• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - When main dies and I need to control assist (1 Viewer)

gogeceo

RedCents
80¢
Okay, so had an issue last night wher ei forgot to put my mercs on and my main that i am controlling died and then i had to run my alt. When i want to take control i know i can type /end right? is there a hot key i can make for my alt where i can take full control of him and not be stuck in kissassist and additionally take full control of targeting and spell selection? If so would someone mind directing me to the command or posting it? Thanks

You can issue a /mqp and pause any current macro where it’s at. Make it a hot button and use it anything you need to take control of your box. When your done just push it again and it will toggle the pause off.

*i could have the 3 chars backwards. Just got in from the outside where I almost had a heat stroke. (No joke).*

You can issue a /mqp and pause any current macro where it’s at. Make it a hot button and use it anything you need to take control of your box. When your done just push it again and it will toggle the pause off.

*i could have the 3 chars backwards. Just got in from the outside where I almost had a heat stroke. (No joke).*

so creaate a hot button called mqp with first command being /mqp and that should do it? Is there a way to test it to see if its working other than in actual combat?

I call my buttons Pause and color them so I find them quick.
Yes you can start your Mac out of combat and push the button. You will see macro paused in MQ window. Push it again and it will say unpaused or something.
I use it all the time in or out of combat.
Also if you haven’t make sure to turn on the stick break on keyboard from MQ2melee if your running it. Just type /melee and one of them will say stickbreak or some such. Just issue that /melee stickbreak=1. Or what ever the actual line is. I’m on mobile in bed or I’d look it up.

Hellos

Just to add some copper pieces to the pile, with regards stating intent, as opposed toggle intent.

The MQ2 command, /mqpause or the shorter version, /mqp will change the running state of a macro (not plugin).
That is, using as given, if a macro is active it will pause it. If the macro is paused, it will resume it. Ok, thats it toggling the state. Macro running to paused, paused to running.

This can be overloaded with extra parameter, to give explicit intent, in which you state what want it to do.
i.e.

If it is just a toggle, and in mad rush, click hot button a couple of times; you will be right back where you were. running ->paused, paused to running.
By having your "panic" button to pause the macro, then no matter how many times you mash that button, it will go running ->paused; and stay paused, until you un-pause it by type the command in or use alternative button.

Some people are happy with state toggles.
I prefer to use the overload and explicitly state what I wish it to do.

Off the topic of main post; but thankfully, KissAssist does that for common used features; /camphere and /chase.
The character I am driving dictates ( /bcg )the intent to camp at spot; two lines, //chase off //camphere on
Likewise, to break camp and roam with the leader, broadcast again over two lines the reverse, //camphere off //chase on
As you can see, i prefer absolute clarity on when press a hotkey, it does exactly what I expect it to - impact the state explicitly and not toggle.

Regards and Best Wishes

Question - When main dies and I need to control assist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back