• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Which Plugins Are Unnecessary and Might Cause Lag? (1 Viewer)

wymranar

I <3 SKs *kissy face*
RedCents
878¢
I previously had my lag take care of, but recently had to reinstall windows and run into a few problemos. I think of gotten most of the lag taken care of, so I just want to be sure that none of my plugins are unnecessarily causing me grief.

[Plugins]
mq2ic=1
mq2autologin=1
mq2autoaccept=1
mq2bzsrch=0
mq2cast=1
mq2chatwnd=1
mq2cpuload=1
mq2custombinds=1
mq2debuffs=1
mq2easyfind=1
mq2eqbugfix=1
mq2eqbc=1
mq2exchange=1
mq2hud=1
mq2itemdisplay=1
mq2labels=1
mq2map=1
mq2melee=1
mq2moveutils=1
mq2nav=1
mq2rez=1
mq2portalsetter=1
mq2targetinfo=1
mq2advpath=1
MQ2Posse=1
mq2kisstemplate=1
mq2gmail=0
mq2autoloot=1
MQ2XAssist=1
MQ2DamageParser=1
mq2discord=1
mq2relaytells=1
mq2aaspend=0
mq2yes=1
mq2log=1
mq2feedme=1
mq2dpsadv=1
mq2pluginmanager=0
MQ2Chat=0
mq2hudmove=0
mq2killtracker=0
mq2xptracker=1

Any of these plugins look out of place? Thanks!

Solution
doubt they're causing lag, but in general i would unload these if you don't use them:

mq2cpuload
mq2custombinds
mq2debuffs
mq2exchange
mq2kisstemplate
mq2damageparser
mq2hudmove

mq2hud can definitely cause some performance issues depending on how frequently you have it set to update
You can adjust how frequently it updates by the SkipParse=# setting - I also recommend having UpdateInBackground=off

I've noticed that sometimes if grinding in the same zone for a while, mq2dpsadv with the recent updates, starts causing some performance hits - so if you're not using that, turn it off (i normally just load it on my driving toon anyhow)
doubt they're causing lag, but in general i would unload these if you don't use them:

mq2cpuload
mq2custombinds
mq2debuffs
mq2exchange
mq2kisstemplate
mq2damageparser
mq2hudmove

mq2hud can definitely cause some performance issues depending on how frequently you have it set to update
You can adjust how frequently it updates by the SkipParse=# setting - I also recommend having UpdateInBackground=off

I've noticed that sometimes if grinding in the same zone for a while, mq2dpsadv with the recent updates, starts causing some performance hits - so if you're not using that, turn it off (i normally just load it on my driving toon anyhow)

Solution
wow, thanks @Sic !
found @kaen01's list (this was in response to a user sharing their loaded list, so some of the recommendations aren't directly in response to yours, but might be helpful convo)

[Plugins]
mq2ic=1
mq2autoaccept=1
mq2autologin=1
mq2chatwnd=1
mq2eqbugfix=1
mq2hud=1
mq2itemdisplay=1
mq2map=1
mq2advpath=1
mq2easyfind=1
mq2moveutils=1
mq2nav=1

;paid plugins
mq2eqwire=1
mq2slotcolors=1

;CWTN Stuff
mq2CWTNBuffs=1
;load on the toon that needs these
mq2berzerker=1
mq2cleric=1
mq2bst=1

;Sic plugins
mq2status=1
mq2relocate=1

;comms, do you use all 3?
mq2eqbc=1
mq2dannet=1
mq2discord=1

;Unload these if you dont use, or know them
mq2aaspend=1
mq2autoforage=1
mq2autogroup=1
mq2autoloot=1
mq2dpsadv=1
mq2events=1
mq2feedme=1
mq2killtracker=1
*mq2linkdb=1
mq2portalsetter=1
mq2relaytells=1
mq2rez=1
mq2spawnmaster=1
mq2targetinfo=1
mq2yes=1
mq2react=1

;Currently bugged
mq2xassist=1 (((--- Not bugged anymore? or still bugged? unsure ---)))

;unload these, and let plugins load them if needed
mq2bzsrch=1
mq2cast=1
mq2custombinds=1
mq2netbots=1
mq2worsthurt=1
mq2exchange=1
mq2gmail=1
mq2melee=1
mq2posse=1
mq2collections=1

@Sic or anyone else... How often do yall have your HUD updating? is #number the number of seconds?
depends on what I'm doing, sometimes i have skiparse for 60, sometimes i use 600 depending on the information and how time sensitive it is that i get it

i do definitely turn off updateinbackground tho

@Sic once again, you saved the day.

