• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - When Your CLR Goes on Vacation (1 Viewer)

wymranar

I <3 SKs *kissy face*
RedCents
878¢
Hey everyone,

This is something I’ve noticed more and more as I get into the later parts of CoV. I’ve been running with 1 healer (CLR) which is normally not a problem.
But, recently my group will wipe because my healer will use a small heal on the tank while a ton of damage is coming in.

The cleric is using KA12 and Sic’s ini specifically. I will wipe reasonably often with my CLR at 80% mana. When there is a lot of spell damage or many unmezz-able mobs it seems like my healer can’t keep up. I feel like this shouldn’t be a problem, but maybe I’m doing something wrong?

Would my cleric be able to spool their heals or react faster if I were using chats plugin or another macro?Does anyone else have any other tips? Should I just accept that my CLR can’t keep up sometimes?

Hey everyone,

This is something I’ve noticed more and more as I get into the later parts of CoV. I’ve been running with 1 healer (CLR) which is normally not a problem.
But, recently my group will wipe because my healer will use a small heal on the tank while a ton of damage is coming in.

The cleric is using KA12 and Sic’s ini specifically. I will wipe reasonably often with my CLR at 80% mana. When there is a lot of spell damage or many unmezz-able mobs it seems like my healer can’t keep up. I feel like this shouldn’t be a problem, but maybe I’m doing something wrong?

Would my cleric be able to spool their heals or react faster if I were using chats plugin or another macro?Does anyone else have any other tips? Should I just accept that my CLR can’t keep up sometimes?
cov stuff definitely hits hard, and if you get multiples you can take a ton of dmg in a very short window.

it is kind of hard to say what specifically your issue is. you might have a sub-par tank, with sub-par augs/gear etc, your fight times might be taking so long that you're running out of stuff to fill in the gaps. you might not have your 2.0 on your cleric which is an extra "oh shit", you might not be using power sources, you might have expectations that are outside of how hard the mobs in CoV hit, etc. there could be a lot of different reasons for your woes, *however*, just know that cov mobs do hit hella hard. when a single mob can quad strikethrough fkyourcouch ripostedparryen`guarde you for infinity dmg, no healing can save you - make sure you have your DI and emeralds

any of cwtn's stuff is included for test server with your lvl 2 - so if you wanted to try any of it you could always /testcopy your toons over and go try some content

@Sic thanks sic! Yeah, best gear, best augs. Tank is fine.

I guess im confused because it seems to be occurring more often in CoV. I do not have the CLR 2.0, but I’ve noticed that often the CLR still has abilities/mana/heals left when I die.

The cleric will start a small heal, then I will take a lot of damage and seems like the CLR is working in slomo.

You're asking that the automation suites anticipate when a big damage spike is incoming, like a live player would, and that simply isn't how MQ is ever going to work. Like sic mentions, there are numerous things that could be happening. I've noticed that when a short duration buff drops, that the cleric will attempt to reapply the buff and if that just happens to coincide with a big spike in damage, the automation can be caught in a bad spot.

You're asking that the automation suites anticipate when a big damage spike is incoming, like a live player would, and that simply isn't how MQ is ever going to work. Like sic mentions, there are numerous things that could be happening. I've noticed that when a short duration buff drops, that the cleric will attempt to reapply the buff and if that just happens to coincide with a big spike in damage, the automation can be caught in a bad spot.
yeah in mq2cleric this is why specifically we don't reapply shining or ward (but we do for DI) if we have mobs on xtarget (because we're fighting something and need to be ready for anything since its a bot and not a person)- now if you have nothing on xtarget and you start casting and now you do have them on xtarget, then its going to keep casting.

there are a ton of different ways to automate out there, weak your kiss ini, or check out some of the other options and see if something else works better for you

someone else mentioned their shm crawling to a slowmode with kiss the other day, so if you're experiencing something like that - then sounds like there's definitely something amiss.

I know ctaylor mentioned some upcoming fixes for kiss12 with dannet/cures - are you running with dannet atm?

I would honestly take a look at your heal timings and make sure that they have some variance. If you have them all set to 99, it’s very likely they are firing to early. I would add your group AA heal as an Oh Sh t and use it as single target heal (along with your direct heal AA). Also, you can add some macros for manual use on tank to force heal.

AE is a thing in CoV , a big thing. Having a bullet proof tank and weak support characters doesn't work as well as it did in the past. AE creases everyone
Wild Rampage hurts. The second highest character on aggro early in a fight with a dragon will cop 4 quick, 100% strikethrough rounds ... just coz. This is normally (a) healer (b) crowd control or (c) the slower
Silence / pushback stun occurs too. COV mission (The Call I am looking at you). Your cleric might be silenced or stunned. check

Things to help, basically any of those spells that proc big heals if health goes below x%.
1. Check your cleric isn't out of emeralds for DI
2. Promised Redemption
3. Anticipated Intercalcation (Intervention)
4. Runes - Cleric BP merciful shield or things from self etc (Diplomatic Papers)
5. Use Geomantra

If you think it is kiss's responsiveness, then turn off its heals section and use MQ2Heals for a while and see how things fare.

