• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - ToL AA's (1 Viewer)

Anyone have any info on how many new AA we'll be getting?

Look at what was released during the last 111-115 expansion and you can pretty much guess those will be the same things upgraded in ToL. I don't expect any new AA's to be added... just continuations of old lines. This forecast is based on the fact that DPG sucks. Also, (and probably more helpful to you) the devs have repeatedly said they prefer balancing around existing, predictable abilities rather than adding a bunch of new ones. There is also apparently coding issues with adding lots of disparate AA lines, but I'm less familiar with that facet of the game.

Yea like Sum wrote..

same AA's most likely but another 20k of them.
it has been roughly 5k per class bump over the past several years (give or take --- some had a bigger bump from RoS to TBL like ranger, or like shd from tbl to tov)

I don't think 20k each is something they'd be leaning towards. I'd guess roughly 5k again

examples:
Bard: RoS 33k -> TBL 36k -> ToV 41k -> CoV 44k
Monk: RoS 32k -> TBL 36k -> ToV 41k -> CoV 45k
Shd: RoS 39k -> TBL 43k -> ToV 51k -> CoV 57k
Wizard: RoS 33k -> TBL 38k -> ToV 43k -> CoV 48k

it has been roughly 5k per class bump over the past several years (give or take --- some had a bigger bump from RoS to TBL like ranger, or like shd from tbl to tov)

I don't think 20k each is something they'd be leaning towards. I'd guess roughly 5k again

examples:

I see =) That would make it way better.

examples:

I bet lvl vs non-level expansions matter. There are abilities that get upgraded on level cap raising expansions (decap, headshot for example) that impact the total.

I bet lvl vs non-level expansions matter. There are abilities that get upgraded on level cap raising expansions (decap, headshot for example) that impact the total.
well of course things matter.

my point was based on the previous trend (which is the only information we have to go by) we're roughly looking in that neighborhood, and we don't really have anything to suggest we're going to get 20k.

of course, they could add 0, or 100 infinity million if they wanted to, but my guess based on previous is somewhere in the 3-7k range for most classes unless they decide to add new AAs entirely and not just new ranks, which while it would be great, we don't have anything thus far to suggest they're doing that

didnt focus AA cost increase? i mean some are already 205? per rank.. so might be getting up to the cap to upgrade some, based on 230 design.

On the same note, im not worried about the number, more of the *value*.. 220 AA's for a 1% increase.. bleh

Banked AA camp should be getting close to 250 or 240 with increase to 120 right?
yeah the "standard cap" it is double lvl cap. i say "standard cap" because some achievements and such will force you to a larger cap and inevitably someone will chime in with an "aktually"

yeah the "standard cap" it is double lvl cap. i say "standard cap" because some achievements and such will force you to a larger cap and inevitably someone will chime in with an "aktually"

*does the anime glasses push up* well, ackshually I believe it's spelled a-c-k-s-h-u-a-l-l-y

(I'm just playing please don't hurt me I <3 you Sic)

I capped at 230aa banked on normal XP grind. Pushed up to 400aa with Achievement rewards, but was brought back down to 345aa banked after logging.

well of course things matter.

my point was based on the previous trend (which is the only information we have to go by) we're roughly looking in that neighborhood, and we don't really have anything to suggest we're going to get 20k.

of course, they could add 0, or 100 infinity million if they wanted to, but my guess based on previous is somewhere in the 3-7k range for most classes unless they decide to add new AAs entirely and not just new ranks, which while it would be great, we don't have anything thus far to suggest they're doing that

Well, 20k is just ridiculous... but the difference between 3k and 7k for a class could be explained by whether the expansions were level expansions or status quo expansions. I never advocated for 20k aa's... so using that as your example to me is a bit of a red herring.

Well, 20k is just ridiculous... but the difference between 3k and 7k for a class could be explained by whether the expansions were level expansions or status quo expansions. I never advocated for 20k aa's... so using that as your example to me is a bit of a red herring.
I didn't say you did. you were responding to my response to pepe's suggesiton of 20k

so no, not a red herring. I think you just got yourself mixed up.

1635964939658.png

1635964925034.png

Nope, not confused. Everything in your post was talking about 3-7k differences. My point was the larger differences were likely influenced by two factors: the type of class (hybrid, pure melee, etc.), and whether the expansion jump was a level expansion or not. You had already addressed the class question (sort of), and I was simply pointing out that the expansion type likely mattered, as well, when the data was lined up.

Question - ToL AA's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back