• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - What stats for what class? (1 Viewer)

Peppe

RedCents
1,182¢
I was thinking about refreshing my Everquest character stats thing.

What stats for ''Slot 1, Type 5 general: Multiple stats ''

I know almost all classes is primary focus on Dex.

But what shall I take for Paladin?

Some say, agility some say dex, some say stamina.

Right know I got my paladin filled with Stamina stats, that makes him lack the dps big time.

in my personal opinion, anything where your primary damage and damage type stuff comes from your weapon (swinging/poking/slapping/smashing/stabbin/slicing/dicing, etc), hdex, including paladin, including warrior, including shadowknights.

you also get plenty of other hstats from stacking hdex anyhow.

if another hstat makes you happier, use that.

this is a pretty common topic

> Convo here <

> and here <

> here <

I share this bit a lot with regards to warriors

there are numerous discussions about this, and folks who have crunched the numbers argue there is no noticeable different stacking hagi over hdex from a survivability point of view in the current eq game, but there is huge damage benefit from stacking hdex, from accuracy, crit, and procs, etc.

you can view Zak's video (he's a raiding warrior). He has an open challenge for someone to show him the math, logs, and parses that would argue otherwise.

Pick what you like - if no augs makes you happy do that, if hagi makes you happy, do that - if hCha makes you happy, do that

I don't know about the hdex thing.....

In my experience and playtime, I have found that even with my chanter I rely more on AGI than anything..... avoidance has allowed me to tank on raids when all the real tanks are down until clerics get them moving again.

I don't know about the hdex thing.....

In my experience and playtime, I have found that even with my chanter I rely more on AGI than anything..... avoidance has allowed me to tank on raids when all the real tanks are down until clerics get them moving again.
I guess you completely ignored Sic's post above? I think we are at the point of huge diminishing returns, just like in WoW, it is time for a stat squish. The AC gain is minimal with hAgi, but the dmg gain is huge with hDex.

I used to theorycraft in WoW, heavily, but unfortunately I do not raid here, but seeing posts, reading, watching videos...hDex is the way to go.

The video above he talks about the avg hit dmg taken is 1-200 dmg between hAgi and hDex. But dmg output is HUGE with hDex. So why gimp yourself if it doesn't matter defensively?

I guess you completely ignored Sic's post above? I think we are at the point of huge diminishing returns, just like in WoW, it is time for a stat squish. The AC gain is minimal with hAgi, but the dmg gain is huge with hDex.

I used to theorycraft in WoW, heavily, but unfortunately I do not raid here, but seeing posts, reading, watching videos...hDex is the way to go.

The video above he talks about the avg hit dmg taken is 1-200 dmg between hAgi and hDex. But dmg output is HUGE with hDex. So why gimp yourself if it doesn't matter defensively?

I was also going to chirp in and say Dex, but Shadow has the video evidence. Let's roll the tape. :)

Also, if you are a Dex fan, raidloot.com will let you sort by 1HDex=4AC=40HP. Just set the AUG field to 5 and use that sort formula and voila. If you are an AGI fan, there is also an option for 1HAgi=4AC=40HP.

Just some ramblings on Friday while I have a cup of coffee.

Be well. Happy socketing.

Last edited:
Oh, and I should also mention that is at the raid level. 1-200 dmg less on average at the RAID level. At group would be what? 1-10? Get outta' town.

Side note: Not to be confused with RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) levels 0, 1, 2, 5, 1+0 (10).

4500 dex now.. did not do anything on the DPS, Paladin still sucks big time on the dps.. unless on undead. #Sad.

I mean.. on the living (CoV) with shield and hammer I do 66k dps.. useless.. 2h slash I might reach 199k dps.. I see warriors and SK reach 600-900k dps on both undead and living things..

Time for some uplift on the paladin?

Ice encrusted weapons and shield.

I have done the mostly Heroic ach on the Paladin, loads of trophies etc etc.. I still struggle to fight the mobs who is not undead..

Shall I scrap my paladin and go for a warrior or shadowknight?

Last edited:
4500 dex now.. did not do anything on the DPS, Paladin still sucks big time on the dps.. unless on undead. #Sad.

I mean.. on the living (CoV) with shield and hammer I do 66k dps.. useless.. 2h slash I might reach 199k dps..

hdex is what you want to look at, not dex - you definitely don't have 4500 hdex

ice encrusted is really not very good these days

you would maybe use the tower shield and the pet earring if you didn't otherwise have better, but otherwise get cov t3 or better weapons

hdex is what you want to look at, not dex - you definitely don't have 4500 hdex

ice encrusted is really not very good these days

you would maybe use the tower shield and the pet earring if you didn't otherwise have better, but otherwise get cov t3 or better weapons

Yes, but remember I'm in CoV, not ToL. Ice encrusted surely is good enough in CoV.

