• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

wierd patch/login issue (1 Viewer)

ss44

RedCents
31¢
i can start the launcher, log in with 3 different account and then it checks files and logs into server select. But, if I log in with the other account, it patches, gives me a different EQGame.exe, and will not go to server select (says cannot connect to server). Then I can go back to one of the other 3 accounts, log in, it will repatch and then works great. Any idea why that 1 account screws everything up? All on the same installation of EQ...

You aren't runnng eq out of a directory with any of EMU info or is that 4th account set to run on the test server?

nope, set up for live. if i can get to server login, it shows no servers and only 2 expansions.

just verified, still doing it. if you have a live installation Maskoi, can I PM you the SN/PW and see what it does on your end?

i can start the launcher, log in with 3 different account and then it checks files and logs into server select. But, if I log in with the other account, it patches, gives me a different EQGame.exe, and will not go to server select (says cannot connect to server). Then I can go back to one of the other 3 accounts, log in, it will repatch and then works great. Any idea why that 1 account screws everything up? All on the same installation of EQ...

If you are smart you only need to run the patcher on patch days. In order to bypass the patcher entirely you can make a copy of the shortcut that goes through the whole patching process and in the copy you put quotes around the target and a single space and the word patchme like this

"C:/Program Files/Sony/Everquest/eqgame.exe" patchme

This may fix your problem with the patcher as it will bypass the pathcer entirely. it could be the thing is timing out by the time you get to selecting an server on the third account.

wierd patch/login issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back