• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Two Hander vs Dual Wield (1 Viewer)

Wurmdal

RedCents
980¢
Hello, is a good two hander better dps than two good weapons dual wielded ? (i suppose so because of the option bandoswap in the BL CWTN plugin, but wanted to be sure).

** it depends.

For rangers, 2-hander is always ideal, unless you have pureshot disc running … then bow.

For beastlords, most use dual wield, unless you have specific discs/abilities running (I believe it’s vindication and other abilities that boost HHE, but defer to ppl who actually play the class … I’m only tangentially familiar because of raiding and CWTN’s plug-in).

For warriors, the highest dps warrior in my guild uses dual wield exclusively. He doesn’t bother with 2-handlers.

Ok, so it's not so obvious. I was asking because since i've got a pretty good two hander for my BST, and put bandoswap on, he's almost always using this weapon. I have an ice encrusted one hander hence my wondering...

Hello, is a good two hander better dps than two good weapons dual wielded ? (i suppose so because of the option bandoswap in the BL CWTN plugin, but wanted to be sure).
beast lords you want both sets a 2h set for burning and a 1h/h2h set for outside vindication/burning/dfury

Ok, so it's not so obvious. I was asking because since i've got a pretty good two hander for my BST, and put bandoswap on, he's almost always using this weapon. I have an ice encrusted one hander hence my wondering...
don't use ice encrusted. the cov t3 is better

For bsts, a really good 2hnd will out parse ok dw Mmk/bst weaps. The exception is if it’s really good 2hnd vs really good dw setup then the 2hnd for vindication burn and the dw all other times Iirc but can double check with bst friend who guides me on that not changing with TOL

Just so we are clear , assuming that the Two handed weapon is the same quality as the Dual wielded weapons, meaning ( same level weapons from same expansion)

The Two handed weapon wins on DPS every time.

Is is not the case for the 2H blunt, but i've never check for the 1h blunt, thanks .
Can you help me understand, because i don't believe you are correct.

Ratio is better, base dmg, dmg bonus - all better.
hps, ac, mana, end, better
atk slightly less
hdex slightly less
has an additional proc on spell cast
1634878064240.png

Can you help me understand, because i don't believe you are correct.

Ratio is better, base dmg, dmg bonus - all better.
hps, ac, mana, end, better
atk slightly less
hdex slightly less
has an additional proc on spell cast
View attachment 34285

My bad, i was thinking ToV not CoV. Plus i was thinking of my Berz 2H. All wrong !
I still don't have CoV weapons, just starting to get the armor for my tank.

@Hulkman generally, if you have weapons from the same set (like t1 CoV etc) you will get a roughly 10% bump in sustained with DW. The reason is because DW procs the gelid rendering aa. But, as others have said, for burns you want 2H

I understand your points.

But :
Do not forget to factor in the Damage Bonus factor of the weapon. This makes a huge difference when determining how much you hit for in battle. Also in general , the Two handed weapons have way more Proc damage than one handed weapons

I don't even have a 2Hander for my tank, i'm using 1HBlunt pal/shd. Maybe i'm wrong...
Depends on how you’re geared and how close to the wild side you want to live. I only equip sword/board on my SK in the group game if I’m pulling a train of 6+ cov mobs. 5 or less and I just hit my epic and yolo through it.

1hnd/shield for mana regen is suboptimal for ranger, it’s always 2hnd for both melee and bowing equipped. The mana return items don’t generate enough return vs the dmg gained from 2hnd sympathetic procs from tov onward

2hp I believe is the proc you want to use when bowing.
Otherwise, you're using a 1h + shield or the mana-gain book. I don't Ranger, I've just seen it all 3 ways.
In the current setup 2hander + bow is always the way to go I personally like 2hp but I have also seen 2HB used by a number of rangers as well, I would not recommend the 2HS with vampiric proc... it doesn't heal enough to make it worth the lost DPS from fire/poison procs. 1hand + shield or book is very suboptimal at this point. I believe even dual wield beats it on the dps/mana front based on the parses I have seen.

I am suspicious of the Magelo ranger profiles showing 1H+Shield. I suspect its only for the magelo rankings, which sort on HP. Many also equip a defender source too which I feel supports that claim.
It also provides additional hitpoints/AC depending on event. For example, if a Ranger is just doing shade or warblood runner crowd control, then they aren't at all concerned with DPS; their job is to snare/headshot only.
The strategy for the managain is on events where there is an actual mana drain component, or the Ranger dies early, and there aren't enough Clerics to ask for a QP from.

Question - Two Hander vs Dual Wield

Users who are viewing this thread

Back