• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Why do you play Everquest over all other games. (1 Viewer)

Habit.

When EQ came out several RL friends played it. EQ Lan parties, etc.

Now, its mostly for the social interaction and satisfaction of problem solving raid encounters, and writing code to automate various parts of the process.

I like a lot of the other old guys here started gaming on 5 1/4" floppies. c: //b: <enter> , b: dir/w <enter>, b: needforspeed.exe <enter> .... yay mono color cream spinach graphics.. lol And I just never looked back.

EQ was the first really 3D game and it totally blew me away. I still remember that shiver down my spine the first time a skeleton cackled at me before promptly beating me to death outside of Felwithe. I have literally tried a thousand titles in search of that again and just never found it. I still play other games - but I fell in love with Norrath that first night and have been here in some way - live, P99, EQ2, emu for 24 years since. Compared to some I am still a newb even now, I haven't mastered every single trick. But I have watched some come and go - bard kiting, the shaker shockers, donal's chestplate heal chains <pre-nerf>. The love is just still there.

It's not that I play EQ over all other games but rather I keep coming back to EQ. I will go stints on D3 hardcore for the leader boards. I did purchase RDR2 late April and that has me entertained. I spent too much killing and started to like it too much hahaha. Now I am back working Jann's and a few ToV earrings.
1692814033825.png

My wife would say, and she is not really wrong, that EverQuest is my first love. Released while still in High School, I very nearly flunked out due to playing this game day and night. I have only gotten to play intermittently since having a family, but with the last one going into High School and wife going back for her Masters Degree I have a lot more open time to play now.

no other game ive played has the player base eq has there are very few keyboard heros and for the best part the community has been strong since inception

I grew up playing. Wizardry, Bards Tale 1-3, Kings Quest, ultima, leisure suit Larry. Ever quest was the first game that Gave me the Feels like playing bards tale 1 for the first time.

I have and continue to play multiple games depending on my time and mood. But there is always a few games that never leave my hard drive. Ever quest 1 and 2. Now I did after 20+ years on The seventh hammer. Moved to FV server.

For me ever Quest now is memories of days gone by. Log in call some old buddies talk people into playing for a month or 2 (and of course intro them to RG. Assuming I used to compile for them back in the day.) Just to bullshit and catch up. Most have moved on but not once has someone I knew ever said f that game. So for me it is I play it for the memories and friendships I made along the way with hundred's of people I would have never otherwise known.

I mean in todays gaming world can you picture

Forming PoF/PoH raid Raid ETA 6-8 hours commit.

Real corpse runs. (had a few lowbies i lost all my gear on lol)

And for me I met my Wife at a Guild Lan party Back in 2002.

So for those reasons EQ will remain on my HD until they shut the servers down (would prob just go to an Emu server then too )

MQ Redguides edition

It turned a fond, but aged, very rose-tinted gaming memory into a squad-based strategy RPG unlike anything else and the forums here are almost always friendly, if a little quiet. I'm also noticing a marked decrease in my ability, as I age, to pick up new game mechanics and controls, so I tend to get tired of new RPGs before I start having fun. My Gog & Steam library backlog is a lifetime worth of gaming if I ever get tired of EQ or banned!

Last edited:
I was fully embedded in Ultima online - multiple accounts with Castles n stuff - even with a 800ms ping times my wife and I were Gods of UO.

Then one of my RL friends from UO started on eq in Beta and was one of the founding members of Talisman on Tunare.

I watched him play and even started a Human Druid on his account - I couldn't get out of the Zone line @at Surefall glades. Kept getting turned around as u zone, and it was pitch black....so deleted the game from my pc and continued playing UO.
Only when a few other RL friends were playing EQ did i finally make the switch. This time with a Necro, and soon to a Troll SK.

EQ was hard back then - nothing ever given to you, so everything was hard fought. I think that's where the addiction started. There is something about Struggling WITH friends that binds people together.

Why am I still playing it? When are all my friends off doing something else? D4 is a boring button mash grind. BG3 was absolutely great but all too linear and will be boring to repeat.

No other game has ever given emotion like absolute panic like EQ. I was clearing Fear the other week when one of my mages agroed Dracoliche and the raid was nowhere near ready for it. !!!!!!!!!! Did I panic - Yes I did.

