• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - What happens when a paid account goes FTP ? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
358¢
When a paid account that is about a year old... goes from paid to FTP.... does the account become just like a FTP account or does it become a Silver (I think that is what it is called) account ?

Solution
If you payed by a CC you will revert back to a ftp(green/wood) account, you will keep all your aas and rk spells but you will only be able to cast your rk1 spells. you will not be able to earn more aas or mem rk 2 and 3 spells.
if you happened to pay for the account with a krono you will revert to a silver account, you will keep all your aas like a green/wood account, you will also keep all your rk spells and if you want to cast your rk2 spells you can buy the unlocker from the market to unlock there use.
you go silver - tho some folks report if they paid via cc and not krono, that you go wood or whatever is below silver.

either way - you get to keep the AA you had, you just dont earn more

If you payed by a CC you will revert back to a ftp(green/wood) account, you will keep all your aas and rk spells but you will only be able to cast your rk1 spells. you will not be able to earn more aas or mem rk 2 and 3 spells.
if you happened to pay for the account with a krono you will revert to a silver account, you will keep all your aas like a green/wood account, you will also keep all your rk spells and if you want to cast your rk2 spells you can buy the unlocker from the market to unlock there use.

Solution
Where did the terminology "wood" come from as an account descriptor? Why are we using that now?

Just curious since EQ has only ever had Gold, Silver, Bronze & FTP. Even the character select screen only shows in Gold for All Access, in Green for Free and in Silver for Silver.

Was this something from another game?

Where did the terminology "wood" come from as an account descriptor? Why are we using that now?

Just curious since EQ has only ever had Gold, Silver, Bronze & FTP. Even the character select screen only shows in Gold for All Access, in Green for Free and in Silver for Silver.

Was this something from another game?
i dunno, i always use "wood" or "dirt" for describing the low of the low in rankings

i dunno, i always use "wood" or "dirt" for describing the low of the low in rankings
wood GIF
@Sic...lol

I will probably start letting a lot of my accounts go FTP (with the thought that I may come back if they ever lighten up on the suspensions).

From an Items/Tasks perspective, is there anything we would 'lose' letting an account go FTP? For instance, should we clean out Dragon's Hoard? Or try to remove unnecessary Quests to not lose in-progress ones on something we may want to keep? Do we lose any currencies/loyalty? It sounds like we should pick up any Guild Hall items, although I suppose they would be crated to us? Do we lose bank space?

I'm trying to make a to-do list so that I can log the toons in one more time, tidy up, and then cancel their subs before next renewal.

I will probably start letting a lot of my accounts go FTP (with the thought that I may come back if they ever lighten up on the suspensions).

From an Items/Tasks perspective, is there anything we would 'lose' letting an account go FTP? For instance, should we clean out Dragon's Hoard? Or try to remove unnecessary Quests to not lose in-progress ones on something we may want to keep? Do we lose any currencies/loyalty? It sounds like we should pick up any Guild Hall items, although I suppose they would be crated to us? Do we lose bank space?

I'm trying to make a to-do list so that I can log the toons in one more time, tidy up, and then cancel their subs before next renewal.
You don't need to do anything. I have full sets of non prestige gear on each toon going f2p. Even that wasn't necessary.

The problem with f2p is:
1. Starting off as f2p from level 1 means that toon will be gimp, utterly gimp until made gold and AA are auto granted at 110.
2. Gold to f2p is not nearly as gimp. You have aa spells etc. Only real concern is gear and there are full sets of t1 120 gear available easily.

Don't lose bank space except if you use the perks.
Dragons hoard still there on my gold->silver accounts, the 6 that got it when it released with expansion.
Quests stays
Loyalty should in theory be rewarded at a lower rate, Dunno if you lose current earned above your new cap. suggest you spend it down to about 2k
Other currency you will keep
Guildhall items will be crated, if you plan to use anchors you need to keep them in the guildhall (f2p cannot place in guildhall)
Overseer max running quests goes from 5 to 3

Not much to do in preparation for hibernation :P well convert you pp if you have spare to krono, at least then should be able to keep up with the ever increasing price.

Last edited:
Loyalty should in theory be rewarded at a lower rate, Dunno if you lose current earned above your new cap. suggest you spend it down to about 2k
Other currency you will keep

Overseer max running quests goes from 5 to 3

I have only had accounts go to Silver from All Access. Since I always pay with Krono then I don't fall back to F2P.

But on those accounts my loyalty stays at max amount (120 earned a week) and max cap of 5760.

Keep in mind the account continues to earn Loyalty points even if totally inactive - as in you come back years later and you would be maxed out again. So it takes 48 weeks to max out - if your going to be gone longer than that then you would want to buy everything you can now.

A good choice at that point - if your looking at downgrading to F2P would be to buy all the bags of plat you can now since those are only available to All Access.

Same for my Overseer - when I downgrade to Silver I still have 5 quests.

what's the name of the market item that allows you to retain and use r2 spells?
you will only see it if you are F2P since so many paid accounts were buying it by mistake thinking it was something different that what it is so they made it so paid accounts should not be able to see it there

Like the Heros' forge feature, once you buy it then you should not be able to see it in marketplace again

you will only see it if you are F2P since so many paid accounts were buying it by mistake thinking it was something different that what it is so they made it so paid accounts should not be able to see it there

Like the Heros' forge feature, once you buy it then you should not be able to see it in marketplace again
That makes sense. Thanks!

Question - What happens when a paid account goes FTP ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back