• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - When I hit " ` " it acts as an escape? (1 Viewer)

spinner1

RedCents
174¢
I'm generally a quiet person but I'm at wits end on this one. every time i hit the tilde key without shift it basically acts as an escape key and windows me out of everything. EQ, chrome all the way to my desktop if I hit it enough. If you guys have any idea I'd appreciate the help as I'm exasperated on ideas of how to troubleshoot or fix it.

It's supposed to,

It's a recent change to the macroquest2

http://www.redguides.com/community/...mpile-20160925?p=291418&viewfull=1#post291418

18 Sep 2016 by eqmule
Sunday is funday... so here is some fluff:
Added a "Boss Mode" hotkey, alt+~, (alt+tilde) if u click that all your eq windows will be instantly hidden. It's a toggle.
the hotkey can be changed in the [MacroQuest] section, the value is called BossMode=
setting BossMode=0 disables it.
You can now "cycle" eq windows now with the '~' key.... (also known as tilde)
its not obvious but you CAN change it by editing the macroquest.ini
in the [MacroQuest] section add a CycleNextWindow=somekey
Example: (and this is what it defaults to when this entry does not exist)
CycleNextWindow=shift+`
u can do alt+ and ctrl+ as well but thats it.
you cannot combine alt+shift+, i didnt want to make this to complex.
you CAN however drop the prefixes altogether and just specify it as
CycleNextWindow=b
that would make the lettere "b" on your keyboard cycle the windows... (not recommended unless u plan on never using the letter b for any other reason...)
Setting CycleNextWindow=0 will disable it completely.

- You can now "cycle" eq windows now with the '~' key.... (also known as tilde)
its not obvious but you CAN change it by editing the macroquest.ini
in the [MacroQuest] section add a CycleNextWindow=somekey
Example: (and this is what it defaults to when this entry does not exist)
CycleNextWindow=shift+`
u can do alt+ and ctrl+ as well but thats it.
you cannot combine alt+shift+, i didnt want to make this to complex.
you CAN however drop the prefixes altogether and just specify it as
CycleNextWindow=b
that would make the lettere "b" on your keyboard cycle the windows... (not recommended unless u plan on never using the letter b for any other reason...)
Setting CycleNextWindow=0 will disable it completely.

So hitting ALT + ~ will make EQ vanish from visible areas of your PC (nothing in the taskbar, nothing in the ALt + TAB window) which is an awesome boss mode feature "no honey... just facebooking....honest!"

Last edited:
Sorry, but I'm like..."babe I'm EQing ATM, if you want to sit under the desk awhile go for it, but anything more is going to have to wait till...uh....mmm...ahhhh...ohhh...ok, I'm done EQing for now...time for xxx".

You know I never checked what happens I you only run ONE eq session and click that key, I'm gonna try it today, obviously it shouldn't change windows at all if there is only one..,
(it never crossed my mind that people might be running just one nowadays though)

It pays to read the notes... :) This happened to me when I was running a DH the other day. First time I'd boxed in a while and my ~ key is for calling the team's wizzy mercs to assist me. Everyone died when I hit the key and couldn't figure out what happend. HAHA!! I read the notes now.

I have tried everything to disable this as it has taken over my keyboard on everything not just eq to no avail, what am I doing wrong?
MacroPath=.\Macros
LogPath=.\Logs
MacroQuestWinClassName=__MacroQuestTray
MacroQuestWinName=MacroQuest2
# setting BossMode=0 disables it.
BossMode=0
# setting CycleNextWindow=0 disables it.
CycleNextWindow=0
DebugSpewToFile=0
FilterSkills=0
FilterTarget=0
FilterMoney=0
FilterFood=0
FilterMacro=0
FilterEncumber=0
FilterDebug=0
FilterMQ=0
KeepKeys=1
LaxColor=0
AllErrorsDumpStack=1
AllErrorsFatal=0
HUDMode=UnderUI
MQ2LoadingMsg=0
ExactSearchCleanNames=0
CreateMQ2NewsWindow=1
TimeStampChat=1
BeepOnTells=1
FlashOnTells=1
IfDelimiter=*
IfAltDelimiter=-
NetStatusXPos=0
NetStatusYPos=0

Problem - When I hit " ` " it acts as an escape?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back