• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guide - /veteran (1 Viewer)

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
25,742¢
Pronouns
He/Him
I recently made a new toon on my oldest account and when I tried to /veteran I got some bullshit about not active a year (lul) and 0 years 0 days entitled and stuff.

When I sent in a petition, they told me it is because I had multiple toons connected and/or multiple launchers open. I needed to disconnect everything, log 1 toon in fresh from launchpad and then I would be able to /veteran.

After doing this and getting my new toon flagged, I remembered this was an issue from a 100 million years ago.

Coincidentally in the DB ticket I was told that this was an issue they're currently working on. <--- it has been at LEAST 7 years since I had that issue last time

figured this might help someone

Edited to add - I've been told this is the same reason us boxers get a ton of our messages filtered out / spam filtered. For example, you send a long message and it never goes through? yeah, it is whatever filter they use or however they use this veteran thing flags our accounts as possible "spam" accounts since it shows our veteran/account time as 0 they think we could be a fresh account and watch us for spam

Last edited:
Yeah you'll find the same issue that causes that also messes with the spam filter. If you launch game with wineq2 or whatever (instead of launcher), the spam filter will be extremely aggressive with you b/c it thinks you're playing on a brand new account with zero playtime.

updated to add:

I've been told this is the same reason us boxers get a ton of our messages filtered out / spam filtered. For example, you send a long message and it never goes through? yeah, it is whatever filter they use or however they use this veteran thing flags our accounts as possible "spam" accounts since it shows our veteran/account time as 0 they think we could be a fresh account and watch us for spam

updated to add:

I've been told this is the same reason us boxers get a ton of our messages filtered out / spam filtered. For example, you send a long message and it never goes through? yeah, it is whatever filter they use or however they use this veteran thing flags our accounts as possible "spam" accounts since it shows our veteran/account time as 0 they think we could be a fresh account and watch us for spam

FUUUUQ
I always wondered why the hell my tells that are longer than say 10 words never go through LOL! DAMN!

Late to the party here but there are definitely certain things that block messages in addition to them being long. Proper punctuation and spelling is the devil here. Using apostrophes and commas like they're or we're will also flag as spam because I guess some spam messages use a lot of special characters for !!@@##$$&&flashyness!!##@@$$!!@. Next time you have one blocked, remove and punctuation and it will probably go through. Not everytime, but a lot of the time that is what it is.

I also probably am marked worse as spam because when I see it happen I re-spam the same message with minor changes to words to figure out what it's blocking. It also really doesn't like words like time (potime), and buy/sell. Spell them wrong and goes through fine.

With vet rewards, you need to log in via the launcher and then choose server/character, if your using the patchme thing to bypass it, it does something to how EQ looks at your played time, I had the same issue, but after I went into the game via the launcher I was able to use my /veteran to get my vet AA's on a new char

Veteran is one of those things that's invaluable, but is often neglected, because it's looked at as "Icing on the cake" by daybreak. It's there, but they don't actively encourage you to use it, and if you don't know about it already, you kick yourself when you find out about it.
DB has already shown clearly that they're on a downhill glide with the game, taking a fairly minimalistic approach to keeping it alive. It's unfortunate, but true.
With that said, there are numerous ways they could inject serious new life into the EQ series, starting with hiring proper coding talent, buckling down on fixing longstanding issues (Follow could be modified off /stick), and actively advertising the game heavily to a younger generation, while also targeting old players e-mails.
It's frustrating to say the least.

I recently made a new toon on my oldest account and when I tried to /veteran I got some bullshit about not active a year (lul) and 0 years 0 days entitled and stuff.

When I sent in a petition, they told me it is because I had multiple toons connected and/or multiple launchers open. I needed to disconnect everything, log 1 toon in fresh from launchpad and then I would be able to /veteran.

After doing this and getting my new toon flagged, I remembered this was an issue from a 100 million years ago.

Coincidentally in the DB ticket I was told that this was an issue they're currently working on. <--- it has been at LEAST 7 years since I had that issue last time

figured this might help someone

Edited to add - I've been told this is the same reason us boxers get a ton of our messages filtered out / spam filtered. For example, you send a long message and it never goes through? yeah, it is whatever filter they use or however they use this veteran thing flags our accounts as possible "spam" accounts since it shows our veteran/account time as 0 they think we could be a fresh account and watch us for spam

I'm so glad I logged in here tonight! I was just getting ready to petition that again ! It's clear that customer service doesn't know what they're doing.

Re. Chat filters, they are triggered if you say "class action." It will get marked as spam. That's the same reason I'm IP banned from the forums

I'm so glad I logged in here tonight! I was just getting ready to petition that again ! It's clear that customer service doesn't know what they're doing.

Re. Chat filters, they are triggered if you say "class action." It will get marked as spam. That's the same reason I'm IP banned from the forums

Because you threatened them with a class action lawsuit? Lol

That makes me wonder if the whole "customer service reps will stop speaking to anyone who threatens them/their employer with a lawsuit" thing is actually true.

A guildie who was spending a ton of money in EverQuest abandoned all his accounts after they banned one of them because he mentioned the L word . He had used a secret question that he couldn't remember and they were being very hard assed.

I frequently called out the moderators for being arbitrary , capricious and mean . But the banning was due to my discussion of how stupid their automated banning software. Suggested a class action might be in order.

And yes, if you do mention lawyers customer service will stop talking. Consider the whole Russia / Michael Avenatti thing, you can understand why they would not want legal attention of any kind. I am sure EverQuest is laundering money.

Last edited:
Guide - /veteran

Users who are viewing this thread

Back