• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

What not to do in MQ2 IRC chat. (1 Viewer)

Maskoi

old and salty
RedCents
81,576¢
Ok guys here's the deal. We walk a very fine line with Devs at MQ2. As a rule of thumb never mention notaddicted.com or redguides.com or active hacks there. I have a lot stuff I maintain at macroquest2.com so I can usually get help on stuff I need from them.

The following was posted in IRC by DKAA the main dev there.

<Name Removed> hmm if I wasnt suppose to ask that I'm sorry just been away so long wanted to make sure there was still activity on the site before I Gave money ...
<Name Removed> sorry if I did something something wrong but why was I banned ?
<Name Removed> I did not know I was not suppose to ask that and if you could point in in a direction where those rules are listed I wont break them again just trying to catch up on the last 5 years and I thought the easiest way to do it would be to ask
<Name Removed> didnt want to donate if no one used the VIP section any more .... didnt know I would get in trouble for asking if it was still in use
<Name Removed> one question before I give my money to the cause got me banned is kind of over blown don't you think ?
<Name Removed> If my question was not worth my money then thats your loss ... However I work hard for what little money I have and I will not give it if you guys can't even tell me if your still keeping what I'm donating for active...
<Name Removed> ALright then will jus thave to pay the people who steal your work over at notaddicted for access to there VIP as atleast I can see there site is active to bad I much perfer supporting orginal devs even if they are dicks at least they will aprreciate the 34.95 I give them for there vip access
<dont_know_at_all> you are retarded
<dont_know_at_all> please just go away
<Name Removed> Date of sign up: Feb 13, 2011 Subscription Name: Everquest (private level 2 access) Subscription Subscription Number: c Subscription Terms: $35.95 USD
<Name Removed> Receipt from paypal
<Name Removed> oculda been yours for anwsering a damn question !
<Name Removed> with a yes or no at that lol
<Name Removed> lets see 10 second awnser 35.95 pay = pretty good hourly wage and probably less time then it took you to ban me rofl
<Name Removed> I have to say your there retarded one.

This really makes us all look like fucking idiots and makes my job a lot harder when I need questions answered from DKAA or ieatacid.

Wow thats just fucked.

NA should just ban the fucktard that did that on grounds of making NA look bad. Lol.

Well some people are just clueless. We really try to educate our members instead of just smacking them with a ban stick.

Ok but thats not just clueless, that was completely uncalled for.

First he calls NA thieves, calls the MQ2 dev team a bunch of dicks and says that they are retarded. And just generally being an assdouchehole.

Clueless/Ignorant would be something like "Hey is the VIP section here still active or should I just get access through notaddicted?"

That was way way above and beyond.

HOWEVER its not up to me so its not like I'll be bitching about whatever happens or doesn't happen. Its just kind of upsetting to see that crap, especially after EVERYBODY has been busting their balls after that double patch.. both at macroquest.com and here, and really any site that hosts compiles.

Oh well, maybe your a bigger man than me Maskoi, lol. Props.

Yes that part about stealing kind of pissed me off. We have permission for everything used here and have never stolen anything. Redguides/NotAddicted has always respected all authors wishes on code.

Well that's embarrassing. We'll find out who he is and ban him, giving him the freedom to write plugins and macros himself.

People like that are also the ones that blatantly show off there new found powers with MQ2 and Bring on the nerf stick or worse yet the ban stick for the rest of us. I hope for all of us you guys ban him too

What not to do in MQ2 IRC chat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back