FYI guys, and anyone reading this down the road. It seems like my lag issues were primarily caused by some kind of build up with mq2dpsadv. Loading/unloading the plugin fixed everything. Not sure what’s going on there.

FYI guys, and anyone reading this down the road. It seems like my lag issues were primarily caused by some kind of build up with mq2dpsadv. Loading/unloading the plugin fixed everything. Not sure what’s going on there.
I had severe crashing issues when pets of any kind were involved on DPSADV, straight CTD with no errors, no dump files, no pop-up windows or anything. Unloading the plugin resolved my crashing, and now I just use Kizant's EQ Log Parser (which I wish could monitor multiple logfiles at once).

Do any plugins have known memory leaks?
I leave my guys sitting AFK in a safe area over night, so that I do not have to setup my windows the way I like them in the morning.
And I have noticed that after a few weeks it starts to get laggy, and the memory usage creeps up.

Been running a monk and pocketfarm and that got real laggy after a day.... noticed that everytime he would initiate combat it would freeze half a second.... reading about Dpsadv now got me thinking it could have been that. Gonna try again some day without dpsadv

I’ve recently run into a problem with my BL (running sics KA12 ini) is having lag problems. It’s just my BL having problems out of my whole group, and he doesn’t have any special plugins loaded/unloaded.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Where just 1 member of your group is lagging?

@drwhomphd The lag I always encounter involves lots of .5-1.5 second pauses. The screen will just freeze briefly. These pauses can begin to happen very often though.

With mt tank, it seems like mq2dpsadv was causing it. Can't seem to figure out what's going on with the BL though.

*** This is primarily occurring in combat also

@drwhomphd The lag I always encounter involves lots of .5-1.5 second pauses. The screen will just freeze briefly. These pauses can begin to happen very often though.

With mt tank, it seems like mq2dpsadv was causing it. Can't seem to figure out what's going on with the BL though.

*** This is primarily occurring in combat also
My guess is some kind of log? Check so you dont have log on in any macro you are using.

No problem. My thought process is thinking about plugins that may be doing a lot of work in the background for each pulse. With the way mq2 works, it checks stuff every frame, if you have plugins that are trying to do a lot of work during that frame, you can have delay like that.

The jist of the reason for the lag that the MR was in for was due to the size of the list of fights. Every time the list got a new entry added it was nessesary to redraw the combo box so that if you click the combo box you could scroll down and look a fight history. When the list go so big that it took longer than the single pulse it would cause a stutter where everything would momentarily lock up. That's because the plugin was still processing code and hadn't yet released the thread back to Everquest. Once it finished processing it would then let EQ do it's normal stuff, which made the freeze stop. Which is the stutter you would get after running for a long duration. The limitation that Knightly is adding is going to resolve that issue.

As far as what plugins would cause lag. I personally don't know many that cause lag by default. Some plugins can cause latency based on the stuff the user puts in. Such as MQ2Hud will lag you if you try to process enough information. I had actually tried to access information a long time ago in an INI repeatedly using ${Ini[filename,section,key,default]} and found that doing that is almost an immediately lag fest. I suppose if you added enough things to something like MQ2Discord that it's possible it would cause lag because it had to check for every one of the things you were trying to create events for. MQ2Nav can cause lag if it's used a lot to try and find a path to a spawn that doesn't have a valid path to it. I believe MQ2KissTemplate has a momentary lag spike when it copies the information from an INI to a new file, but doesn't persist beyond that and only happens when the command is issued. MQ2FPS could cause what appears to be lag by adjusting the settings to values too low since it essentially just sleeps the thread to reduce how often things are processed including graphics (Highly recommend using MQ2EQWire to REDUCE latency for background processes when boxing). Anything with a /beep can cause a momentary pause when the command is issued, which can be troublesome if there are lots of beeps in quick succession (this includes macros and plugins).

Finally, if your computer happens to get to 100% CPU usage, while nothing in particular would be causing the latency specifically the processor could run out of options when trying to process information and it would likely cause lag across the board for the entire computer. Which could be any combination of things, including things not running in EQ.

Question - Which Plugins Are Unnecessary and Might Cause Lag?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back