• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - when your significant other... (1 Viewer)

Lmao. My wife...
Literally walked in the door Friday night. thought to herself... its Christmas time.
I go downstairs... hear tons of noise upstairs and think to myself " ya no ^&*^*^&^ way im getting caught up in whatever that is"... SO i stay downstairs like a smart guy.

Few hours later I walk upstairs. Theres lights on the porch... Christmas tree is up and semi decorated . shit is wrapped under the tree.. .

I mean seriously... isn't it still American Thanksgiving... I am Canadian so... but jeez... Could we please let the holidays go in succession.

She is a Filipina though and they LOVE their Christmas heh.

To anyone else out there with a partner like that, God Bless you lol. and may you enjoy Christmas as much as they do.

Anyway. /chuckle

ZD

Different Cultures do different things, even in different regens. I went the UK several years ago and the northern area had things out on display 5 months before charismas. I will never put up Christmas stuff up before thanksgiving in the USA, I am Canadian but there is a level of how commercialized holidays I can take.

Oldman66

I just may be getting cranky in my old age but I told my wife all that "happy wife, happy life" stuff is getting real old. And then she just gave me that "look", you know what I mean. And for the first time in our marriage (25 years now) I gave her the "old man don't give a shit" look, and found to my surprise, she actually backed off. Jesus I was literally shocked. So I had to try it again a few days later. And it worked again. Wow. Now you young bucks listen up, I wished I had known this years ago. You have to be committed to this technique, or just not give a shit (as I am). Because they WILL call your bluff here, ok? I had to take mine right to the edge. I have this thing about "I'm gonna win" attitude. (Gets me in trouble all the time). But if you stand your ground, they will usually fold. And if they don't fold well then your looking at a divorce. Bah, then she wasn't worth keeping in the first place.

Just some ad hock advice from a grumpy old fart that doesn't mind fighting with his wife lol. Sometimes!

Vrak

Oldman66

I just may be getting cranky in my old age but I told my wife all that "happy wife, happy life" stuff is getting real old. And then she just gave me that "look", you know what I mean. And for the first time in our marriage (25 years now) I gave her the "old man don't give a shit" look, and found to my surprise, she actually backed off. Jesus I was literally shocked. So I had to try it again a few days later. And it worked again. Wow. Now you young bucks listen up, I wished I had known this years ago. You have to be committed to this technique, or just not give a shit (as I am). Because they WILL call your bluff here, ok? I had to take mine right to the edge. I have this thing about "I'm gonna win" attitude. (Gets me in trouble all the time). But if you stand your ground, they will usually fold. And if they don't fold well then your looking at a divorce. Bah, then she wasn't worth keeping in the first place.

Just some ad hock advice from a grumpy old fart that doesn't mind fighting with his wife lol. Sometimes!

Vrak
Yeah manipulation is no good, glad you figured it out.

IRL - when your significant other...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back