If I use T3 CoV weapons I loose some heroic stats from the Ice encrusted? But if you say T3 is better than the Ice encrusted, I believe you and I will upgrade as you say I should.

I know its not Hdex, where does the Hdex stands? (Edit, the orange it seems)

Attachments

• Untitledddddd-2.jpg
    Untitledddddd-2.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Untidffftled-3.jpg
    Untidffftled-3.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Unddddtitled-2.jpg
    Unddddtitled-2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

I mean.. on the living (CoV) with shield and hammer I do 66k dps.. useless.. 2h slash I might reach 199k dps.. I see warriors and SK reach 600-900k dps on both undead and living things..

Time for some uplift on the paladin?

I have done the mostly Heroic ach on the Paladin, loads of trophies etc etc.. I still struggle to fight the mobs who is not undead..

Shall I scrap my paladin and go for a warrior or shadowknight?
Pali dps just kinda sucks but man they are hard to kill =P

Pali dps just kinda sucks but man they are hard to kill =P

Agree, only vs undead The Paladin actually is Godlike good.. sad that undead is not so common after or before ToV expac.

But honestly, my paladin drops easy.. CoV mobs tears me apart even with my defense mode on, a level 116 mob takes my hp down to 35% on one hit. BUT! I can finally take down Zlandy The Dragon in CoV, its something.

Anyhow, I'm gonna try the T3 Cov weapons, and later on ToL T3 when I'm level 120.

Undead might make a comeback? I don't remember where I read it, but there was a title for the XPac floating around that had Nightmare in it? I cannot find it now, so could have been fake or hoax.

I'll be honest... I love my paladin, but I approach his use differently; I love 1. because he's still got melee AAs and whatnot 2. He has cleric buffs, spot/splash heals, the best cure in the game IMHO, 3. 15% absorb buff/heal and 4. can OT hold 2nd threat well incase of LD type mobs (i.e. Deek in ME)... i LOVE my paladin... that said, I use him other builds as well as the MT, but most times he's just a DPS slot... not that he's the greatest dps, but still love the variety he brings to my group!

To stay on topic though, I also stack Hdex on my Paladin for all the reasons stated previously; I would encourage you to keep working on the gear, AAs, etc... too many people worry about the DPS of their said toon and lose sight of the GRIND that is EQ... we all gotta put in the time to reap the rewards!

Just my two cents. Best of luck with the Paladin!

I've returned and the numbers (DPS-window) says that Ice encrusted is much much better than Tier 3 weapons from CoV.

I struggle to get above 300k dps with the 2h T3 Paladin/SK weapon from CoV.. Undead in Tov,

With the Ice encrusted I'm nearly always at 600k dps on the undead ToV.

(Use on same mobs, A cold screamer)

Ice Encrusted Great Sword VS Velium Threaded Claymore.

Both weapons uses the same augs.

But! Overall, I still suck on the DPS on the living and I think its a class thing.

Last edited:
I've returned and the numbers (DPS-window) says that Ice encrusted is much much better than Tier 3 weapons from CoV.

I struggle to get above 300k dps with the 2h T3 Paladin/SK weapon from CoV.. Undead in Tov,

But! Overall, I still suck on the DPS on the living and I think its a class thing.
They're not, you can see by the damage rating they have, but if you're happy and it is working for you, that is what matters

My paladin is a pretty beefy monster, so I'm surprised to hear you have issues, but imo should use a shield if you're not winning

@Sic how do you quantify the advantage that you would get from having 15k extra hp? I understand that hAgi are trash vs Hdex, but how about hSta? I assumed, with survivability considered, you would want that extra cushion to survive a nasty round.

It would be very difficult to quantify that advantage though. FWIW I run hdex but I am a group WAR

@Sic how do you quantify the advantage that you would get from having 15k extra hp? I understand that hAgi are trash vs Hdex, but how about hSta? I assumed, with survivability considered, you would want that extra cushion to survive a nasty round.