No other game has ever given the fist pumping kudos like EQ too. Raiding with Friends and beating a difficult raid boss for the first time - never got that from any other game ever.
If it wasn't for RG though I wouldnt be playing the same way. I may still be raiding and probably boxing a cleric but i wouldn't be having the same fun as I do now.
If you have ever struggled with a raid boss with a raid of real people - and then by some absolute miracle you can box that same raid -Its hard to explain but it is absolute fist pumping. My Dog (RIP) must have thought i was mental!
Hats off to RG and all the DEVS! Fantastic Job.

How do you know your addicted? Because I'm 50 something and I still set an alarm for 3:00 to check a spawn or Because I am absolutely hanging out for the next expansion!

I hope I dont see it - but what are we gunna do when we login one day to the message "EQ is no more!"

I'm 53 in a couple of weeks so my perspective is probably a little different. I grew up playing pen and paper Dungeons And Dragons games. Everquest was the first and still the best I believe game to bring a world like that to an MMO. I had played Ultima Online but it was different. The only thing I really liked about UO is if someone made a smartass comment you could kill them and loot them clean. Anywhere at anytime. So I became a skilled dueler before EQ. But it was the comraderies from my first guild. The feeling I still get when I get a piece of loot for a toon either for me or for another person. That is what set the hook and kept me in love with EQ long after my friends left.

Last edited:
i actually dont like video games ... the first time i saw eq i didnt even know hot to turn a computer on. i was always a lifelong fan of tolkien and conan etc. i was living in a hosue w 4 other roomates and one of them was a "nerd" as i used to call him. one day i brought some beers up to his room and he was running around as a a dwarf cleric in beta 2 release. after about 20 minutes i was sold ... the next month he was helping me setup my own computer in my room.

to this day i dont like video games ... eq is above that for me... its like TV ... its just something i do ... i have tried playing other games with my kids etc and i get bored after an hour or so...

long live eq and as always thanks to RG for making it even better

I wasn't much of a gamer prior to playing Everquest. I played a few games. Diablo 1, Resident Evil, I beat both of those and my cousin turned me on to EQ.
I started as an Erudite Wizard playing in Toxx. I was blind as a bat in that forest. I was killed over and over again. Everyone told me to go to Freeport, but Kith stood in my way.

I remember seeing what I thought was another Erudite across the river and swam over to say hello when wack wack wack! I was dead. That's when I found out about Heretics. Back then we had to recover our bodies and loot ourselves. Heck, Spider silk didn't even stack then. Every time I would swim to try and loot my body, wack wack wack went the Heretic. I probably had 9 corpses in and by that river before my cousin told me about /corpse.

Long story short nothing compared to the magic of wack wack wack. That was in 2000. I've just never left. :hfive:

My wife and I were introduced in 2000 by a couple of friends, I was amazed by the graphics and the game play. I never played a game quite like EQ before, I fell in love with the game it was very satisfying to hear the "DING" every time I leveled. My wife stopped playing a long time ago, and I have left EQ to play WoW with friends for a very short time and also when I went back to get my MBA, but I have always came back to EQ. One of the friends that introduced me to EQ still plays and we group together still to this day, killing mobs and taking down raid bosses with the guild we are in.

Habit.

When EQ came out several RL friends played it. EQ Lan parties, etc.

Now, its mostly for the social interaction and satisfaction of problem solving raid encounters, and writing code to automate various parts of the process.
right on i wouldn't mind learning to code part i also play for these reasons

I like a lot of the other old guys here started gaming on 5 1/4" floppies. c: //b: <enter> , b: dir/w <enter>, b: needforspeed.exe <enter> .... yay mono color cream spinach graphics.. lol And I just never looked back.

EQ was the first really 3D game and it totally blew me away. I still remember that shiver down my spine the first time a skeleton cackled at me before promptly beating me to death outside of Felwithe. I have literally tried a thousand titles in search of that again and just never found it. I still play other games - but I fell in love with Norrath that first night and have been here in some way - live, P99, EQ2, emu for 24 years since. Compared to some I am still a newb even now, I haven't mastered every single trick. But I have watched some come and go - bard kiting, the shaker shockers, donal's chestplate heal chains <pre-nerf>. The love is just still there.
that is awesome thank you for sharing.

Because i'm almost beat it... so close
untill the next expansion comes out :D

Why? Because cocaine is too expensive.

No, really. Because we like hurting ourselves with addiction......no wait..

