• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Um...hi? :D (1 Viewer)

Chaldeus

RedCents
69¢
Hello all!

I got an itch to play EQ after a looong time away...and I started looking around for information on boxing and ended up here.
I am completely confused so far, but will take any help or hints I can get :D I used to 6 box manually, but that is so tiresome and,
frankly, I was never all that good at it :P Here's to hoping that will change!

Hope to see you in game....someday! :D

Chaldeus

howdy - welcome to redguides

Getting Started

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

howdy - welcome to redguides

Getting Started

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.
Thanks! I will go through them now (or as many as I can before I have to make dinner) Any info that can help is greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the community. I guarantee you'll love it here.

Definitely watch all the videos Sic has put together, twice if need be :). They cover almost everything and you'll be up and running a 6 crew in a short while.

Welcome! This will 100% change your boxing life. Watch the videos, mess around in game, watch them again. And can always come here or in the Discord to ask questions. This is a very helpful and teaching community.

Hi @Chaldeus Welcome !! Youre about to take the red pill and feel like Neo..EQ WILL feel awesome again. This community and the tools here are amazing. So many people that all have the joy of EQ, the way it should be.

@Chaldeus as I understood you, I have been in a similar situation. I am back since about 2 years. I stopped playing EQ because manually boxing wasn‘t fun anymore, for me it felt more like a burden. I got exausted and stepped back forom EQ for more than 3 years. When I came back to EQ I had the luck that my old everyevening team was still aktive and had a free slot, because at the same time one teammate retired.

I started with one char every evening an had the fun I expected from playing EQ.
Soon I felt the urge to awake my whole old box-team. At this point, to avoid the next “burnout“, I started to search for helping tools. Luckly I found my way to RG.

With the tools ad hand, I struggled for some weeks to get all chars behave the way I liked them to do.
The tools where working from day 1, but at start, there is to pass a certain learning curve if you want to modify the chars behavior to your likings. But once I passed this first learning curve, the fun to attempt to micromanage the chars behavior created almost the same fun as to progress ingame througt the expansions with my team.

Once all set up to the point you like your chars to behave, you choose your prefeered char (most likely choose the puller or tank) to play aktive ingame, and the other chars will do their job much better, you ever were able to control them boxing manually. I can chat relaxed with the other guildmembers via teamspeak while guiding my „team-boss“ and do the tasks I choosed I want to do today.
The tools available at RG allow me to have the best possible ingame-experience and fun in a relaxed manner.

Take the time to choose the toolset best fitting your way of EQ-experience. You can find tools where there is no need and possibillity to modify the chars behavior, as the creators of those tools have done all the „work“ for you. Others deliver a more generic frame, where its up to you, to do the configuration needed to get the chars to do something imgame, with the opportunity to make them behave exact the way, you choose they should. Libraries are avilable with configurations members here have created to make their toons behave at their likings. You can pick them either to use them as they are and see, if they fit your needs, or as samples to learn, what can be done with those config-files and twiggle them to achieve your wanted behavior.
There are multiple toolsets to achieve the goals, you may pick those fitting your needs best.

I wish you lot of fun, ingame and on the boards here. The Community is great and very activ. Just post your questions and someone will jump in and offer you a hand.

Last edited:
Hello all!

I got an itch to play EQ after a looong time away...and I started looking around for information on boxing and ended up here.
I am completely confused so far, but will take any help or hints I can get :D I used to 6 box manually, but that is so tiresome and,
frankly, I was never all that good at it :P Here's to hoping that will change!

Hope to see you in game....someday! :D

Chaldeus
Welcome back! :)

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

Just my two [red] cents!

IRL - Um...hi? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back