• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Which loot automation and when do you see a benefit in the leveling process? (1 Viewer)

EQ74

RedCents
594¢
PHAT NOOB LOOTS

Reading the various threads and resources about loot automation. Wondering when I should implement one of these resources into my gaming. Presently my team is level 35 and it has been a bit tedious managing the master looter and then the 5 other accounts while fighting. I'm sure my gaming experience can be improved with one of the loot management tools. Which one at my level and progress I don't know. Any recommendations and or template loot ini files I should use?

I'm on live and running kissassist for the team at the moment.

Thank you for your time and considerations!

EQ74

I'm partial to my own creation. MQ2LootManager
Can use the in game advloot window to select an option and aquire anything on the main looter. Then manually distribute to others as needed.
Can start using it at any level without it being very tedious.
Won't automatically assign items to keep/destroy etc so you can choose the option that best suits your needs.
Adjustment of choices is built into the eq UI and is easily searchable to change your choice.

I can't speak to the other options. So best someone else speaks up on that.

With Kiss I use /autoloot system. I like it because I feel like it's simple and easy to use.
I tried lootly and was floundering because autoloot and lootly both started kicking on and annoying me.
I would make a couple in game macro's with /autoloot set Keep, Quest #, Sell and so on super handy.
*Sorry, Sick and my brain is broken. Needed to edit my disfunctional brain post*

I had never used any of the looting tools until i "fell asleep at the keyboard" and let a chase pet-ear rot one night.

Now i use Lootly + Lootier. I think the combo of them makes it really simple to use. The selling feature has helped me tremendously with various tradeskills and general inventory management.

Just remember to modify the time on how long before it distributes a new item, always a bit of heartache when it sets to the wrong toon.

I.O.U Weird0, CWTN, Kookies - I hit my red cent limit for the day.

I was looking at both MQ2LootManager and YALM as I continue to read Redbot's New & Returning Player's Guide to EverQuest Live. Is there a big difference or advantage to a plugin or Lua when they perform a similar functionality?

Question - Which loot automation and when do you see a benefit in the leveling process?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back