• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Where to get started... (1 Viewer)

fragmentcc

RedCents
I apologize for my ignorance, I've been browsing around looking for a "How To" type of guide for an individual, myself, that is completely technologically unadvanced, per se.

I tried clicking on a link on one of the signatures from a member and it went to a dead link, so I'm a bit lost. Is there a road map that I am missing a link to? If so, please link or send me a PM. I just want to understand the basics of....all that is MQing.

I would really like to get into the basics of MQing and such, I will likely have to use other individual's compiles and such (if that is the accurate term?). It almost seems like a different language from where I am coming from.

Thanks for the input.

Because I'm bored...

Step 1: Download the latest compile of Macroquest 2 (MQ2)
MQ2 is the cheat program used in EQ, the ONLY cheat program used in EQ. You need the latest compile to do anything. To find the latest version first click here. Then find the topic "Jmo's Official Compile vx.xx" and click on it to open the thread. Then scroll down until you see a download link.

Step 2: Open MQ2
Open your download and put it anywhere on your computer. Then find "Macroquest2.exe" and right click it to make a shortcut on your desktop. Now every time you want to cheat in EQ, simply click the little shortcut on your desktop.

Step 3: Open Everquest
You can either load MQ2 before EQ or after, either way once you click on your new MQ2 shortcut then you should automatically see a new window called "MQ2" in your EQ game.

Step 4: Load your cheats
MQ2 is simply the "base" of the cheat program for EQ. All the actual "cheats" or "plugins" are loaded separately. The new compile you downloaded should have most of them preloaded already, but if not you can load them separately.

Following the link I provided you earlier, open up the thread "Jmo's Official Compile vx.xx" and scroll down. You should see a list of all plugins and their "syntax", or commands.

Now to load those plugins, simply type "/plugin MQ2NameHere" in your regular chat window and that will load the plugin. Then use the syntax to that plugin in your regular chat window, and those should also be new commands.

Example:
/plugin MQ2SuperDuperGhettoSpeed
/speed 9

This will make you run a hell of a lot faster than regular.

Welcome to the forums.

A good topic to start off is in my signature.

:)

Where to get started...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back