• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Open Beta is available as of yesterday (1 Viewer)

- Shaman - Flesh Rot and Hoarfrost will now stack properly.
- Shaman - Wings of Hayatet now increase the critical chance of fire spells
- Shaman - Ignite now adds a spell accuracy debuff
- Shaman - Damage for all spells has been increased
- Shaman - The damage shield portion of Burning Mantle should now be working

PVP
- PVP ruleset has changed to free-for-all!
- Minimum level for PVP is now 7.
- Maximum level spread is 10.
- You now drop a corpse on death.

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

firecrotch is gone :(

Bullshit I say!

Are you having fucked up variations in your heals with the patches? 2 patches back I went from healing for like 640 with my big heal to like 540 then they patched again and it went up to like 870ish then they patched again and now I think it sits around 700... I think my HoT went from 160ish a tick down to like 130ish with the last patch.

I seem to have a bit more trouble killing +3s solo now. I know what you mean with the bard though. When I group with a bard buddy I do almost half again the dmg I do solo. I tried playing one yesterday and at level 6 I was smacking shit for 120ish with my mainhand hit on one ability. I don't think I'd really like playing one though even though it amuses me to name my songs retarded things.

On the PvP front if they will now just drop the level cap and put in some sort of penalty for dying I think they'd have a pretty sexified PvP ruleset. Assuming they can scale pvp damage appropriately to actually allow for some decent fights rather than rogue classes just raping everyone.

Yeah, my heals dropped about 100 damage each - I figured it had to do with the changes they did with how vitality effects things now instead of just being +heals.

Hrm looks like they redid the racial abilities quite a bit with the last patch. Looks like my happy ass will be rolling a gay highelf when the game goes gold.

Well before you got 20 stat points per level. 1 point into each stat assigned by the game. 2 points in one or two stats assigned based on your race. 2 more points assigned to one or two stats based on your class. And then 10 points assigned by you however you like up to your race's stat caps. The preassigned points counted against the caps. Anyway that is pointless since it's different now~

The new way you look at that race cap chart they put in the patch notes:

Sigil peoples said:
Race STR CON DEX VIT WIS INT
Varanjar 1 2 0 0 1 0
Varanthari 2 1 0 0 1 0
Dwarf 0 3 0 0 1 0
Dark Elf 0 0 1 0 1 2
High Elf 0 0 0 0 3 1
Wood Elf 0 0 2 2 0 0
Gnome 0 1 0 0 0 3
Goblin 0 0 0 3 0 1
Half Elf 0 0 2 1 1 0
Lesser Giant 3 1 0 0 0 0
Halfling 0 0 3 0 1 0
Kojani 0 0 0 0 0 0
Mordebi 0 0 0 0 0 0
Qaliathari 0 0 0 0 0 0
Thestran 0 0 0 0 0 0
Kurashasa 0 2 0 0 0 2
Orc 2 2 0 0 0 0
Raki 0 0 1 2 0 1
Vulmane 1 0 1 0 2 0

The numbers show which stats are autoassigned based on race. You no longer get any points based on your class. You are then given 10 points to assign however you like up to 4 points per stat for non-humans. Humans don't have any preassigned points and they get 14 points to add to each stat up to 5...

So starting at level 10 you get 1 point assigned to every stat when you level, 4 points assigned based on your race, and then 10 (or 14 points for a human) that you can assign.

So as a high elf cleric. Every level I would get 1 str 1 con 1 dex 1 vit 4 wis 2 int automatically assigned. Then I could assign 10 points (at a max of 4 added per stat) however I like to end up with 1 str 3 con 1 dex 5 vit 8 wis 2 int per level. Were I to roll any of the human races I would have 1 str 1 con 1 dex 1 vit 1 wis 1 int automatically assigned. Then 14 points to assign as I like (at a max of 5 added per stat) to end up with 1 str 5 con 1 dex 6 vit 6 wis 1 int per level.

So doing quick math I would end up with the following bonus stats at 50:

High Elf - 40 str 120 con 40 dex 200 vit 320 wis 80 int
Human - 40 str 200 con 40 dex 240 vit 240 wis 40 int

With the starting stats that are based solely on class I would in theory end up with the following at 50:

Cleric Base - 35 str 30 con 25 dex 35 vit 50 wis 35 int
High Elf - 75 str 150 con 65 dex 235 vit 370 wis 115 int
Human - 75 str 230 con 65 dex 275 vit 290 wis 75 int

So my high elf and human would hit about the same, the human would have more hp, they would crit about equally often with melee, the human would heal for a bit more, the high elf would have a good deal more energy, and the high elf would nuke a bit harder.

So you basically have a little more flexibility with human races but they cannot get their caps as high as the other races. Unfortunately most of the races don't really have great stat placement. Also I am unsure if there are caps on the max amount of stat you can have like there were originally in EQ. I don't think so however as several races would hit a 255 stat cap only counting their bonus stats.

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Open Beta is available as of yesterday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back