• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Which group make up should I run? (1 Viewer)

riot

RedCents
508¢
I'm looking at making a new ezmode group for lazy camping so which group make up will take me the furthest? I'm guessing it's #3 for obvious reasons but I'd like some insight from folks who run mage farming groups.

#1: 6 mages
#2: 5 mages + 1 druid
#3: 4 mages + 1 druid + 1 enchanter

I assume this is for tlp? Personally id go with 4 mages, clr wiz. For live? 1 mage 1 cleric 4 wiz. I'm thinking of dropping my melee group for that combo, leveling no way the warrior keeps agro off the wiz, and the dps comparison is so bad ....

Yeah it's for TLP.

I'm more interested in survival and going as far as possible with 1 group than I am about making the biggest boom.

How well does KA handle multiple mobs in camp with multiple mages? I don't want a healer getting aggro and getting smashed up which is why I thought about adding in an enchanter.

honestly I ran 6 characters but i went the normal tank/healer/dps/caster dps..

3 mages 1 wiz 1 clr 1 tank would do really well there... the cleric because you will need rez's trust me, even with ports you are looking at 10~ min downtime if not more per death... the 3 mages and wiz will burn everything and the tank can handle aggro on adds

thats my honest opinion on a decent group setup anyways.

edit

my group was, shaman/monk/enc/mag/mag/wiz and it was ok, I really needed a better tank and healer though for TLP

Last edited:
I've been running with SK, Cleric, Chanter, Wizard, Druid, Monk. And it worked out ok but next time I'll be doing something with more DPS. Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter, Mage, Mage, Wizard I think. I want to compare the dps output.

I talked to guy the other day who said he ran 3 rangers (2 with 2 100 dam augs & 1 with 1 100 dam aug) + 1 chnty, 1 clrc & 1 pally. He said rangers w 100 dam augs out DPS wiz & mage & beast. Unfortunately he said those augs are no trade. Those augs sound sweet.

Question - Which group make up should I run?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back