• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - What's everybody's opinion about Wizards ? (1 Viewer)

I like wizards - both for transport (because I hate ever running somewhere with another toon following me), and also for more stealthy combat. You can always stagger the assist % for melee but we all recognize that distinctive movement of a melee group engaging and finishing combat, wizards though can just stand back and kind of gaze in the right direction. Does it actually do anything other than make me feel better about (in my head) looking less conspicuous? Who knows.

Anyone parsed wizards in beta after those changes?

According to Kizant wizards are like necros and mages now so I'm thinking maybe it's time to dust off my retired wizard alt.

I considered putting 1 in my caster group to do SK,clr,enc, mag, mag, wiz but when I saw the synergy didn't affect fire spells I just opted for another mage. Plus I used MQ2Mage so having the 3rd character using the same automation made it easy.

I aslso found the mages to be reliable and consistent dps, at 115 with max AAs in FTP gear each one doing 250-300k dps per mob and spiking to 800k on nameds was giving me 8-10 second kills. With my SK and enchanter dps added in I was 1.5 mil dps just all the time (My sk being gold and raid geared would easily crack 500-600k with 2 hander)

Wizards have been fine for groups since NoS upgrades (around mage DPS).. but wizards bring port and evac (never use them).. mages can CoTH (not alot of use), mod rods, DS, pet emergancy tank.. so just better value (in groups). In raids, a perfect wizard, hand played, with all the ADPS.. maybe top 5, def top 10.. automated, meh, top 20..

Thats "Live" status... with Beta changes, hand played top 5 is pretty easy, top 10 is me playing drunk, so def improvements. I have not had a chance (obviously) to test automated, but i think they will move up, maybe not automated top 5, but better then now, and miles ahead of ToV/CoV..

You know what the real problem is ? Wizards are always compared to Mages ! Mages are just so much better in groups overall. Probably the most easiest class to play as well in my opinion as well.

Send the UBER Earth pet on taunt and rain nukes with almost no fear of drawing attention. I always said , Wizards need a special power or ability that would make them on par with mages. My suggestion a un-resistible stun nuke for 5 seconds or like a 500k damage absorption rune , with a low recast time.

you get the idea, something that will say YES I WANT TO BE A WIZARD!!

Screenshot_20231201_105203_Messages.jpg
The real question is do Wizzards make good politicians? This one ran for office last year. I don't have a picture of it but he had an ad where he was holding what looked like a staff with a jewel on top and was wearing a hat. If I find it I'll post it. Props to him for standing out.

Whenever someone asks what about class X, I ask my self what % of played characters are of class X.
In the case of wizards I think the number is low - apparently the consumer has voted against them for the most part.

Just looked at the Wizard nukes for LS, damn they got a huge upgrade. Much needed for them. But of course melee weapons got a massive upgrade also, so see how that parses out now lol.

I see alot of threads pass by asking for the best duo/full group combinations. But in those threads, i hardly ever see anyone mention Wizards.
Are they not worth it anymore or is there something going on with them that i am not aware off ?
I absolutely love my Wizard. I play Mage as well but she will never nuke as hard as the Wizard. I can consistently top dmg charts on bosses in raids (we only have a single necro, take that as you will) and the class is just fun to play. They also bring additional AOE which is on par with Mage's. My original two-box duo was Bard/Wizard and it honestly worked well with a tank/heal merc. I've ended up adding a lot to that original duo but that is still the core just because I love these two classes. Once we got twincast it's just burst city non-stop. Tbf, this is in UF era before a lot of things are added.

Discussion - What's everybody's opinion about Wizards ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back