• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Triple Mage Vs. Varied Pets (1 Viewer)

leadwise

RedCents
110¢
Hey all, I did post recently and got some great feedback here. I determined the DPS of the group I was doing before was too low. So now I'm contemplating three mages.

Group Ideas are as follows:
Group A.) SK, Enc, Cleric / Shaman, Mage x3.

Group B.) Sk, Enc, Cleric/Shaman, Mage, Beast, Necro.

Are there some great synergies with having three mages (alliance?) vs. having Beast/Necro for the mana regen, additional synergies, etc.
Also, I am curious what peoples thoughts are on a cleric vs shaman in these pet groups as the sole healer. Thanks all!

Hey all, I did post recently and got some great feedback here. I determined the DPS of the group I was doing before was too low. So now I'm contemplating three mages.

Group Ideas are as follows:
Group A.) SK, Enc, Cleric / Shaman, Mage x3.

Group B.) Sk, Enc, Cleric/Shaman, Mage, Beast, Necro.

Are there some great synergies with having three mages (alliance?) vs. having Beast/Necro for the mana regen, additional synergies, etc.
Also, I am curious what peoples thoughts are on a cleric vs shaman in these pet groups as the sole healer. Thanks all!
Triple mage sounds cool and iirc I have seen several people post they have/had done this combo. Kinda makes it simple with spells, etc to all the same class, but would it be fun would be the main question I would ask myself.

Personally, I would go option B because I like having a mix of toons but do so knowing that SHM is only a good solo healer post level 100 and the necro is slow off the gate with DPS, so killing regular zone trash does not seem to allow them to shine. Hand them a named or higher-level mission and the crush it.

just my 2 redcents though

I agree with the necro. Ive solo mained a necro for awhile and often times they are the one I choose to keep alive if things go sideways with my group. I keep a healer merc suspended to handle rezes in a wipe, can rez directly if needed, can go just about anyplace with all the FD options or get out of anyplace and pull/summon corpses. The dps is low in some fights that are short, but gets better as the fight gets longer.

Def would say B
3 mages is nice, and in old school like TLS they are just uber. but if your on live having multiple class's really steps things up and shines. The necro up till 100+ takes a little bit to stack up dmg post 100+ they can do alot of short duration dmg and still really shine on any longer fight. the best brings alot to the group as well. and ofcourse having hte mage means you can mage gear all 6 pets (SK/Mage/Bst/Necro/Shm/Ench).

To me, the beauty of a mostly mage party is that the pets DPS is fast and easy with limited gear. Of course you gear and AAs will help, but each time you ding and get the new pet - it's great! I did this for MANY years with good success, but in the end game a fully geared melee group will out DPS them. I guess the question is this: How hard do you plan to work to outfit your team?

[Edit spelling error]

Last edited:
Question - Triple Mage Vs. Varied Pets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back