• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Truebox Workaround? (1 Viewer)

WiscoEskimo

RedCents
I'm sure this question has been asked before so I do apologize if it is a repeat question, but I did not find the answer in my search.
I have been 2 boxing with 2 PC's on Yelinak, but my 2nd PC took a crap on me. I was wondering if there is a work around to use 2 clients on the same PC. I'm not looking to bot the 2 toons or anything like that. Just want to be able to use 2 clients on 1 PC on a truebox server.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

well assuming it looks to see if eq is already running on said system I would say no but I don't know how the truebox servers check so I can't answer honestly if it checks your ip then i'd definately say no because i dont see a way to assign your pc 2 seperate ips at the same time.

I'm sure this question has been asked before so I do apologize if it is a repeat question, but I did not find the answer in my search.
I have been 2 boxing with 2 PC's on Yelinak, but my 2nd PC took a crap on me. I was wondering if there is a work around to use 2 clients on the same PC. I'm not looking to bot the 2 toons or anything like that. Just want to be able to use 2 clients on 1 PC on a truebox server.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
We don't really have or support things to circumvent truebox stuff - you really want to respect the "truebox" bit, even if you use additional things like ionbc or myseq

here is the standard reply =p

MQ is not supported on Truebox servers.

Other tools such as MySEQ and IonBC are available for truebox servers.

You can "hide" your virtual machine and play multiple characters on the same computer. However, last time I did that both accounts ended up with a suspension, so maybe hiding was not enough.

TLPs tend to have a higher population and so draw higher reports for third party software usage. The basic idea is that if MQ is disabled for truebox then DPG generally doesn't try too hard to enforce their ULAA. If we wanted to respect their wishes we wouldn't use MQ at all.

Question - Truebox Workaround?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back