• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

to those of you who think you should be the only people who do this stuff....... (1 Viewer)

3djoker

RedCents
10¢
this is a flame toward a single person on stromm server (and those of you who screw with people that are doing exactly what your doing). im not going to announce game name or where this happened, but i'm going to give specific details that the person who it is, knows who they are, if they even visit anything other then the strat section.

today i was running a macro. second time in the place i used it. i scouted the area out about 10 + times in the last week to see how active it was before i used it to avoid conflict.

well a person named "toonsnamehere", has been there on 7 of the 10 times i have checked the spot, doing the exact same macro i was using. i monitored the toon on numerous occassions, to see if indeed it was the same macro or not. well it was. they would do exactly what my macro does. i sent a tell 2 times asking if they minded if i would run side by side when they did, with no answer, so i'm assuming they were afk. so yesterday and today this toon was not there and i decided to start using it.

well i left the house with the kids for about 3 hours. when i came back, (the toon that was there 7 times previous to this time), had entered 2 of my toons groups. (they were not grouped) and said "bann for you poof" on one toon, and "ban for you" on another toon. now mind you, neither were grouped, and both had group chat saying the above.

so, this tells me.....
1. your macroing afk too.
2. you have the plugin to enter anyones group.
3. you think you should be the only person in the world doing what thousands of others are doing.

now...... on top of that, not only did they do the above, but they had the curtousy to ooc... "does anyone know any mobs that see through rogue invis?"

thus, people were giving suggestions. then the said toon tried to train my toons with said mobs which it didnt work. why? cuase i was far enough behind a wall that they couldn't hit me.

to you, i say, your a coward. your a piece of shit. you can have your spot back, i hope that you die in a fire, or drown in a pool of fecal matter.

why screw with someone that isn't hurting you? !!!! i seen you 7 times for at least 30 minutes at a time (before i got bored and left), tried to talk to you and ask for cooperation, and then you turn and do something like this?

i'm going to end this now. i spoke my mind.

my last 2 questions are this.....

1. why is it ok for you to do it, but not someone else?
2. if this is supposed to be a community, why would we turn on our own people instead of just trying to help them out? couldn't you have just joined my group and said "i know what yer doing, just leave me be, and i'll leave you be"?

/rant off

p.s. if you were childish enough to petition me, no matter. the 2 accounts you joined and tried to threaten were new toons i am trying to rasie up. so no big loss. if they do get banned, your ingame name WILL BE POSTED for all to see. (if you think i'm joking or don't have it.. . . . it begins witha T and ends withan A. 8 letters long.) remember, the gms are our enemies, not the ones here at the boards. !!!!!!!

peace.

GMs aren't our enemies.

... and a fyi most of the people who report others for using MQ are MQ users themsevles. It really is sad, but most of them just don't want the competition. Just oust the fucker imo ... it's one less MQ-dolt that we have to share gamespace with.

I've had it happen to me once, where a person threatened me. I just startet out with telling him I didn't take kindly to threats and that he was now on ignore. After that I had him stalked from various accounts and various friends too. Every time one of them saw him do anything clearly "illegal" they sent him a polite tell that he was now /report'ed and /petition'ed for warping/ghostkilling/gating/zoning etc.
Suddenly he was MIA for a month and I never heard of him threatening anyone again when he got back :)

He was never actually /report'ed or /petition'ed, I just wanted him scared shitless for threatening a fellow "cheater". If I did get suspended/banned, I would have no qualms using all the information gathered during the stalking period, against him. Dates and times and what the offense was. If they want to play dirty, I can play right along with them :)

Lol had some funny shit happen to my roommate. Just happen that the guy was a RG subscriber and knew who I was.

The story behind it was that he saw my roommate macroing and told him he was going to petition him. I told my roommate to say he was me and this guy said that he was lieing. I hoped on my RG account sent this guy a tell and he said he was sorry and my roommate went on his way.

Kinda funny, but most other MQ2 users like to think they are smarter or unique. Anything you do in MQ2 has already been done 100 times over. I'd say half of the mq2 users that are banned are banned by other mq2 users. If you want to macro seemlessly. Create your own macro and don't share it with anyone.

Noobhaxor

I tell you what something fun to do is. Use mq2ghost and run around zone watching players. heh i did this on progression for a bit was fun watching all the FoH peeps warp through zones/fade and stuff.

was fun also watching people warp to all the panadas trying to get claws for waks lol.

