• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - What other plugins/lua/macros to use (1 Viewer)

RedCents
731¢
I am only using Vanilla and curious if I am missing out on anything really special that is not included. I run a 6 box and vanilla is a life saver, would not be able to play without it now.

Solution
Very Vanilla is just the MQ platform, any program you run once you are in game is just part of MQ and there are 1000s of different add ons for MQ macro/pluging/lua you name it if you have an issue doing something in game look it up pretty sure there is a MQ program to assist.
Very Vanilla is just the MQ platform, any program you run once you are in game is just part of MQ and there are 1000s of different add ons for MQ macro/pluging/Lua you name it if you have an issue doing something in game look it up pretty sure there is a MQ program to assist.

Solution
I am only using Vanilla and curious if I am missing out on anything really special that is not included. I run a 6 box and vanilla is a life saver, would not be able to play without it now.
overseer automation macro/Lua is pretty amazing. Any tradeskill macro/Lua would help if you are in to TS.

Hunterhud Lua is great

Plenty of collection macros/luas/plugins to help you collect glowing collectibles

mqitemcolor helps to make different backgrounds for ex. tradeskill items

mq2relocate is great for easy moving around

mq2aaspend to automaticly use your hard earned AAs

mq2autogroup autogrouping when loggin in

mq2dpsadv shows your dps for your group

mq2posse if you are paranoid

mq2portalsetter for easy use of guild portal (and guildclicky Lua for your own added portals)

tsbooks macro to auto buy all ts books in pok

PoKScribe to auto buy all spells in pok

Boxhud Lua lots of useful info and utils for your group

Magellan Lua for easy travel

ButtonMaster - more/same buttons on every toon

Its alot of nice ones out there!

I will chip in with a few I find helpful.
Don't Make Me Say It great for making group answer quest text all at the same time.
Lootly for Looting, which is a major PIA for 6 chars. This simplifies the whole process. Takes the place of Autoloot.
Lootier don't forget this one. It is a GUI interface for Lootly. Essential equipment here.
Scriber will run your char to the nearest Spell vendor and buy whatever spell levels you designate. And then scribe them into your book.
Skills2 runs your casters through their paces. In other words, it will cast spells to increase your caster skills. Be careful though it can and will attract attention. Maybe unwanted attention.
Magellan A GUI interface to help you get around Norrath. Very nice.
And just a real nice QoL post. Make sure to read this before logging in after loading all these Lua's. Auto Load Lua's

And last but not least the real sanity saver are the series of CWTN plugins to run each class. You can find them here CWTN Plugins. Now these, are like KA but for each individual class. They automate that class completely (well pretty much so). I personally think that these are great for the "non programmer" types like me. I run these on 4 of my 6 characters and the other 2 run on Muleassist (like KA). These plugins make my chars do a ton more than what I was capable of programming into their ini's. They really are plug and play. The down side is that they cost $20 ea. But I am sure you have heard the old saying "Lots of time, no money. Lots of money, no time. Well I am one of the latter, and not much of a programmer either. So the cost was worth it in my book.

Hope this helps

Vrak

God, I love this community (the communication and help is phenomenal)!
Joe,
If you want instant gratification/and endless joy 😜 ..... Look no further than the CWTN class specific plugs. When I started using RG/MQ2 I started with these (per a friends recommendations) I am so glad I did and have not looked back at all. Using them makes things easy and starts you out feeling competent and significantly reduces getting frustrated (it honestly is "Plug and Play"). After using the CWTN plugs for awhile and learning as I have gone (all the while having fun!), I have since ventured out to other Mac's, plugs and Lua's with a much better understanding on how things function.

Don't Make Me Say It great for making group answer quest text all at the same time.
Lootly for Looting, which is a major PIA for 6 chars. This simplifies the whole process. Takes the place of Autoloot.
Lootier don't forget this one. It is a GUI interface for Lootly. Essential equipment here.
Scriber will run your char to the nearest Spell vendor and buy whatever spell levels you designate. And then scribe them into your book.
Skills2 runs your casters through their paces. In other words, it will cast spells to increase your caster skills. Be careful though it can and will attract attention. Maybe unwanted attention.
And just a real nice QoL post. Make sure to read this before logging in after loading all these Lua's. Auto Load Lua's

And last but not least the real sanity saver are the series of CWTN plugins to run each class. You can find them here CWTN Plugins. Now these, are like KA but for each individual class. They automate that class completely (well pretty much so). I personally think that these are great for the "non programmer" types like me. I run these on 4 of my 6 characters and the other 2 run on Muleassist (like KA). These plugins make my chars do a ton more than what I was capable of programming into their ini's. They really are plug and play. The down side is that they cost $20 ea. But I am sure you have heard the old saying "Lots of time, no money. Lots of money, no time. Well I am one of the latter, and not much of a programmer either. So the cost was worth it in my book.

Hope this helps

Vrak
I like AllSpellSkill mac because it allows choosing 2 specializations and works insanely well, ensuring you will always max those first.

thanks again for all the replies. one more thing, should I be using dannet or eqbc? i seem to be fine without running them but wasnt 100%

as sic says, dannet highly recommended.. its a bit easier for "out of the box" setup.. eqbc requires the external exe to run as the server..

but using either of those is how you will communicate between your toons if you are boxing.. like how you tell your group to assist you, or to follow you, or to /target mob and /hail etc etc..

they are basically essential for any boxing you would do.. and once you get them set up with your hotkeys and such.. life becomes SO much easier!

Hope this helps

Vrak
Vrak what does KA mean?

I have some vids of various plugins and things in my signature like mq2camera and mq2autoaccept and mq2status, and mq2relocate, etc - all included with VV - just need to load it and run
I wandered past here to see what plugins people were using and clicked your vids link and I watched you CWTN moving your toons around video, but on day 1 when I had no idea what I was looking at, I was just copying your hotkey text into my own buttons not knowing that the CWTN were special class specific $20 setups so now I realize my code and hotkeys are a hodgepodge CWTN eskay(which I don't own), DanNet, eqbcs commands. In the text below that video, you mentioned that you will get some red errors and just ignore them. So all this time I have been getting red errors and just ignoring them not knowing why not all parts of my code were working. This gives me an idea. I post in a new thread

Question - What other plugins/lua/macros to use

Users who are viewing this thread

Back