• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - /useitem Item Name no longer works with MQ2 (1 Viewer)

RedCents
663¢
The in-game command /useitem Item Name no longer works with MQ2. However unloading MQ2, it works again. For example, /useitem Blade of Vesagran, for the bard 2.0 click.

Has anyone seen this on their end?

Sic

Nihil ᛗ
RedCents
10,587¢
The in-game command /useitem Item Name no longer works with MQ2. However unloading MQ2, it works again. For example, /useitem Blade of Vesagran, for the bard 2.0 click.

Has anyone seen this on their end?
this is likely because you have the epic ornamanet which will cause your issue since the find item grabs the first thing it finds

Sic

Nihil ᛗ
RedCents
10,587¢
you can make this hotkey to use the item by ID instead

Code:
/itemnotify in pack${Math.Calc[${FindItem[77640].ItemSlot}-22].Int} ${Math.Calc[${FindItem[77640].ItemSlot2}+1].Int} rightmouseup

RedCents
663¢
this is likely because you have the epic ornamanet which will cause your issue since the find item grabs the first thing it finds
Yes, I do.
Is it possible to change MQ2's behavior to click the actual item instead of something unclickable? Or am I now stuck to using the slot #s for the bag / position in the bag?

Sic

Nihil ᛗ
RedCents
10,587¢
Yes, I do.
Is it possible to change MQ2's behavior to click the actual item instead of something unclickable? Or am I now stuck to using the slot #s for the bag / position in the bag?
i responded above with a work around.

Code:
/itemnotify in pack${Math.Calc[${FindItem[77640].ItemSlot}-22].Int} ${Math.Calc[${FindItem[77640].ItemSlot2}+1].Int} rightmouseup

RedCents
4,921¢
you can make this hotkey to use the item by ID instead

Code:
Code:
/itemnotify #77640 rightmouseup
Should probably work, don't know if the bag has to be open or not.

Last edited:

Tocanman

The Beast that Never sleeps!
RedCents
19¢
Yeah this happened with me as well. Only, my problem is, they wont hop on their Mounts when I tell them by Item name. guess ill try by item ID since the/UseItem command didn't work.

ChatWithThisName

⚔️🛡️🗡️
RedCents
2,445¢
/useitem "Blade of Vesagran" should work as well.

Specifically the useitem command finds the ornamentation first, so it uses that, but when you pass it in quotes you're looking for the item by the specific name. When you do it without quotes it finds the first item that matches the sub string you passed.

Sic

Nihil ᛗ
RedCents
10,587¢

Specifically the useitem command finds the ornamentation first, so it uses that, but when you pass it in quotes you're looking for the item by the specific name. When you do it without quotes it finds the first item that matches the sub string you passed.
The reason I knew to ask about the ornament is because of this issue. Last time it came up my first suggestion was with quotes, I was told it didn't work.

I don't have the ornament to test, but the hotkey above worked.

RedCents
663¢

Quotations also worked!

ChatWithThisName

⚔️🛡️🗡️
RedCents
2,445¢
The reason I knew to ask about the ornament is because of this issue. Last time it came up my first suggestion was with quotes, I was told it didn't work.

I don't have the ornament to test, but the hotkey above worked.
It was actually the ornamentation that caused me to convert to using quotes in the plugins useitem function because berzerker's weren't using their epic. It took a bit to track down the issue and the solution implemented ended up being the quotes. So if the quotes didn't work then we'd had to fix all the plugins clicky logic lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)