• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Trying to figure out my group on Ragefire... (1 Viewer)

Demonoid74

RedCents
Currently on Ragefire

My group consists of :
60th Mage
50th Shaman
50th Enchanter
50th Mage

Thinking about adding 2 more accounts to handle tougher encounters and help getting epics etc.
They are already a well oiled killing machine...but I want it even stronger ;)
Which 2 classes should I add? Considering what we have now in Luclin and what will be coming up in PoP
to different classes...I know a Cleric is pretty much a mandatory...also can replace that lower 50th Mage with
something else if I had to!

So what all would you consider a well rounded group with at least the one Mage , Shaman , Enchanter?

I would add a SK/Cleric if you only want to add 2, it has pulling/tanking/healing which you will need for tougher encounters. If you do 3 I would add warrior/cleric and a monk which should help with pulling/dps. Personally I am a fan of bards, but if you want to keep the enchanter/shaman there is just too much overlap with those 3.

A real tank is where its at ,but By PoP just about any meatbag to soak up damage will let you do alot. For most part either Dru/Clr will suffice for a lot of content. IMO Chanter, Mez is key to really cycling through higher tier crawls through places and trivializing a lot of encounters. I can get really sloppy on pulls later in the evenings and surprise my self I survive.

Ditto what everyone else said, add a tank and cleric and you are gtg. I would also consider swapping one of your mages for a wizard and you will have slightly higher DPS and better mobility.

All that said, I can't function without a bard in my group :)

Yeah bards are nice , but with my shaman and enchanter it just seems a bit overkill...lol
But yeah SK was always something I ran with my shamans back in the day and cleric is pretty much a must take for the rez at this point
Have been debating on replacing the lower mage with a wizard for the ports/evac and damage...

Thanks for the input all , will have to debate a little more about what to finalize on...
Either way , I can set up two new accounts and level a wizard or something on that lower mage account...hell my shaman/enchanter and higher mage for DS , I can power level em all up this week ;)

+war/sk/pal
+clr
enc
sha
mag
+wiz

Then add as much DPS to another group as you want
I would recommend you just get the wiz on another account rather than have wiz+mag as same account, I imagine there will be a time you wish you had the mag for more dps.
When you start talking about bigger targets you will need 3+ clerics and 2-3 tanks

Trying to figure out my group on Ragefire...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back