagging the game to a halt - and that coincidentally screwed wizzies - I sincerely hope they give wizzies some love (they needed it anyhow)

Not sure why they thought this would help - they did the same thing in EQ2 a while back and it did nothing for the lag

Just seems like a show they're putting on so it looks like they're doing something (when they know full well it's the new hardware they transferred us to, which is clearly worse)

Yes. Wizards derived a fair amount of DPS from procs that could recursively proc off other procs.
it wasn't a "dayum wizzies are poppin we gotta lower that" - it was a "these procs proccing procs that proc procs are lagging the game to a halt - and that coincidentally screwed wizzies - I sincerely hope they give wizzies some love (they needed it anyhow)
I mean my wizard seems pretty proctacular. I really didn’t pay much attention pre-patch as I was still leveling and AAing him. I guess I missed out on the good stuff. I’ll keep going with him and hope the pendulum swings the other way and he gets a boost.

34XOTlo.jpg

GoodGuy Sword and Board Tank: "warrior i need help, tank plz"
DW War: "No; You."
*both dies*
GG S&B: "wtf"
DW War: "No; You.
Hmm..why does that sounds exactly like every ground when i’m playing a cleric...healz me plz...no you‘re not the tank...if you get hit you die...

Just smack the crap out of everyone that complains class whatever is so awesome but is too lazy to make one themselves and instead puts more effort into bitching about it.

Early results point to this proc change hurting rangers even more than wizards. Which is great, cause they already run out of mana after 5 casts, so now they get to do even less dps during that mana bar drain.

If we are pointing fingers: Wizard, Paladin, Beserker, because I don’t see what flavour and gameplay they bring to the game that is not already available in other classes, and because I feel sorry for my RL buddy who sunk thousands of hours into his pally back in the days, always struggling :-).

I Just want my Ogre Bard to become reality! Who says an Ogre can't sing. While we are at it make the Ogre Monk too.
With all the illusion clickes now, anyone can be anything. I used to pride myself on my wide range of illusions my bard had/has. Now it’s nothing special.

Discussion - Wizard Nurf/Class Murder

Users who are viewing this thread

Back