• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Why Do You Love Bards? (1 Viewer)

After reading some of the Pro Bard posts I started buying gear for the Bard I rolled tonight. 6:Hours for the Epic wow. Even I can do that. Although I don't think I should power level this toon. Bards are toons that really need to be understood it seems. So I better spend time playing this guy and learning if I want to be any good at understanding him.

After reading some of the Pro Bard posts I started buying gear for the Bard I rolled tonight. 6:Hours for the Epic wow. Even I can do that. Although I don't think I should power level this toon. Bards are toons that really need to be understood it seems. So I better spend time playing this guy and learning if I want to be any good at understanding him.
I have never attempted the Bard epic. I may do that with my Bard I started recently.....

I have never attempted the Bard epic. I may do that with my Bard I started recently.....

It's interesting the two main folks who were unsure about bards had not done epic. So fierce eye and epic can be cycled to be 100% of time. Fierce eye is 34% crits to group and epic is 12%. Now imagine cycleing that non stop + shmaan epic + synergy from bard. The dps is massive.

I want to like an enchanter ( I have 3 120 ench). The reality is they are just broken compared to bards

GO GO GOOD TEAM?
fansy5.jpg

Sk Shm, brd, bst, rogue, rogue - melts faster. Would be my reason as to why. Probably about 2x as fast if not more.
That's a group that benefits way more from a Shaman than from an Enchanter.

I'll admit that I was a terrible Bard when I started because almost everyone starts out as bad when they play a Bard.

I've done the bard epic several times so I know my way around. The first part of the epic makes you run between WL and DN . I used a wizard to do ports which cuts down the time a LOT.

You aren't really going to get to the good stuff till 60+. More like 80-90+

I think its fairly easy to pick up a basics of a bard by jumping right to 85 or 100.

It's interesting the two main folks who were unsure about bards had not done epic. So fierce eye and epic can be cycled to be 100% of time. Fierce eye is 34% crits to group and epic is 12%. Now imagine cycleing that non stop + shmaan epic + synergy from bard. The dps is massive.

I want to like an enchanter ( I have 3 120 ench). The reality is they are just broken compared to bards
Bards still sing.....Whole group started wearing earplugs. Now the healer doesn't hear the tank scream as he's being beat down. Massive wipes....:banjo:

That's a group that benefits way more from a Shaman than from an Enchanter.

I'll admit that I was a terrible Bard when I started because almost everyone starts out as bad when they play a Bard.

It is. However the group of pal, clr, 3 mag, ench does horrible dps compared to when I swap in bard. Ench need a boost BADLY.

Pl the bard up, there are massive changes to play style that happen when synergy and tov were released that don’t take effect until then anyways

My bard is as smooth as Michael Jackson but sings like David Lee Roth. Once I made a bard and got it to level I can't be without her. Faster pulls with my main sk with selos and the dps boost for the rogues and or whatever toons I have in the group. I rarely pull more than 3 which is no probs to handle but bard mez works just fine for that or if I get a wayward nasty pull. I rarely do missions so might miss the chanty more if I ran those a lot. Perfect toon for my type of play. I do have a pocket chanty for missions but most times I keep bard in too lol.

wife was a bard at launch...so...

singing GIF by Becky G

<Me as a druid> Hey there baby wanna play with my log...
<Wife as a bard> Ew...put that twig away...
<Me as a druid> Wut me luvs you! Let's make babies...
<Wife as a bard> Takes out her drum and runs away at selo's speed...
<Me as a druid> Waiiiiiiiiiit!....

Never played a bard, have no intentions of ever learning to play a bard. Why do I have a bard in my group?
1. Invis and IVU at level 110 that I broadcast between pulls and when I need to figure out what I did wrong so I can make things work the way they are supposed to (usually not marking the MT and MA)
2. Crowd control.
3. Over haste.
4. And I had some help from here to help me butcher SIC's Kissassist level 120 bard down to 110 so it would work for me. And yes, I realized afterwards there was a level 115 CoV and level 110 TBL I could have used instead. Sometimes I'm just not real quick on the uptake!!

I was never really sold on the whole bard is awesome bit but I have one in the group anyway because everyone says I need it! And hey run fast plus invis/ivu did not suck. I will admit I am not great at running him but he ran I think he does ok with kissassist. Annoyed at his less than steller DPS I decided to replace him for a The Spirit fades group with a rogue. Well you cannot explain the result without using the word cluster. The rogue was obstensively a butt ton more DPS than the bard but we wiped. And I don't mean barely missed it, I mean missed it by a mile. I could not figure out a logical reason for it but decided to put the bard back in. This is where I was sold. Even though he was not doing that much DPS, what he adds to the DPS of the group is not to be underestimated. Adding the rogue back resulted in a solid win. That right there was the turning point for me. Now, I cannot even think of building a group without a bard in it.

Discussion - Why Do You Love Bards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back