• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

What causes /stick to not work sometimes? (1 Viewer)

pwaggs

RedCents
I have been trying to figure out why /stick sometimes works, and sometimes just plain doesnt. Here are a few scenarios...

On a Raid it was working fine, allowing me to make a hotkey /assist MA, /stick behind 6 and one click the entire event. Now sometimes I would have to click it twice, but no big deal.

Then for some reason it just plain stopped working...I would click it 3-10 times and it still wouldnt work. I would get the target fine, but /stick was stuck.

Another instance is a macro I am running at this very moment.../stick is working great to move to the npc and begin the attack, but when the NPC starts to run, it doesnt follow. It will do so on another instance of EQ that I am running in another window without fail. The only difference is that I am shrouded to different types of mobs on each character...and that I am using Viewport on one of them (the one that loses /stick.)

I don't believe this is lag related, since I have run hours upon hours of macros using /stick in FH without fail on multiple EQ instances simultaneously. Never once did it mess up.

Any pointers or even hints on how to reset it would be of great help. I reloaded MQ2Movement and that didn't seem to have any effect.

Thanks for the input fellas. Unfortunately neither solution worked for me. Maybe it has something to do with models. Will try to see if taking different forms helps.

not sure either Pwaggs i had some thing happen in a grp the other day ..

/stick 8

then mob dies..

i hit assist key .. and /stick 8 again .. and nada he sits there doing nothing.. so i had him sit and stand and he started swingin again

hmmmm

army

For about a month, I've been experienced these symptoms from time to time. unloading and re-loading MQ2MoveUtils does the trick. I see the symptoms most often after I have chain-zoned...but it is not repeatable on demand. I just hooked up a hot key to facilitate the refresh when in battle (...warrior...nothing more embaressing then expecting to auto-face the next target when in a group and nothing happens...)

i sometimes get the problem if after zoning i use stick before i lose the target(from death or esc) and press a direction arrow it sometimes freezes stick so it wont work. more rare sometimes itll not stick then when i get another target 6 sec after i target stick will sudden activate itself and if i press a direction button to stop it but keep a target 6 sec later stick starts again. but unloading and reloading the plugin works for me

well I have had those problems and even been one step further where stick is broke and all of a suddfen I get messages saying that I can't use a skill cause I am to distracted over and over and have to run aroundfd manually fora while till it chills out again. I use mq2melee too

Normally /stick 10 or
/stick behindonce 10 or
/stick moveback 10
scenario dictates

So anyway that being said...... I wonder if they really do have aplugin that let's non casters cast... hmmm needed plugins

1. cast spells without being a caster
2. Unlimited mana
3. suer mana regen
4. Bag of holding (Bazillion slot bag with 100% weight reduction for you non-D&Ders)
5. something else really really cool that I haven't thought of yet

What causes /stick to not work sometimes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back