• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Voice tell "Battle" (1 Viewer)

freeferli

RedCents
831¢
I am not exactly sure what this is, it seems to happen when I enter the kunark channel but I am not 100% sure that is right.
Battle.PNG

Is it voice telling the kunark channel "Battle" am I annoying a bunch of players?
Is this some MQLive plugin or is it a normal EQ feature?

I am not exactly sure what this is, it seems to happen when I enter the kunark channel but I am not 100% sure that is right.
View attachment 33009

Is it voice telling the kunark channel "Battle" am I annoying a bunch of players?
Is this some MQLive plugin or is it a normal EQ feature?
you have a hotkey/automation doing /vt 3 ### whatever ### battle is

gonna need to find that

mq2rez does /vt 3 007 if you have voicenotify turned on

@Sic Any idea how I would go about finding where that is coming from? Or what directory to look in?
for now I have just joined a bogus channel for 3

grep -R "voicenotify" macros/
has not returned any results yet.
maybe I will try this next
grep -R "/vt" macros/

When I added /vt 3 to the command for spawnmaster I did double check it wasn't going to an actual channel. /vt for "voice tell" is trying to "tell" someone by the following name the voice message of battle. But since it's impossible for a player to be named "3" it goes to nobody but yourself. This way an easy way to provide an audible alert to inform you that something had spawned, You can make adjustments to your OnSpawnCommand in the SpawnMaster INI to prevent it from doing this if you like.

INI:
[Server.CharacterName]
OnSpawnCommand="/multiline ; /vt 3 005 ; /popup SPAWN: ${SpawnMaster.LastMatch}!"
Enabled=on

It's per character, so that you can have it only get triggered on one character per group or just one character period. There's tons of information floating around on screen and the VT is a good way to let you know. Of course you can also change it to be a different message /vt 3 001 etc. Glad yall were able to sort out what the issue was though :-)

Question - Voice tell "Battle"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back