• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Discussion - What's the best DPS class and why is it a rogue? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
276¢
I'm not sure if this is an everybody thing or just a me thing but every time I try another dps class I always come back to the backstabber. Are they just in a good place right now or am I doing something wrong?

Nothing wrong, they're king of the hill for sustained for sure and I think beastlords and monks can stay even or pass then in case of beastlords on short bursts.

I'm not sure if this is an everybody thing or just a me thing but every time I try another dps class I always come back to the backstabber. Are they just in a good place right now or am I doing something wrong?
From parses I have seen for this expansion on raid targets - MNK/ROG/BST. Basically in that order. Sometimes ROG is top. This does not mean that you will see in a raid, All Monks, then all Rogues, etc. It means based on the sample parses I have viewed, Monks are typically the top, followed closely by Rogues, and then Beastlords. It depends on the fight, and length of the fight.

Ber short duration burst is unmatched. Raid Ber hitting 9 million dps for about a minute. For longer duration, nothing is touching a monk on the entire event. Honorable mention goes to beastlord and wizard. Rogues in my opion are still high, but not pulling monk dps nowadays.

Rogues truly shine when you have 4 of them. The alliance and proper poison application can go a long way in keeping them at the top. However, even on their own they are a force to be reckoned with. I love my rogue and will never replace him.

Rogues truly shine when you have 4 of them. The alliance and proper poison application can go a long way in keeping them at the top. However, even on their own they are a force to be reckoned with. I love my rogue and will never replace him.
Rogues alliance is the only one in game that can be triggered with only 1 rog together as you can use scorpions agony/spiders bites on all the other melee to trigger it.

Rogues alliance is the only one in game that can be triggered with only 1 rog together as you can use scorpions agony/spiders bites on all the other melee to trigger it.
Guess I should have read the ability better, I thought it meant only rogue poisons would trigger it. Thanks!!!

Guess I should have read the ability better, I thought it meant only rogue poisons would trigger it. Thanks!!!
It’s one of those neat times the English language is so helpful lol. If you read it in the context of the other abilities that can only be used by that class (other than priests I think?) you’d be right, but rogues are unique in that they can share their rogue (made) poisons.

I mean here is Our parse for Shadow my Shadow raid Timorous falls and it's a close one across the board:

Combined (47): A shadow of venom in 1497s, 62.75B Damage @41.91M, 1. MAGE = [email protected] in 1408s {X} | 2. ROGUE= [email protected] in 1421s {7G} | 3. ZERKER = [email protected] in 1411s {7G} | 4. BST = [email protected] in 1398s {7} | 5. ROGUE = [email protected] in 1416s {7G} 6. ZERKER = [email protected] in 1417s {X7G}

We always see Rog / Zerks / Mages on top depends on event typically rogues do better with the assassinate mobs obviously. however out zerk / mage / rog do put up fights for dps on straight burns

I mean here is Our parse for Shadow my Shadow raid Timorous falls and it's a close one across the board:

Combined (47): A shadow of venom in 1497s, 62.75B Damage @41.91M, 1. MAGE = [email protected] in 1408s {X} | 2. ROGUE= [email protected] in 1421s {7G} | 3. ZERKER = [email protected] in 1411s {7G} | 4. BST = [email protected] in 1398s {7} | 5. ROGUE = [email protected] in 1416s {7G} 6. ZERKER = [email protected] in 1417s {X7G}

We always see Rog / Zerks / Mages on top depends on event typically rogues do better with the assassinate mobs obviously. however out zerk / mage / rog do put up fights for dps on straight burns
What group comps are you using for those numbers?

What group comps are you using for those numbers?

Melee has Shm bard rog zerk bst ranger (or 2 zerks instead of ranger) and casters run shm chant mage mage mage wiz

we alternate Auspices, I mean we do full blown raid style stuff as a end game raid performer. COP clicks when auspice is down, we cycle burns as needed. we use BYOS for CWTN (on casters)

Discussion - What's the best DPS class and why is it a rogue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back