• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - VPN and MQ2 (1 Viewer)

gibbo889

RedCents
104¢
Hello All,
Need to start using VPN (ISP Cox, some how added latency to my connection MS was 25 now its 200). Question is when I use expressVPN I notice that the characters are not communicating with each other on MQ (meaning none of the commands transfer from one instance to another), I turned off VPN and it works. Is there a setting that I'm missing on MQ to make it work when using VPN?

Yes it does, i have a ticket with Cox and they are not able to fix their routing or if they are throttling me to DBG, instead they tried to sell me a GAMERS PACKAGE for 5 more bucks a month. We (few people in San Diego) found out last week during a raid that we are getting 200ms and was not able to fix it, so tried a VPN services that i use for other things and i went from 200ms down to 60 when using Los Angeles location. Fixed my lag issue also, i let DBG know as well if they get call's, also sent them the logs from the DBG.log file showing zoning from GL to GH taking 3 mins with no VPN and 20 seconds with VPN. Then our other buddy in San Diego with ATT works like a charm. But ATT not available where I'm at in the boonies.

Last edited:
I configure my VPN to run off my router so that all traffic coming from my house is automatically routed through the VPN instead of the software solution that only works on the devices that have it installed. That would solve any problem with a VPN highjacking local P2P connections.

Question - VPN and MQ2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back