View attachment 50482
hahaha thats funny

I'm 63 in a couple of weeks so my perspective is probably a little different. I grew up playing pen and paper Dungeons And Dragons games. Everquest was the first and still the best I believe game to bring a world like that to an MMO. I had played Ultima Online but it was different. The only thing I really liked about UO is if someone made a smartass comment you could kill them and loot them clean. Anywhere at anytime. So I became a skilled dueler before EQ. But it was the comraderies from my first guild. The feeling I still get when I get a piece of loot for a toon either for me or for another person. That is what set the hook and kept me in love with EQ long after my friends left.
I'll actually be 53 in a couple weeks. I started on Karana. While I'd never want to play anywhere with rules other than FV. I sure miss Karana. I started right as Kunark was released my first toon was an Iksar SK I maxed him out and got his 1.0. But SKs got nerfed and an Iksar SK had huge XP modifier penalties. So I sold that account. I got quite a lot for it. And I created the Troll Daddy the Shaman I still call my main to this day. Man he was a beast taking down Veliuus raid mobs solo. Soloing dragons. That was a feat. Like 4 people in Karana managed to do it once in the Veliuus era. I spent my free time there. Taking loot for my friends. Peerless Dragon was no joke at one time. God I love EverQuest

I used to play EQ back in the late 90s and had a ball. Played it for years until Gates of Discord came out and that made me want to quit. As someone who always soloed or was a casual player, I did not have time to participate in multi-guild raids for the Plane of Time gear. At the same time WoW came out and I and many others absolutely loved it because it was immersion reminiscent of the first time we played EQ. Over the years WoW became boring and the same old: quest, grind, repeat, rinse. I wanted something to waste time and feel accomplishment. So I started playing EQ again.

I like that there is a level of intell required to play. It takes in more realistic components. All so there is always something about your first that makes you want to stay or come back to 8).

I personally am not old enough to have known Everquest in its golden days in the beginnings. I've only discovered its existence around 2014-2015, but have been hooked ever since. Why? It's rather simple; Everquest still retains this old classic D&D feeling with its own world and lore, whether it is on Live servers or emulated servers on EQ Emulator. Despite the old graphics and clunky mechanics, I often find those really old games to retain a charm that (almost) nothing else possesses nowadays. Those games bring you back to a simpler time where you'd sit down and suddenly have 5 hours fly by in the blink of an eye, for being immersed so much it into it.

We play Everquest because of the sense of accomplishment we feel when we get loot or when we help someone get that piece of loot they desire. I think it's really that simple for me. I love helping people and I still get tingly over cool loot for myself. The difference 24 years in is I don't think that one item is the last one on Earth. I'm not camping days to get it. I'll camp general chat on FV instead.

I have 3 blood brothers and 1 EQ brother that play with me. It's been the only way to have a relationship with them all over the years and wherever we are at in the world. The 1 EQ brother we started playing with 25 years ago and have played a number of other of games with as well. We all keep coming back to EQ and MQ2 has helped so much! My other brothers just love playing 1 character and that's it, but EQ is a group game and we are all older, have kids and jobs now. To keep EQ alive and running MQ2 let's us play as a group and do what we need to whenever we need to and do and the boring stuff is automated. I often say that MQ2 allows me to change a diaper and not die.

We all come back to EQ because there is no other game that is quite as fulfilling and there is SOOOO much content we have yet to do. The new expansions and TLPs keep things spicy too.

Honestly for me, its just Everquest.

I have played many of games and taken alot of breaks over the years from EQ to play said games. But nothing never really felt right while playing other games.

Love is Love i guess!

Redguides. If not for the RG version of MQ and the community here, I would have moved on. I have been playing since EQ released but playing without the tools here is a no go for me. It isn't just that the tools make the game easy to enjoy...the fun is in learning the tools and mastering using them to accomplish things that seem impossible otherwise! This is literally the only site, whether related to EQ or not, that I look at every single day, multiple times a day.

For starters my parents got me into it and it was a great way to keep in contact with them. The other reason is I play alot of fast paced high octane games and sometimes you just wanna play a game thats not quite as intensive so I jump back and forth alot. Games i play: dota 2, call of duty mw2, baldurs gate 3. Ect ect and then everquest is fun to just jump in and hang out and kill some mobs.

Most of my characters are old enough to drink and some have discounted car insurance. Will keep playing until the wheels fall off. It's like a bad poker hand, already invested so much into the pot I can't fold now.

It keeps my mind occupied. You have to use your mind in this game, your not going to be getting any participation certificates just handed to you. But sometimes I over research and spend 75% of my time doing that and not playing. And its not all just repetitive shooting a gun. Or turning cartwheels.

