• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Which to use - KissAssist, MuleAssist, XGen, other? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
40¢
Hi folks,

a couple of years back, I had a KA setup on live but got spooked when they started handing out bans. So I moved to Lazerus and had a lot of fun there for a bit. Then I got back into live and used ISBoxer and macros to get team of 120s going. I could never manage many of the group missions tho and got bored.
So now I want to go back and use MQ with some form of character automation. Which is the preferred/recommended one to use these days please? The video for MuleAssist looks really cool, like KA with a nice UI. There's also XGen, which I know nothing about. And I seem to recall there was some other plugin which was class specific and was increasing the supported classes all the time.
So which should I use please? Not looking for anything super-complex, ideally looking to leverage setups that others have created.

Thanks!

Hi folks,

a couple of years back, I had a KA setup on live but got spooked when they started handing out bans. So I moved to Lazerus and had a lot of fun there for a bit. Then I got back into live and used ISBoxer and macros to get team of 120s going. I could never manage many of the group missions tho and got bored.
So now I want to go back and use MQ with some form of character automation. Which is the preferred/recommended one to use these days please? The video for MuleAssist looks really cool, like KA with a nice UI. There's also XGen, which I know nothing about. And I seem to recall there was some other plugin which was class specific and was increasing the supported classes all the time.
So which should I use please? Not looking for anything super-complex, ideally looking to leverage setups that others have created.

Thanks!

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome back to RG!

Always start here RG Video

For automation options, check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, Muleassist , and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.).

Not sure if you need this since you spent time on Laz, but I always suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information with each type of automation. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme , and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

Discussion - Which to use - KissAssist, MuleAssist, XGen, other?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back