• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

What is the height of EQ addiction?

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
89,006¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Was it way back when you camped your first pair of jboots, or was it a month of grinding LDoN for some mediocre armor, or attending another night-long raid so 4 people out of 60 could get loot?

What is one activity in EQ that you'd classify as having to be addicted in order to complete?

ragefire back in the day, that or raiding sky for a week. Taking time off work and my boss understanding because he played too

The Paladin 1.0 pre Luclin, hands down....that or doing SSRA keys/gearing for guildies....Probably one of the biggest timesinks in the game - quoting EQ Addiction website I saw once and very much so agree with.

Probly the height of my addiction is when I raid, 8pm est - 2,3,4AM est... and we're usually taking on stuff we can't do with numbers and alas.. wiping

That, or when i was first camping an epic 1.0 piece, Camped the mob for 27 HOURS STRAIGHT.

Camping highhold keep goblins for days back when it was only original eq. You had to sit for hours just to get a group, then stay in the group for days literally because you didn't want to wait in line again.

That's a fine line between dedication and addiction, cause that zone is hella boring.

darkeros said:
Camping highhold keep goblins for days back when it was only original eq. You had to sit for hours just to get a group, then stay in the group for days literally because you didn't want to wait in line again.

That's a fine line between dedication and addiction, cause that zone is hella boring.
Pfft. Kill the guards =)

Height of addiction I finish my 9 man hydra team then purchase 5 coppies of platinum and PL 5 rangers and go autofire at raid targets with my other friend who runs 6 characters. We owned VT/Ssra/Kael/Sleepers after no one ever went there anymore. We even killed through some of the PoP content before I quit.

TurkReno said:
If you have a problem with EQ, please visit here:

http://www.olganon.org/

Inspired by:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Woolley

Seems a bit like one of those God bothering sites. For example:
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

DON FACTION hands down. Cleric 1.0 i hear ya on that one 21 hrs here.

Shi7 im still addicted. i raid 730-11/12 and get up at 4am the next day...everyday. Its ok the body only needs like 15hrs sleep anyways. And thats what weekends are for is to catch up on sleep

2 memories at the hieght of my addiction

22years old
-----------
Discovering MQ2 with my friends. Being praised as I was the only person who could /zone unkeyed players into VT hehe. 4 players. 16 characters. Cleared Vex Thal from 9pm to 11am the next day. Was late for work becuase it took us 45minutes to kill Aten Ha Ra. My Cleric got 9 gear upgrades. My Berserker got 6 gear upgrades. My warrior and ranger I was boxing got nothing hehe... they already had all GoD gear.

19years old
-----------
Camping Ragefire on my cleric. back when he was introduced to Skyfire. He was a Static spawn that would spawn once every 3 to 7 days. 114 hours strieght. I did take 30 min power naps every 12 hours and also took quick runs to mcdonalds for food. After getting my epic. Raiding Ssra and having the whole guild wipe becuase Cursed cycle screwed up and Glyphed spawned on top of Cursed. I camped before they pulled em lol. Then broke my new epic in by rezing the whole guild.

Those are my most addicted moments in EQ and probably any game i'll ever play again. I'll kinda miss that. I'm just not that person anymore. Have problems playing any game more than 2 hours strieght. Guess I matured or some shit hehe. Put my ages on my storys to show my two strongest addictions. 19 its was EQ and 22 it was MQ2.

Boxing toons for VT targets, Time raids, or camping clickies. Camping clickies has been taking up most my time lately, I don't really feel the need for getting more AAs until I have fancy illusions and shrinkers.

Getting the earring quest done. The one you needed 240 ish or so in all TS's.
I spent weeks camping acrylia to get my smithing to 221. Tailoring was a nightmare days on end farming for skins/pelts. I think one point I thought of deleting my toon due to insanity. Highlights were baking 0 to 300 in notime same for brewing. I fell asleep many nights on my keyboard camping rockhoppers or orcs in the caverns. I hated that quest till I had two nice earrings for PoP time frame expansion.

Camping clickies took the most time for me, Most weren't too bad but Jagged Pine FOrest was TERRRRRRRRRRIble it took me 3 weeks of camping to do, I'm not even sure how many hours. But it was about 4 a night mostly.

Mine was back when kunark was released, and FBSS(flowing black silk sash) was the thing to have!! My server had a month waiting list to get into the group that was camping frenzy.

I use to be so addicted to EQ I would login for 5 hours on my mage with LFG on and wouldn't even care if I got a group cause I would just talk to everyone in high guilds in PoK.

What is the height of EQ addiction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back