• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - We need to band together to change policy in Everquest (1 Viewer)

RedCents
182¢
I have posted a thread on Everquest boards outlining the fact that when we open new accounts for 1 year we should be able to transfer 1 character from current account for free. This would save us from having to start from scratch . The post is on https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-player-per-new-1-year-account-opened.278138/ please feel free to add coments to it the more support the better. Thank You for Your time and hope this was helpful in someway.

INB4 "i heard the single person in the universe that knew how to do account -> account xfers left and they have never been able to figure it out since"

I have posted a thread on Everquest boards outlining the fact that when we open new accounts for 1 year we should be able to transfer 1 character from current account for free. This would save us from having to start from scratch . The post is on https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-player-per-new-1-year-account-opened.278138/ please feel free to add coments to it the more support the better. Thank You for Your time and hope this was helpful in someway.

This link throws an error when trying to access it. Which sub forum did you post under and what is the title of your post please?

Although I don't hold out much hope for this since Jchan's answer was a firm no when asked if it would ever be brought back.

This link throws an error when trying to access it. Which sub forum did you post under and what is the title of your post please?

Although I don't hold out much hope for this since Jchan's answer was a firm no when asked if it would ever be brought back.
I just clicked on it and it took me straight to it. but posting is in Player support section

If there was any fraud and DBG lost money, they will never offer the service again. They got burned and will never look back at doing it.

I would hope they will reconsider and they currently offer transfers to other servers. It would be the same concept but they would have to build the character from scratch. Charging 50$ wouldnt be enough for the time it would take for them to build the character on the other account. We would be looking at more of 100$ for this service.

We can only hope!

It was not 100% the fraud issue. It was not that only one person knew how.

Another viewpoint is this.

Jan/Feb 2017 a security update to Launchpad for all products resulted in Windows XP and Vista users no longer being able to update their games.

This was also the patch that changed how character files were stored - something about flat or not flat.

March - June 2017 some sporadic transfers were going on (this is the part where one guy was doing it manually) but were whittled down to less than 1 in August.

Sept - Nov 2017 - players started noticing they could no longer transfer.

EQ ignored this for a while and then posted it was not available and not sure when it would be. That held players in limbo for the next 4 years. So now it has now changed to: account-to-Account transfers are unavailable at this time. No more "unknown when it would be"

In a live interview last year with Jchan's she was negative on this ever coming back.

I beleive it is a combination of all the above. The patch update ruined the automatic process and the way characters are stored made it so someone had to go in and do it manually to override the faulty old files. The fraud issue makes perfect sense too. Since the one guy doing it manually is no longer with them.

I am just so happy I got in under the wire and had my wizard transferred to her own account off my warrior's account before they took them away. I am pretty sure I was one of those manual transfers that guy did before they stopped even that. LOL

Request - We need to band together to change policy in Everquest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back