• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Type 5 Augs (1 Viewer)

RedCents
-130¢
Soo anybody know a good way to farm currency for some good type 5 augs? Or any that can be purchased in the bazaar? Don't really care which expansion they come from, just need some to get started with as I work my way up.

Last edited:
As it has been said, Resplendent ones are the easier to get, you just need to do 3 quest to be able to get them (Seal of Approval from Neelo Leafwind in PoHealth, Intothe Temple(a) from Quellious in PoT and into the Temple (b) from Mayor Salvador West in PoLife). Once these done, they'll be unlocked on the merchant in PoHealth. You can buy the currencies from vendor in bazaar or do some mission to get them. There is also some type 5 augs that drop on TBM, they are tradable.
The sebilisian drop in EoK T2 and you can perhaps find some in bazaar. Otherwise you have to do Eok Missions to get currencies to buy the ones from vendor.
On ROS, some drop on T2 but they are no trade. Otherwise you have to do mission to get the ones from vendor in Overthere.
TBL: 3 sources for Type 5 augs. The ones that drop from T1 mobs which are the same that the ones from vendor in stratos.. these are not lore. The ones from T2 which are lore. and the ones you can craft (lore too)

Soo anybody know a good way to farm currency for some good type 5 augs? Or any that can be purchased in the bazaar? Don't really care which expansion they come from, just need some to get started with as I work my way up.
the TBM ones are a decent starter - they are "32" of whatever Hstat - nice thing is they are tradable and non-prestige - so as you replace them, you can shoot them to f2p toons.

the TBM ones are a decent starter - they are "32" of whatever Hstat - nice thing is they are tradable and non-prestige - so as you replace them, you can shoot them to f2p toons.

The currency is tradeable, but the augs themselves are not. I think when you sell augs back to get your currency back, you do so at some penalty (meaning, the price you pay for the aug and the amount of currency you get back when you sell one is not the same).

The currency is tradeable, but the augs themselves are not. I think when you sell augs back to get your currency back, you do so at some penalty (meaning, the price you pay for the aug and the amount of currency you get back when you sell one is not the same).
good correction - confused myself with FV trade stuff

One thing to note is many of us bought or farmed a SHITLOAD of TBM currency for those type 5s back when they were current, but haven't necessarily unloaded all of that currency in the bazaar or made the effort to stick it on a trader.

SO... if you're buying, make sure you /ooc and hit up general chat, especially if there isn't any for sale in bazaar or the prices are bonkers. People like me sitting around with 80,000 across several characters probably would part with a lot of it for fairly cheap.

Yes, price in the bazaar is usually pretty crazy. I’ve always hit up general chat. On my server, the best time is whenever the guilds are raiding.

Most of those guys have a ton of remnants sitting around. You can usually pay about 100-150k for a full set there, or pay double that by going to the bazaar

Grimlock says Smash the TBM missions ..like Head of the snake ect ..easily solo'ed ( by some classes) .Load up your team go solo them, you get I wanna say like 500ish tokens on completion on each toon. Do all the easy missions think there's like 4 , and in a week or two all your type 5 starter set will be finished . they sell back to the vendor for 50% of the cost in tokens.

You may not need a full group to do the following. Depending on how many toons you have and their current level/gear. It would be worth it to make 2 groups if you can. The rare type 5 only drops in heroics and here is a list of the ones i did. Fate Rewards the Bold - heroic adventure from Tarl Punox (Plane of Health) We Make Our Own Rewards - heroic adventure from Tarl Punox (Plane of Health) In Defense of Health - heroic adventure from Kerath Punox (Sul Vius: Demiplane of Life) Lxavnom Labors - heroic adventure from Karth Punox (Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay) For various reasons I think these are the best ones to do and the give you the collectibles for Achievement: Lesser Spirit Armor (Group). Go the extra length and wipe the zone to increase your chance of a rare. Collect what you need then head to any 2t eok zone to farm up some rare augs.

Very few down here in TBM- Working through some of the heroic aa and having an issue. Kerath Punox is not there. Zoning into Life either zone or adventure he is not where he should be. Not sure if the zone is bugged and no one else is having the issue since it isnt travel through that much. Doing HA starting with Tarl Punox , We make our own rewards - he is there for the final turn ins.
Anyone else having this issue.
Side note- simply zoning into zone this past week- there are tons of mobs. Similar to a bustling city. Plus they respawn pretty quick

Kerath Punox should be in Demiplane of Life but the actual quest is in Plane of Health. So you get the quest and then go to the big white diamond by zone in/pond and when you click that and select adventure it will take you to Plane of Health.

I like using EQ Resource for many of these since the steps show maps on where npc is and next steps

Almars has some good pictures also

As it has been said, Resplendent ones are the easier to get, you just need to do 3 quest to be able to get them (Seal of Approval from Neelo Leafwind in PoHealth, Intothe Temple(a) from Quellious in PoT and into the Temple (b) from Mayor Salvador West in PoLife). Once these done, they'll be unlocked on the merchant in PoHealth. You can buy the currencies from vendor in bazaar or do some mission to get them. There is also some type 5 augs that drop on TBM, they are tradable.
The sebilisian drop in EoK T2 and you can perhaps find some in bazaar. Otherwise you have to do Eok Missions to get currencies to buy the ones from vendor.
On ROS, some drop on T2 but they are no trade. Otherwise you have to do mission to get the ones from vendor in Overthere.
TBL: 3 sources for Type 5 augs. The ones that drop from T1 mobs which are the same that the ones from vendor in stratos.. these are not lore. The ones from T2 which are lore. and the ones you can craft (lore too)
Been re-discovering TBM for augs, they have great Type 5's and Type 7's that drop in missions content. You can check them out at tbm.eqresource.com. There's even a type 7 for shields and bows! Nice for ftp alts

Question - Type 5 Augs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back