• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

TurkReno's retirement (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thez

RedCents
210¢
As Turk's thread itself is locked, I felt the need to make a new post about this.

Regardless of what your opinion of Turk was, I do not want to see any further disrespect towards him. For whatever else he did, he worked hard to provide a compile for the people on these forums. As a former compiler myself, I know that that job is not an easy one.

I, for one, am sorry to see Turk go. His shoes will be hard to fill.

I personally like Turkreno's work. I spend 50hrs a week working and have no time of my own to play this stupid game and do my own compiles. I appreciate all the people that do the compiles. It is sad to see another one go. Though I must admit I somehow missed his retirement message.

Turk's retirement is just another example of what happens when someone around here steps up to the plate and cranks out quality work that could be utilizied by all.....and simply ends up getting bashed about for it. I don't blame Turk for this, as I personally wouldn't put up with that bullshit either.

Turk, for what its worth bro, you did a FINE job and you will be sorely missed!

The only reason he gets bashed is because as soon as anyone else attempted to post a compile he came along and shat all over them with pure jelousy that he may lose his little world of attention.

If on the other hand he just carried on without interfering with everyone then i'm sure they would have respect for him, the first day I put up a compile with all the good hacks he comes along thumping on my door trying to be the big mick:

"I'm friends with Sony, you will get banned.."
"Don't post here without gaining reputation first etc..."
"Your compile is etc.."
Silly comments and bad marks etc.

Who the fuck is he to tell me/us what to do, he was not an admin. I paid to join this community and expect not to be hammered for contributing by some kid who learnt how to compile.

Good ruidance to the martyr man. Hooray, peace on the forums now.

Don't panic you will still get your compiles.

What many of you didn't see was the "behind the scenes" things of what he would say, and act.

There is basically a core of people who join the RedguidesIRC daily, him including caused endless drama in the channel ranting, raving, and acting like the all knowing, King of wisdom.

He was an okay precompiler, but what went on behind the scenes took far greater toll than his precompiles.

What megatr0n said was correct, The only reason he got bashed is because as soon as anyone else attempted to post a compile he came along and shat all over them with pure jelousy that he may lose his little world of attention.

All-In-All he was a great compiler, but RedGuides will be better with the dramatic, "look at me, I'm better than all of you" attitude that TurkReno had. As well as the contradictive side of him kicking people out of his RedGroup(note: Not his, s0rcier's RedGroup) because he felt they weren't good enough to be in there.

-Do not fret, there is currently a stable compiler on this forum ALONG with many other's willing to precompile. If you need a precompile'd MQ2, check http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?t=12875

He, unfortunatly, was the downfall of himself; and is now banned.
There is no reason to say your goodbyes, since he cannot read this at all.

Please no more drama in this thread, or the "he said she said" deal. Now that TurkReno is gone RedGuides can return to it's normal state of non-flaming pleasant forums to read and not feel scared to post a question or something interesting.

Last edited:
Will miss you turk , you seemed a good guy and a good asset to RGs , shame so many people got on your back when you were only trying to give a word of warning

Hope you keep on and keep your group going and give me access already dammit!

I liked TurkReno.

P.S. I shall make my return and return RedGuides into a semi-state of chaos soon!

P.P.S. Snorlax Party ownzu

Devlin said:
Please no more drama in this thread, or the "he said she said" deal.
Aah the "I just have to post my (the) last piece of drama, then tell others not to post drama" type of post :)

You can forget about it though, cause I'lll have the last piece of drama ;) *mwahahahahaha*

megatr0n said:
The only reason he gets bashed is because as soon as anyone else attempted to post a compile he came along and shat all over them with pure jelousy that he may lose his little world of attention.

If on the other hand he just carried on without interfering with everyone then i'm sure they would have respect for him, the first day I put up a compile with all the good hacks he comes along thumping on my door trying to be the big mick:

"I'm friends with Sony, you will get banned.."
"Don't post here without gaining reputation first etc..."
"Your compile is etc.."
Silly comments and bad marks etc.

Who the fuck is he to tell me/us what to do, he was not an admin. I paid to join this community and expect not to be hammered for contributing by some kid who learnt how to compile.

Good ruidance to the martyr man. Hooray, peace on the forums now.

Don't panic you will still get your compiles.

I love it a Compile with all the "Good Hacks"

Turk was only trying to save you from yourself.

Warp is indeed getting people banned as is all active hacks.
I personaly just has 2 sleepers accounts and 2 of my live accounts that where baz bots banned.

From simply warping to bank to drop cash in shared bank.

That's it

So you get miffed that someone who knows more then you about the detection logic dissed you for posting active hacks that will get you banned.

Just because your figuered out how to load a compiler and build the source doesn't mean you know jackshit about the backend.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out how to compile mq. It does take half a genius to figure out how it works to begin with.

You sir are not a genius

I didn't see any behind the scenes IRC drama (last time I saw that in any form I was 14 and the channel was #welovetesh), but what I saw was a lot of people taking jabs at the same person for one or two reasons, which ended up (imo) getting out of hand. I found it highly ironic that someone used their ability to manipulate threads on the boards as an admin to post a single reply in a closed retirement thread. I think that if the public isn't afforded a similar opportunity to post, no one should have. Overall, I liked Turk... going off of what I saw on these boards on a daily basis.

Either way, it's not going to stop me from continuing as a member of the community. So the rest of you cats should keep up the great work too.

Sum1 said:
I didn't see any behind the scenes IRC drama (last time I saw that in any form I was 14 and the channel was #welovetesh), but what I saw was a lot of people taking jabs at the same person for one or two reasons, which ended up (imo) getting out of hand. I found it highly ironic that someone used their ability to manipulate threads on the boards as an admin to post a single reply in a closed retirement thread. I think that if the public isn't afforded a similar opportunity to post, no one should have. Overall, I liked Turk... going off of what I saw on these boards on a daily basis.

Either way, it's not going to stop me from continuing as a member of the community. So the rest of you cats should keep up the great work too.

Sum1, I'm not to sure what you mean by "someone used their ability to manipulate threads on the boards as an admin to post a single reply in a closed retirement thread." The only reply post is from Devlin and he isn't an Admin.

The main thing I've noticed in all this is the people who rip on Turk are pretty much accusing him of things they could see if they read their own posts, looked in the mirror so to speak. Not everyone is perfect. Try looking at the bigger picture, people, and not focus on the small things, numerous as they are, and let the ruin your day. I swear, EQ causes more drama than either of my high schools.

most people i see flaming Turk are noobs with average of 15 posts to their names who are here for one thing , Uber hax

No one cares anymore and i miss the good feeling the forums often had for me

Things used to be taken lightly but now if someone says somethings it seems to be ending up more in a flame war

Maybe its just me tho thats noticing it?

Let it die already. The "messiah" is gone, his followers will find a new person to worship soon enough and we can all go back to enjoying RG.

TurkReno's retirement
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back