• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - What would you add ? (1 Viewer)

Kyrira

RedCents
359¢
What would you add to a group of 4 (sha/brd/shd/mag) , lvl 10-15, of a very casual sight-seeing group ?

And which zones should I absolutly visit to get the eq feeling.

Returning and finding the joy that is called multi boxing the nice way made me wonder what route to follow as my highest level character was 85 last time I returned.

Kyrira
Old Shaman of Venril Sathir

Since you're running a mostly melee group, my first thoughts would be clr to help with heals and then either rog, bst, or zer. Pick the ones you are most interested in playing as that will keep the joy going.

So many zones at the lower levels to get that nostalgic feeling, but the vast running in the Karanas will remind you of the old days I think.

You could do with a CLR for heals or, if you want to get silly, you could add a DRU and pair up SHM/DRU for buffs/heals, plus ports, which is a very old-school thing to do. For the last, I'd say just go with whatever you like to play best. Really anything would work for your group. Be weird and add a necro or ranger because why not?
For zones, I've always loved the Ro deserts and all of the original Kunark zones. I started playing during Kunark, though, so that's where my nostalgia really kicks in. Nothing like beating up on scorpions and doggies in the Field of Bone :)

Maybe a druid for ports since you'll be travelling a lot. Last spot another dps, probably a rogue that you can sneak/hide and SoS around zones to explore.

The route comes to a matter of nostalgia and where people likely had some of their first great memories with the game. My nostalgia tour for levelling would probably look like this:

Butcherblock/Gfay
Crushbone
oasis
unrest
loio
south karana / high keep / mistmoore
Crystal Caverns, CoM , L Guk
Get seb key and HS key
Seb/Charassis / velks / the hole
Sirens Grotto / kael/ skyshrine

Zones I'd want to at least make a run through and see would be:
Chardok
Dawnshroud
Katta castelum
Sanctus Seru
Hollowshade moor
Acrylia caverns
Veksar
Karnors
Western wastes

If you are just wanting to casually enjoy the game and do sight seeing as you progress then I would add a Druid or a Wizard for one slot and then probably a Zerk/Rog for more DPS. Could also choose a BST for more adps and mana support to go along with the Bard. The druid would also be able to off heal with the Shaman and that would help until the Shaman becomes more of a main healer later on.

Last edited:
What would you add to a group of 4 (sha/brd/shd/mag) , lvl 10-15, of a very casual sight-seeing group ?

And which zones should I absolutly visit to get the eq feeling.

Returning and finding the joy that is called multi boxing the nice way made me wonder what route to follow as my highest level character was 85 last time I returned.

Kyrira
Old Shaman of Venril Sathir
Zerk and Beast. I may have this exact main group in a couple of months if I decide to get rid of my wiz and cleric.

If you’re going to play casually and be free to play I’d just add another 2 mages especially if you’re going to be using mage class ctwn plug-in

you got most bases covered - if you want to add a lot of dps with little investment - add 2 more mages. If you want more utility gain 1mag / 1 nec or 1 mag / 1 dru maybe.

I'd add a druid. even with the guild hall and pok, there are still places their travel helps, But they also have good synergy using fire with mage fire spells.

You also don't seem to have a Rez before 59+OOW, so unfortunately, you might think about a pal or cleric. Adding a cleric will make your shm a slower/dps instead of slow/heals, and you'll find that the content (esp with defiant gear) becomes trivial with the cleric over shm healer.

I actually started with a similar group to you. I replaced the shaman with a BST and added a druid and cleric

You could go with a Necromancer and Beastlord. You'd have five out of six classes with pets that the Mage could outfit with weapons and armors to make them stronger. You'd also have all class armor types represented. Plate/Chain/Leather/Cloth. It is nice to have a porter for convenience of travel, but if the goal is to sight-see and adventure, wouldn't it be best to travel by foot? You can always make other classes to swap into and out of your core group as it evolves and your goals change.

I'm attaching this link, it may be helpful when adding whichever classes you decide on to your current group.

I guess it depends on your future plans are. If you want to just level them up to enjoy leveling, just play what you love. If you have a goal of taking them to end game, then if it was me, I would add a BST, and then pick between a Zerk or Rogue.

Question - What would you add ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back