• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - What classes are the best Power levelers at 120? (1 Viewer)

Nealxu

RedCents
180¢
Hello all,
I am trying to figure out what classes are the best power levelers at 120?
I am trying to learn and play live EQ.

Thank you!
Neal

an sk to tank if he does 0 damage the group hiting the mobs with an aoe gets all the exp , ya need a mage for the ds , and a shammy for heals an buffs . i put 2 opel encrusted mugs in my hands and never worry about damaging the mobs , use the damage shield from the mage to kill mobs after the leveling guys do an aoe put damage shield on sk and watch the exp fly on the lil guys ))

Yep, pretty much what others have said 120 SK, Shaman, and Mage in one group. Sk has honed wurmsayler use that on pulls once in position with mobs at back in camp switch to holding fire beetle eyes in both hands so you don’t repo.

Toons to be power-leveled and bard same level as those being power-leveled. Also can use golden pick and hit all Mac. Once mobs in camp bard hits with lowest level AOE song let it land a couple of times. Have Sk and mage cast DS and watch exp roll in

Bard just doing a melody/twist with aoe snare, healing, aoe slow and having a ds on them is pretty underrated. I do this with a group doing their own thing and a bard chillaxin with them

I did druid ds and heal until golden pick then SK at fort mech with wurm.. 1st day to get to point where you van get group xp then whatever after. Sometimes I would hit the library and swarm half the zone. Other times normal xp, depended on how many I was PLing.

Yep, pretty much what others have said 120 SK, Shaman, and Mage in one group. Sk has honed wurmsayler use that on pulls once in position with mobs at back in camp switch to holding fire beetle eyes in both hands so you don’t repo.

Toons to be power-leveled and bard same level as those being power-leveled. Also can use golden pick and hit all Mac. Once mobs in camp bard hits with lowest level AOE song let it land a couple of times. Have Sk and mage cast DS and watch exp roll in
Could you clarify this? "Also can use golden pick and hit all Mac."

I am very confused. ;)

Golden pick is a quest. You do most of the quest but don't finish it. Once you get the golden pick you stop. It is an unresistable single target proc of 1 damage. Hitall Mac is a Mac that will make sure you damage every mob on x target. Honed warm slayer is a quest in FM for a weapon that absorbs damage.

Best id say is going to be an SK but theres methods to pull it off with mages/necros/druids/bards/rangers/cleric. I personally run a group at different stages to level my toons. 1-90 is SK/MAG/CLR/BARD using DS in the grounds or fort mech with golden pick. 90-112 in Frontier mountains with SK/Healer/ 2x dps (zerk/rogue/ranger is best imo).

If you're going for raw speed and you're not on FV where you can just buy a Golden Pick, SK is the best hands down. I can do 1-90 in a day if I'm paying attention. Then at 90, just group with 120s and plow relevant zones.

If you're going for raw speed and you're not on FV where you can just buy a Golden Pick, SK is the best hands down. I can do 1-90 in a day if I'm paying attention. Then at 90, just group with 120s and plow relevant zones.
I agree with this. I used to think PLing was easy on my ranger until I started playing an sk and discovered true easy mode.

And even if you can't just buy a Golden Pick, your SK can breeze you through the questline for it in like 20 minutes and it only takes that long cause your noob runs so slow lol

Not going to lie, starting from lvl 1 is great and ive done most of the time. However, for playtime and advantages for heroic characters is where its at with me.

Depending on your play style and time sink allowed, i will always say PL from lvl 1 but lately for me it just isn't enough time with RL.

So i very much like the lvl 100 heroics. You can pretty much PL them to 115 (max for TOV/COV coming this year) pop a krono and max aa's within a month. (So 50$ per character will have lvl 115 with max AAs isnt too bad of a trade off vs time for me)**

So regardless, I use the following classes to PL: SK, Pally, or Rng at lvl 120. PL from 100 to 115 goes pretty quick. I can get most to lvl 110 within 1 night of play. (6ish hours) 110 to 115 goes a little slower and use SK/PAL with a 120 SHM in group for heals. (this usually takes 3 days)

But for LVL 1 i use the ole SK/DS trick. :) Pick your flavor and have fun with it and i do recommend to explore the old zones a little if you are making a lvl 1!!

I did The Golden Pick quest on my lvl 90 zerker and upon the completion of 'The Golden Pick III' the pick disappeared from my inventory after I turned in the 6 ores. Anyone else understand why this happened?

I did The Golden Pick quest on my lvl 90 zerker and upon the completion of 'The Golden Pick III' the pick disappeared from my inventory after I turned in the 6 ores. Anyone else understand why this happened?
people on allah report it disappearing, you can re-hail the person for the 3 quest and get the pick back it seems

So I discovered that if you complete the third quest the pick poofs. Once done all the quests you cannot repeat them. So I did them on another toon and got the pick

so whats the trick, do most of the way through , then drop the quest so it doesnt actually "complete" ? I've never actually tried this way.. I always just create a new bard and 'denon's disruptive discord' while grouped up with my PLee.. I have thousands of BARDS now lol.. and of course the tank is sk with non riposte setup and ae aggro..

so whats the trick, do most of the way through , then drop the quest so it doesnt actually "complete" ? I've never actually tried this way.. I always just create a new bard and 'denon's disruptive discord' while grouped up with my PLee.. I have thousands of BARDS now lol.. and of course the tank is sk with non riposte setup and ae aggro..
You just get the pick in 2nd series of the quest line and just let the quest die. You are being PL'ed anyway, you shouldn't care about a low-level quest.

kinda a wide open question there . depends on how , and at what level . because post 115 xp on grind killing is crapola cause you know 0.052 % per kill for mobs makes it a moot point. and thats with vitality and or exp pots . Just saying

Question - What classes are the best Power levelers at 120?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back