This may just be a matter of expectations. CoV mobs hit much harder than ToV. A group geared tank can't really expect to handle 4+ un-mezzable CoV mobs with impunity. Will you survive it many times? Yes. Is it guaranteed? No.

Cleric mana has nothing to do with it. This isn't a matter of attrition. It is simply damage spikes overwhelming your defenses and HP before the next heal lands. I do find that SK taps help even out the spikes a lot. And if you are planning on tanking multiples in CoV sword-and-board is pretty much a must. The 2H penalty increases damage spikes way too much.

Ironically, while typing this my team just wiped because a named popped while tanking 3 regular mobs in Skyshrine (mostly un-mezzable). Cleric had 96% mana and was the second to drop.

This may just be a matter of expectations. CoV mobs hit much harder than ToV. A group geared tank can't really expect to handle 4+ un-mezzable CoV mobs with impunity. Will you survive it many times? Yes. Is it guaranteed? No.

Cleric mana has nothing to do with it. This isn't a matter of attrition. It is simply damage spikes overwhelming your defenses and HP before the next heal lands. I do find that SK taps help even out the spikes a lot. And if you are planning on tanking multiples in CoV sword-and-board is pretty much a must. The 2H penalty increases damage spikes way too much.

Ironically, while typing this my team just wiped because a named popped while tanking 3 regular mobs in Skyshrine (mostly un-mezzable). Cleric had 96% mana and was the second to drop.

If you want, I can DM you my cleric INI when i get home. I had to mess with my cleric till he was good to heal. I pretty much have him down pat now. But i have noticed lull spots in my clerics healing. They arent perfect but can do the job well enough.

Also wanted to comment if there was a way to add spam heals? This might help with multiple mobs in camp like under AE section? Havent tried this but this was something i was going to work on this weekend.

If you want, I can DM you my cleric INI when i get home. I had to mess with my cleric till he was good to heal. I pretty much have him down pat now. But i have noticed lull spots in my clerics healing. They arent perfect but can do the job well enough.

Also wanted to comment if there was a way to add spam heals? This might help with multiple mobs in camp like under AE section? Havent tried this but this was something i was going to work on this weekend.
I'm not the OP.

I am actually running MQ2Cleric on my healer. Works very well, and he is easily team MVP. Keeps me alive when I have no reasonable expectation to survive (I can't actually call what I do 'pulling', it is more aptly called 'aggroing and running'). I can't even remember the last time I bothered to try to split mobs or FD, the cleric (and bard, when able) do such a good job. But nothing can keep a tank alive in every situation.

On a side note - I literally cannot get my cleric to use mana. Like any. Right now I am fighting a named in Skyshrine after keeping the room cleared for a while. Cleric is sitting pegged at 100% mana (ok, 99.4%). Pretty much always this way no matter what. I think the lowest I get is 97% when chain pulling. Nukes are on. Melee is on. It's crazy either how good MQ2Cleric is, or how good MQ2Eskay is with the tapping. But the SK still dies sometimes.

Hey everyone,

Buy the Plugin, it's a game changer....

MQ2cleric is amazing.. had it for a year now, it clerics exceptionally well.. just dont expect it to do a "this situation i do this because my group needs it".. its a amazing plugin, and does anything its been programmed to do.. I love it, and recommend it. but if your looking for fine tune in and out control for X reason, or X situation, its not made to do that... Ive used it on group and raid content both, works like a champ.. but there are fine tune programs if you need a specific situation covered.

MQ2cleric is amazing.. had it for a year now, it clerics exceptionally well.. just dont expect it to do a "this situation i do this because my group needs it".. its a amazing plugin, and does anything its been programmed to do.. I love it, and recommend it. but if your looking for fine tune in and out control for X reason, or X situation, its not made to do that... Ive used it on group and raid content both, works like a champ.. but there are fine tune programs if you need a specific situation covered.
Agree, I have a few buttons on my driver toon to force grp heals etc.

I agree the the above comments. mq2cleric is a work of art. My cleric is really never low on mana and when I do bite it on the rare occasion, it is just an unlucky spike that no one could heal fast enough for or the group getting swamped with AOE damage. For that matter, all of the CWTN plugins are proving to be pretty dam bulletproof, even on TLP!

I love MQ2Cleric! Now if I could always remember to take her out of manual after moving....my sk really hates when I forget to do that :)
i almost exclusively move around in chase mode with all my cwtn following toons - it won't break invis to buff or heal unless you have a camp set, so you can chasemode and run around till your heart's content. the only time i manual mode to move, is if i'm in a spot with a bad mesh and need to afollow over a gap or something

@wymranar hard to give advice with out knowing your group make up, but
lot of spell damage or many unmezz-able mobs
this is an oh shit moment. Running is an option. You must increase your tanks melee/spell mitigation, boost/twincast your heals, or exit. I give out Bulwark of Many Portals to my group and give them a few tips. Intermediate Fighting Strategies 9. When someone yells run, don't hesitate to run to safety (hopefully you have already made note of where the nearest safe spot is). You know at least one of your party is no longer fighting with you, and your chances of not dying have dropped considerably. Besides, if you're playing with a good group, there's probably a good reason someone yelled run. Get out of there now.

Discussion - When Your CLR Goes on Vacation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back