It would be very difficult to quantify that advantage though. FWIW I run hdex but I am a group WAR
15k hps isn't very many hps, if 15k hps is the difference between living and dying there is likely a bigger issue - that is the biggest argument against non-casters stacking hsta, it just isn't that much

parse your overall damage incoming and see if a difference of 15k hps helps smooth it out
now take that same parse and imagine cutting of a measurable amount of time off of the fight without that 15k health

if it is worth it to you, then swap; if it isn't then dont.

for me, on all my dudes - sks, paladins, and warriors - is hdex

plus full stacking any hstat is going to give you very high other hstats, enough that you're likely getting a much lower return due to DR as it is

I'm a slacker with my primary SK, but i'm at 2961 hDex which gives me 1790 hSta

you can see i don't even have full cov or tol type 5s :p
1659200441132.png

my type 7s are in better shape, but i need to finish my AP sometime
1659200951305.png

it *might* be worth dropping that hdex a bit and getting hsta over 2k, but doesn't make sense for me for any of my toons

you can super stack hdex and end up getting like 3400, which would still give you something like 2k in hAgi/hSta etc --- which was what you'd get full stacking those a few xpacs ago

I wish i was still on FV, because you could swap out and test easily

They're not, you can see by the damage rating they have, but if you're happy and it is working for you, that is what matters

My paladin is a pretty beefy monster, so I'm surprised to hear you have issues, but imo should use a shield if you're not winning

Honestly, I always felt there are something wrong with my ''human Paladin class'' from the start, all other pally kids was way better than my Pally =(

But, I kinda bonded a ''love to hate relationship'' with him, lol.

15k hps isn't very many hps, if 15k hps is the difference between living and dying there is likely a bigger issue - that is the biggest argument against non-casters stacking hsta, it just isn't that much

parse your overall damage incoming and see if a difference of 15k hps helps smooth it out
now take that same parse and imagine cutting of a measurable amount of time off of the fight without that 15k health

if it is worth it to you, then swap; if it isn't then dont.

for me, on all my dudes - sks, paladins, and warriors - is hdex

plus full stacking any hstat is going to give you very high other hstats, enough that you're likely getting a much lower return due to DR as it is

I'm a slacker with my primary SK, but i'm at 2961 hDex which gives me 1790 hSta

you can see i don't even have full cov or tol type 5s :p
View attachment 41091

my type 7s are in better shape, but i need to finish my AP sometime
View attachment 41092

it *might* be worth dropping that hdex a bit and getting hsta over 2k, but doesn't make sense for me for any of my toons

you can super stack hdex and end up getting like 3400, which would still give you something like 2k in hAgi/hSta etc --- which was what you'd get full stacking those a few xpacs ago

I wish i was still on FV, because you could swap out and test easily
I have played around with it some. Knights, Hdex until your eyes bleed, great for raid and group.. War.. I found HSTA makes him more survivable in the group game (feels like)? so i just left him that way (tried hagi, hdex, hsta)..

I have played around with it some. Knights, Hdex until your eyes bleed, great for raid and group.. War.. I found HSTA makes him more survivable in the group game (feels like)? so i just left him that way (tried hagi, hdex, hsta)..
I have always been a fan of Hdex > Hstam ... I always try to tend think about what the stat brings in terms of multiple uses... Hdex can be good for both DPS > Tanking roles.... Hstam for Melee AND Spell Damage *shrug*

I am not buying it one bit. Prove it with parses please.

Velium Threaded - 679dmg, 37 delay. 18.35 ratio.
Ice Encrusted - 634dmg, 37 delay. 17.14 ratio.

Procs are similar, same dmg, different resists. Unless the proc rate is DRASTICLY higher on the Ice Encrusted/Blaze of Fire proc or you have such a tiny sample size with a lucky streak of procs, I am not buying the dmg difference you seem to be reporting and I call bullshit. Not trying to be a jerk, but a decent sample size is necessary, and in this case, does not make sense given the rest of the other factors/stats.

My augs are very similar to Sic's. I am also lacking full ToL type 5's because honestly, I am so sick of these instances, I needed a break. I can buy 2 as of this post, and I will run it some more after my current toon I am working on hits 120. I am just ugh....LOL.

Type 5:

1659203411729.png

Type 7/8:
1659203482086.png

Overall stats:

1659203111946.png

Now I pretty much exclusively run sword and board. Can I run 2hander? Absolutely. I have the AC, but on fights like Shei, I still hit 1m DPS on SK with Sword and Board. She drops so fast, the healer adds don't even make it past the first corner. I prefer safety, over DPS on the SK, including ToL trash and grinds. I am running 10.2k AC / 506k hp with buffs, and I rarely drop below 90% and pump out 300-350k sustained on trash, but quite higher on nameds. Stack the hDex. There are reasons we keep saying it, instead of us just wanting to see words on the screen.

Sic - You must have way more recipes learned than I. Ugh...

Question - What stats for what class?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back