• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Which chars to sub vs FTP? (1 Viewer)

kenshon

RedCents
230¢
I'm contemplating picking up where I left off with my 110 box group of war/sham with 2.0/brd/ber.

I'm pretty convinced I'll need the war on a sub/all-access. Which of the others will I be really held back if I stay FTP? How would you rank priority of subbing?

My goal is to grind out more AAs and levels to get to 115, then go to ToV group progression.

Tank. If you want to do current content and not two and three year old content. It's all about the AAs. Being gold isn't the end all be all, just a fair warning. The only reason I'm pushing for a krono and gold is the lack of AA on the tank. So make sure you have time to grind out a30k AA in a month when you go gold. Also, the level cap has to be crossed as well and that takes an expansion to do that.

Literally every other class doesn't need to be a paid account. Things just take longer. Even with a F2P tank I can make 110 and be ok. Then again not many people see light blue and green camps as progression for a six box...

I would sub war so you can use a J5 healer and then rotate the others for a paid month whenever you have leveled up a bit to get the auto grant AA.

You could also buy the Rank II spell feature in the marketplace for those not subbed. It will allow them to use the higher spells which might be helpful for the sham/brd

Tank 100%. Gear the snot out of him, there is plenty of great ftp gear now. the new t1 stuff is very nice and can hold everyone else while u max out aas on tank... DPS next for sure. U can always stagger how u sub them, Max out ones aas then sub another. the dps really do need aas tho, it wont be the same even with the best ftp gear. So try to get your best one maxxed when u can. It wont take too long once u have your tank and 1 dps set up with aas for you to be able to farm well enough to work on using what u sell to pay for an account. Can then go back to just paying for tank.
ohh and heals/cc/slow... meh. the spells do those jobs... whether they have 5k aas or 67k aas. its same slow, same mez, weaker healing but that wont ever be an issue If you take your time and build slowly.

Best of Luck

I'm contemplating picking up where I left off with my 110 box group of war/sham with 2.0/brd/ber.

I'm pretty convinced I'll need the war on a sub/all-access. Which of the others will I be really held back if I stay FTP? How would you rank priority of subbing?

My goal is to grind out more AAs and levels to get to 115, then go to ToV group progression.
Sub tank/melee (who are dependent on gear). Krono pop the rest to max aa's and keep them ftp

I will agree with everyone here. My first thought was to sub the healer, but then I thought about it and I now use an unsubbed shm as my healer. It does get rough sometimes because he only has autogrant AAs to 105 atm. I plan on subbing him a month once he hits 120, only one more lvl to go yippie.

Tank for gear/augs. Everyone else for as many as as you can before silver, and a second I'd go zerker again for the augs/best weapon/heroics.

As said, get the rkii spells from marketplace for bard especially. Once you have the AAs, casters and healers are just fine in f2p gear. One month gold gets you 500dbc, I forget price of rkii but I believe a second month will cover that too, but you could stagger that out and get the rkii later on. A third gold would be bard for same reason as zerker but to a lesser degree(less impact on DPS via melee and heroics) All depend on if you have ToL or CoV or not as well, the best gear and aas on f2p are at 115(gear) and aas of course at 120.

If you have to stagger different months, go war, shm for aas to keep yer ass alive, then zerk to kill faster and thus live better, and bard for aas. The really expensive aas on bard are best impact I'm, bit bard can be quite helpful with just adps songs til you get him aas. Ideally you'll get shm maxed aas quickly then leave him silver and the rest gold as long as you can.

Gear/augs(for defense on war and heroics on melees)/weapons dependencies would be how I'd prioritize who is gold for extended periods of time as there's very little difference for castingtypes once you have the AAs, from top f2p gear per level to Max gear possible

The only ones imo that can pull off Silver well are bard/healers/casters. You're losing out so much with melee and tank is just near impossible unless you just wanna do older content.

Either way all should be subb'd until max aa'd for sure.

Question - Which chars to sub vs FTP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back