• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - /useitem Item Name no longer works with MQ2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can make this hotkey to use the item by ID instead

INI:
/itemnotify in pack${Math.Calc[${FindItem[77640].ItemSlot}-22].Int} ${Math.Calc[${FindItem[77640].ItemSlot2}+1].Int} rightmouseup

this is likely because you have the epic ornamanet which will cause your issue since the find item grabs the first thing it finds
Yes, I do.
Is it possible to change MQ2's behavior to click the actual item instead of something unclickable? Or am I now stuck to using the slot #s for the bag / position in the bag?

Yes, I do.
Is it possible to change MQ2's behavior to click the actual item instead of something unclickable? Or am I now stuck to using the slot #s for the bag / position in the bag?
i responded above with a work around.

INI:
/itemnotify in pack${Math.Calc[${FindItem[77640].ItemSlot}-22].Int} ${Math.Calc[${FindItem[77640].ItemSlot2}+1].Int} rightmouseup

you can make this hotkey to use the item by ID instead

INI:

INI:
/itemnotify #77640 rightmouseup
Should probably work, don't know if the bag has to be open or not.

Last edited:
Yeah this happened with me as well. Only, my problem is, they wont hop on their Mounts when I tell them by Item name. guess ill try by item ID since the/UseItem command didn't work.

/useitem "Blade of Vesagran" should work as well.

Specifically the useitem command finds the ornamentation first, so it uses that, but when you pass it in quotes you're looking for the item by the specific name. When you do it without quotes it finds the first item that matches the sub string you passed.

/useitem "Blade of Vesagran" should work as well.

Specifically the useitem command finds the ornamentation first, so it uses that, but when you pass it in quotes you're looking for the item by the specific name. When you do it without quotes it finds the first item that matches the sub string you passed.
The reason I knew to ask about the ornament is because of this issue. Last time it came up my first suggestion was with quotes, I was told it didn't work.

I don't have the ornament to test, but the hotkey above worked.

The reason I knew to ask about the ornament is because of this issue. Last time it came up my first suggestion was with quotes, I was told it didn't work.

I don't have the ornament to test, but the hotkey above worked.

It was actually the ornamentation that caused me to convert to using quotes in the plugins useitem function because berzerker's weren't using their epic. It took a bit to track down the issue and the solution implemented ended up being the quotes. So if the quotes didn't work then we'd had to fix all the plugins clicky logic lol.

Discussion - /useitem Item Name no longer works with MQ2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back