/clap for NoobHaxor (no sarcasm)

/report his stupid ass. Its that simple. If he is maliciously abusing a plugin that is causing you problems, then by all means, take whatever means you feel is needed to handle the problem yourself. No one is going to look down on you for taking care of someone who is being a complete asshat to other MQ2 users, you'd be doing the rest of us a favor.

I view it this way. There are 2 types of people who use MQ2.
1) The person who wants everything, as to leave others in the dust, and they are ones who normally link all their items to prove they are uberly equipped. These are the people who will report you, because you are competition to them.
2) People who hate running, boats, and long camp. People who think running around is lame, because they are killers not explorers. People who'd rather play a game rather than spend most of the time searching for things to do. Basically, the like travel to be easymode. And hey, if we get some cheap easy XP out of it why complain?

Reporting people only causes the GMs to take notice of MQ2, and that's how they find out what's hot. They don't need to read this website when there are idiots who do their job for them under the guise of protecting MQ2.

BTW, you can't joingroup when players aren't in a group. What that guy used was CMessage, a slightly less harmful plugin. I'd bet if you checked your logs, he wouldn't be there for joining (which does show up when JoinGroup is used).

thez said:
BTW, you can't joingroup when players aren't in a group. What that guy used was CMessage, a slightly less harmful plugin. I'd bet if you checked your logs, he wouldn't be there for joining (which does show up when JoinGroup is used).

Your wrong on this.

Ive done it before.. and well coming back from a party tonight I was grouped with a friend, when I was groupless when I left.

jcasper is right my friend,
i did get a message saying "T******A" has joined the group. i know knetix has the plugin for sale to join any group, so am assuming they were using this. like i said. it doesn't bother me about that type of stuff. hell i wouldn't have minded if they would have joined the group and just leeched exp. heck, i would have rather them joined a group, say "hey look, i know what you do. why don't we work as a team and accomplish greater things." then i would have replied with something like, i have 4 other toons that we could take down some big mobs if you wanna help, split it 50/50. you help me, i'll help you.

but now i have to keep an eye open on an alt for some dickhead that may screw with a toon i'm trying to raise up.

anyways. . . if you are one of these people that would do something like this, why not try to make a friend that may be able to help you out instead of being an assclown. i could have reported you long ago but i let you be and have yer fun. i'm in it to have fun not cuase grief to others. JUST THINK BEFORE YOU DO STUPID STUFF is all im saying.

p.s. no i'm not going to petition this person. i'm not like that. if one of my chars gets banned, then i'll unleash the fury on them. cuase obviously if they paid for the plugin to get in others groups, they paid for ghostkill, they paid for nozonereqs, and the others kenetix has to offer. so in the long run they will be more upset then i will be. hell i still have 4 mains to fall back on.

If you joingroup somone who is ungrouped it will make one, i use it every day while i'm boxing

There is honor among thieves. Shoot 1/2 the peeps i play with are mq users. I prefer it actually. I have a mac running usually that will auto /succor /fade at 15% or lower. And i have to turn that off (for obvious reasons) when im with a pick up group. (i think that is the biggest waste of time to go get your body/rez). I never interfere with others.

I even /tell them to IM me or yahoo mail me when there mac is f&^%ing up. I never mention why to IM me so in case logs are checked. I just put “it would be wise to IM me”

So my point is don’t make enemy’s. Even if you don’t want to group with them later. But if you want to be a total asshat, then your day of banning will come. The peeps I know are all vengeful. So its only a matter of time. Sure there have been times ive wanted to run a macro and I thought it was too “hot” because 6 others were doing it. But I never send them a tell or threaten them. That’s just stupid. I just find something else to do. Or I take the chance and run it with them. So if you are reading this then I would suggest that you apologize to 3djoker in game. That’s the decent thing to do.

Just a thought.. The guild I'm in on Xegony is slowly getting to the point where its almost all mq2 users. I happen to prefer it that way as you don't have to try to "explain" some things that you've done.

JCasper said:
Your wrong on this.

Ive done it before.. and well coming back from a party tonight I was grouped with a friend, when I was groupless when I left.

where you running a macro with auto accept on ... or was it a guildie and you have auto accept guild invites.....

rawwar said:
where you running a macro with auto accept on ... or was it a guildie and you have auto accept guild invites.....
Heh, the answer is in 3 posts following the original ;)

MQ2JoinGroup, was even posted here on RG for a short time :)

rawwar said:

/joingroup works on a single player. Basically, the plugin informs the player that you agree to join the group as if you were actually invited already. Therefore, if you target a player that is solo and /joingroup them...you will then form a group with them and they will become the leader.

to those of you who think you should be the only people who do this stuff.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back