But like was mentioned above, there is a really good feeling of satisfaction in the game. Doesn't matter if your just smashing the heck out of little level 4 Fippy or kicking gnomes, or mindlessly raising tradeskills for that awesome aug.

Also I can do what I want, when I want. There is no commitment like in RL. I would never divorce EQ. :hfive:

It's the nostalgic feel of the game. It's been a part of my life for so many years. Brings back so many memories each time I stroll through one of the old zones. All the friends made along the way...All the battles won...All the quests and lore experienced...It's like when you drive by an old home you grew up in. The feelings and memories you shared there.

I've been playing EQ since launch. (I may be a little old...shhhh) It's a nostalgic addiction for me. I've tried to let it go, quite a few times, over the years. I have never truly been successful. I always come back to the world that gives me comfort and joy over everything else. It's like a drug that takes you away from the stresses of reality.

In the beginning, there was nothing like the anticipation of getting home to hit that dial up after work. We had 2 phone lines installed so both hubby and I could play together and thanks to a local internet company, called Yellowsub, connection was made possible. Ahhh, dial up. It was the haunting sound of an electrical dance that literally tied you into a network of other computers, behind which, were other people, from places other than your own backyard, who you could collaborate with and make lifelong bonds! Who could forget the ....bee bop boooop bzzzzz...beeeeeeep...blurrrrrrrr...blehhhhhh....zeeeeee, for about 5 minutes, before you could launch the game (and longer still if there were connection issues or storms). But then.....BOOM....it hits you. That beautiful wave of introductory instrumental music that sounds like an adventure you've yet to go on with people you've never actually met! The character screen that taunts you to choose your inner game ego, which will hide you from the real world, but make you interesting in this one. It was amazing! I was in a completely different world where I could explore and have adult, typed out conversations, with people my own age, behind the visage of pixels, all while ignoring my children for hours! WHAT?!!! HOLY CRAP!! It's a freaking miracle!!! Hey kids...we're having pizza again! Mommy and daddy are on a mission to only get 2 hours of sleep before we have to go back to work tomorrow! Back in those days, our group of friends would meet up at lunch and discuss things like where we were going to meet up in the game, what time to be there, what camp we'd like to try, or how many people we needed to induct into the guild so we could raid, etc. Hubby and I worked together in a small custom computer building/repair store so we met many likeminded people who played the game.

Then, enter cable internet. WOW!!! Game changer! I can now be logged in as long as I want, provided the game didn't boot me for being afk too long. No longer did we have to wait for the whirring and buzzing of dial up. No longer did I have to tell my own mother she couldn't call between certain hours because I was too busy playing a video game that took over the phone line. Oh wait...yes...that was still kind of a thing since I couldn't be caught dead going afk for a phone call. Seriously...if I did that, I'd come back and be dead. Besides, I was the cleric, I had to pay attention or I'd get real time lash back from the hubby and hear about it the next day at lunch about how they can't do anything if I'm too busy to heal, etc, etc, etc. I wasn't real great at holding the phone, talking to more than one person, typing, and moving my character all at the same time. But...eventually we had things like team speak and discord, where I didn't have to type all of the time. That didn't help my mom's phone call situation much though. It's hard to answer the phone with a headset on and she never picked up on how to use those platforms. You have to understand, my mom and I were like besties and I lived 1800 miles away from her so we would talk for hours every time she called. She called at least every other night. Sometimes we wouldn't even say much. I'd play on my computer at my house, and she would play solitaire on hers at her house, and we'd just spend time together over the phone. That all ended in 2003, when she passed. Honestly, there was never a time in my life prior where I needed my guild, online friends, and offline friends more. If it wasn't for the game community, and the support of my hubby, I probably wouldn't be here today. I know that sounds cliche, but it is none the less true. I lost myself for quite a while after that. Hence, EQ is not just a get away, but it's also support and therapy at times. And, once the kids are old enough to play, it becomes a great babysitter as well! LOL

