• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Whats the difference in the EQBC servers? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
7,903¢
I have like 4 versions of the eqbc server EQBCS, EQBCS2, EQBCS-eqmule and MQ2EQBCS. Whats the difference? pros/cons of each? Is there any documentation for these other versions? I'm still using the original but wonder if I'm missing out on something

eqbcs.exe is the one that is started when you click the option in the mq2 launcher. and has the ability to install the service and so. i dont know if one of the others are the ones it runs when you hit the standalone option.

Very Vanilla includes 3 different EQBCS:

EQBCS.exe
Our default EQBCS, developed and maintained by @jimbob. It works well with EQBCI, a graphical interface also made by Jimbob. We should bug him to start a resource for eqbcs specifically, currently he's been maintaining it in the EQBCI thread.

The main advantage is that it has no spell lag which improves the response time of your healers and never crashes.

A disadvantage is that it's hard to connect remotely (from other computers).

EQBCS2.exe
Someone requested this version in the past when our default EQBCS had issues with netbots. You can connect remotely.

EQBCS-eqmule.exe
Some people like to run everything @eqmule style, and it's hard to blame them. This is eqmule's personal version.

Last edited:
The default one crashes for me every time someone leaves chat. I have to restart it and reconnect everyone back to it. Anyone else seeing this problem? I'm using it on test.

The other two are unusable due to the lag from issuing a command and having the command show up.

mh.. every EQBC Server so far has a strange problem. If 18-30 toons are going via macro simultaneously into the server then some always login erroneous depending on the version. The Emule 1.3 is the most stable version which was the only one which worked quite well. But after the last patch this one also randomly logs in toons with -LOGINnameoftoon instead of nameoftoon. Very annoying bug.

This error is present in EVERY EQBCS-Version.. tested now every combination, from EQBCS2, 1 or Emule.
The Emule 1.3 is the most stable and makes this error only very rarely (1 out of 31 accounts).
The others often have about 3-4 cases with the "LOGIN_"-Tag which need a relog of EQBCS.

Question - Whats the difference in the EQBC servers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back