• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Will this be the death of MQ? (1 Viewer)

Wonder what it will mean for us all?

Why would you think that? Anybrain is designed mostly for FPS games. Additionally, it is not 100% and developers are VERY reluctant to use it. If they weren't so reluctant, it would already be implemented. It has been out for some time now and is still not really used.

Why would you think that? Anybrain is designed mostly for FPS games. Additionally, it is not 100% and developers are VERY reluctant to use it. If they weren't so reluctant, it would already be implemented. It has been out for some time now and is still not really used.
Personal opinion there are probably more of us running more automation than normal reaction on players..if that ai is trained the majority of interactions would probably be ours…

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

During the 2008 global economic collapse, some of the only major liquid cash in the system was from drug cartels and other organized crime.

Daybreak has a pretty good understanding of players using MacroQuest, as evidenced by the suspension waves last year.

Daybreak, like many governments, know the hit their bottom line would take with a true crackdown on cheating. I think the days of people quiting because of others MQ usage are mostly over, and they created that environment on TLPs for those interested.

The AnyBrain software is for-profit. DG won't buy it. I am sure this software has its own "system requirements" that will piss off all the EQ players still rocking Windows 7.

What does this mean exactly ?

It is a way to promote the game Everquest to new higher levels of play!! But the problem is , I do not think this strategy will work in my opinion. What daybreak needs to do is bring out new classes and races with a intricate story line. The Everquest universe is dying for more variation and player development.

This whole idea does not work at all and it is counter productive on all levels

With 220.- Euro per year (12x15 per sub + 40 per exp) EQ is an extremely expensive game. To make it even worth your while it heavily relies on 2 things.

1. 3rd parts websites to help people with quests, tradeskills and progression.
2. 3rd party developers to add quality of life modifications DPG can not get done by themselfs anymore.

Boxing (x2-3) and botting (x4-24) optioanlly adds multiplier to this amount of money.
The moment they would be able to invest into Anti Cheat AI, It would probably also be possible to use a Cheat AI. Because one relies on the existence of the other.

If they actually wanted to kill off MQ usage, they could simply start banning every account they detect using it at the first offense. No warning, just every week run their detection and check the logs and start firing off bans of the account in question and every related account. They could do IP and hardware signature based bans as well. Just go scorched earth on everyone who even looks like they're using cheat software.

They wouldn't have a game left, but at least they'd finally be rid of MQ.

If they actually wanted to kill off MQ usage, they could simply start banning every account they detect using it at the first offense. No warning, just every week run their detection and check the logs and start firing off bans of the account in question and every related account. They could do IP and hardware signature based bans as well. Just go scorched earth on everyone who even looks like they're using cheat software.

@Many_Whelps … yup they might as well just close their doors and put the out-of-business sign up while they’re at it

bart simpson out of business GIF

I would love to see data on how much revenue MQ usage ends up bringing to Daybreak. Xpacs, store items, subs, etc etc etc.

I would love to see data on how much revenue MQ usage ends up bringing to Daybreak. Xpacs, store items, subs, etc etc etc.
Speaking only for myself, I have 6 subs.... 5 of which are MQ only, maintained for infrequent occasions when I need a group and the only humans available are MIA, or incompetent. So in my case, that is 500% additional revenue.

"Pressure applied to the keyboard"

Did anyone else laugh at that or was it just me? How, exactly, does AI gather data from my computer that my computer cannot collect? Every keyboard I've ever used (and I have almost every razer keyboard ever made), none, I repeat none, give variable signals - every key is either on, or off (though, ngl that this sounds like a very interesting idea for a keyboard... Is that a W or a w? Depends on how hard you press!)

Oh, you're going to collect my data and send it back to somewhere for analysis (because you're obviously not running ai on my gpu with me running 6 boxes of EQ LOL.

Okay then, Wireshark, show me the packets (opens Winbox for the Mikrotik router and starts locking down outbound ports...) Toodles!

Speaking only for myself, I have 6 subs.... 5 of which are MQ only, maintained for infrequent occasions when I need a group and the only humans available are MIA, or incompetent. So in my case, that is 500% additional revenue.
I could be very, very wrong, but I think you just opened up the reason to why I don't see these forums littered with complaints of being outright banned.

I'd be interested to know how many of their gm's/employees catch a ban on their Smurf accounts.

Last edited:
Lol, if anBev or Target ran EQ I might be worried about this... daybreak oddly doesn't seem like they're in a hurry to kill their company.

there is roughly, guesstimated 10% accounts being run by mq, and that is a generous guesstimate, according to the numbers shown when they sold the IP, they have about 66k paying active accounts logging in a month, 10% of that is not gonna hurt them, infact blocking f2p accounts running mq, would greatly increase the servers efficiency.

several mq users have past 100+ f2p accounts, these accounts are detriment to eqs framework, they bring no profit, and use up resources.

killing mq would not hurt them to the point where they would die.

Will this be the death of MQ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back