My oldest, who is now in his 30's, started playing about the time PoP came out. We showed him the basics, and he was off....hunting and exploring, just like we did. Of course, he didn't have his own computer at the time, so he wasn't happy when we kicked him off so we could play, but eventually he had his own system and got even farther than we did. He's got more online friends than anyone I know and is always helping others with things in this game and others as well. He's great for PL'ing all of my baby toons too! HAHA!! So, I guess that makes EQ a bit of an heirloom as well. Soon, we'll be teaching our grand kids how to play! The game keeps our family connected, now that our kids are out on their own. It gives us a way to be together when we can't actually be together. My oldest is still here in town, but my middle son is in Colorado with his family, and my youngest son is in California so it's nice to be able to have a little EQ family reunion once in a while. I've always told my kids....I don't care if I end up in a nursing home when I'm old; just make sure I have a laptop with a good internet connection and I'll be just fine. Also...I want my own room. :)

Our family will likely play EQ until they no longer support it. It's a lifetime of connections that no other game can compare to. Generations will tell stories about our characters and our adventures for years to come. EverQuest is legend.

Last edited:
I started playing in 1999 with a friend as it was like something I'd never seen before. We used to talk about it at work and then play at night. It was all we thought about for that first six months. However, my friend loved his alts and I wanted to go and raid so we still chatted online but went our separate ways with our characters.

2004, my friend had stopped playing and given me his account, I absconded to WoW for a few years.

I've since returned a few times, and still loved to wander around and see all the changes that has taken place (apart from the new Freeport!).

Sadly, my friend Mike, passed a couple of years ago and I still jump on and play his necromancer as a way to be a bit closer to him.

I've recently come back to do Hunter, got the bug to level and hit 120 on a few accounts. Unfortunately, as a UK person with a family that plays on a US server my raids and group times is basically nil and I feel like I've hit a brick wall both with content and XP. I've decided to pick up Red Guides to see if I can blow through that wall and find a whole new incentive to keep playing.

I've been playing EQ since launch. (I may be a little old...shhhh) It's a nostalgic addiction for me. I've tried to let it go, quite a few times, over the years. I have never truly been successful. I always come back to the world that gives me comfort and joy over everything else. It's like a drug that takes you away from the stresses of reality.

In the beginning, there was nothing like the anticipation of getting home to hit that dial up after work. We had 2 phone lines installed so both hubby and I could play together and thanks to a local internet company, called Yellowsub, connection was made possible. Ahhh, dial up. It was the haunting sound of an electrical dance that literally tied you into a network of other computers, behind which, were other people, from places other than your own backyard, who you could collaborate with and make lifelong bonds! Who could forget the ....bee bop boooop bzzzzz...beeeeeeep...blurrrrrrrr...blehhhhhh....zeeeeee, for about 5 minutes, before you could launch the game (and longer still if there were connection issues or storms). But then.....BOOM....it hits you. That beautiful wave of introductory instrumental music that sounds like an adventure you've yet to go on with people you've never actually met! The character screen that taunts you to choose your inner game ego, which will hide you from the real world, but make you interesting in this one. It was amazing! I was in a completely different world where I could explore and have adult, typed out conversations, with people my own age, behind the visage of pixels, all while ignoring my children for hours! WHAT?!!! HOLY CRAP!! It's a freaking miracle!!! Hey kids...we're having pizza again! Mommy and daddy are on a mission to only get 2 hours of sleep before we have to go back to work tomorrow! Back in those days, our group of friends would meet up at lunch and discuss things like where we were going to meet up in the game, what time to be there, what camp we'd like to try, or how many people we needed to induct into the guild so we could raid, etc. Hubby and I worked together in a small custom computer building/repair store so we met many likeminded people who played the game.

Then, enter cable internet. WOW!!! Game changer! I can now be logged in as long as I want, provided the game didn't boot me for being afk too long. No longer did we have to wait for the whirring and buzzing of dial up. No longer did I have to tell my own mother she couldn't call between certain hours because I was too busy playing a video game that took over the phone line. Oh wait...yes...that was still kind of a thing since I couldn't be caught dead going afk for a phone call. Seriously...if I did that, I'd come back and be dead. Besides, I was the cleric, I had to pay attention or I'd get real time lash back from the hubby and hear about it the next day at lunch about how they can't do anything if I'm too busy to heal, etc, etc, etc. I wasn't real great at holding the phone, talking to more than one person, typing, and moving my character all at the same time. But...eventually we had things like team speak and discord, where I didn't have to type all of the time. That didn't help my mom's phone call situation much though. It's hard to answer the phone with a headset on and she never picked up on how to use those platforms. You have to understand, my mom and I were like besties and I lived 1800 miles away from her so we would talk for hours every time she called. She called at least every other night. Sometimes we wouldn't even say much. I'd play on my computer at my house, and she would play solitaire on hers at her house, and we'd just spend time together over the phone. That all ended in 2003, when she passed. Honestly, there was never a time in my life prior where I needed my guild, online friends, and offline friends more. If it wasn't for the game community, and the support of my hubby, I probably wouldn't be here today. I know that sounds cliche, but it is none the less true. I lost myself for quite a while after that. Hence, EQ is not just a get away, but it's also support and therapy at times. And, once the kids are old enough to play, it becomes a great babysitter as well! LOL

My oldest, who is now in his 30's, started playing about the time PoP came out. We showed him the basics, and he was off....hunting and exploring, just like we did. Of course, he didn't have his own computer at the time, so he wasn't happy when we kicked him off so we could play, but eventually he had his own system and got even farther than we did. He's got more online friends than anyone I know and is always helping others with things in this game and others as well. He's great for PL'ing all of my baby toons too! HAHA!! So, I guess that makes EQ a bit of an heirloom as well. Soon, we'll be teaching our grand kids how to play! The game keeps our family connected, now that our kids are out on their own. It gives us a way to be together when we can't actually be together. My oldest is still here in town, but my middle son is in Colorado with his family, and my youngest son is in California so it's nice to be able to have a little EQ family reunion once in a while. I've always told my kids....I don't care if I end up in a nursing home when I'm old; just make sure I have a laptop with a good internet connection and I'll be just fine. Also...I want my own room. :)

Our family will likely play EQ until they no longer support it. It's a lifetime of connections that no other game can compare to. Generations will tell stories about our characters and our adventures for years to come. EverQuest is legend.
awesome thank you for that story i ran out of likes to give

I started back in 99 a week after release. My best friend introduced me and I'm not sure if to thank him or curse him. We spent almost every single free night in EQ at the time up until Gates of Discord was released. At the time I was playing an enchanter and loved the class until they swung the nerf bat hard on chanters. I took a break for a number of years after that. I at the time only really got up to I think high 40s or 50s but never made it to plains of power or doing any real raid zones. I did spend countless hours in Ldon and loved the concept of taking a group into a dungeon and actually feeling like I achieved something. I came back a few times and tried to solo starting over going through the heroes journey and would make it to about the mesa and because there was never anyone to group with and I didn't have time to really solo and focus on it to do it well I had quit (can't count how many times this has happened). I missed the group work and feeling like a team accomplishing something, as well as the camaraderie of it. I over the last 2 or so years picked up and started to use Kissassist and with help on here have felt like I have been able to write a few ini to get halfway decent at it doing what I want my group to do. That has allowed me to go ahead and explore zones and get further than I have ever gotten before and pick up where I left off 15 years ago. So now I enjoy mixing the nostalgia of coming back home to EQ, with the mental stimulation of writing ini's and learning classes I had never really had a chance to enjoy. So mix all of that with the almost programing mindset and you have something that keeps pulling me back to enjoy again and again.

Mostly nostalgia, its like shoving that needle in your arm. Havent played consistently for years but always find myself playing either a TLP or EMU server with a few friends atleast once or twice a year.

It's good for business. I am opening a retirement home specifically for the EQ player community. The gym and healthcare are not the best, but the food and gaming experience are top notch. Our IT staff keep everything up to date, and secure, and ensure everyone gets to raid on time. BYO-Guild or join one of ours.

It keeps my mind occupied. You have to use your mind in this game, your not going to be getting any participation certificates just handed to you. But sometimes I over research and spend 75% of my time doing that and not playing. And its not all just repetitive shooting a gun. Or turning cartwheels.

But like was mentioned above, there is a really good feeling of satisfaction in the game. Doesn't matter if your just smashing the heck out of little level 4 Fippy or kicking gnomes, or mindlessly raising tradeskills for that awesome aug.

Also I can do what I want, when I want. There is no commitment like in RL. I would never divorce EQ. :hfive:
Speaking of... I'm on wife #3, lol. To think of it, also 3rd internet supplier Hehehe. Now, that I've found RG my Everquest future looks to take a evolutionarily leap. Just gotta find a way to support 'n feed my habit!! Forever till my or it's wheels go flat. Pretty confident it'll be mine, 68 & stroke survivor (mostly). But I really want to see EQ III or whatever its named WITH RedGuides. Ok, yes, I'm an confessed lifetime Ever-crack addict ;) D)

IRL - Why do you play Everquest over all other games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back